1 2 3
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
5/8/18 6:44 a.m.

Someone must have hacked Ovechkin's cell number and cancelled all his tee times for mid-May!  Let's Go Caps!

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
5/8/18 10:47 p.m.

I remember about 8yrs ago the Capitals won the regular season cup went to a restaurant I worked in got very drunk called up the next day to complain about the tab then got bounced out of the playoffs.  I wish them well but as a circa '94/5 Curley Hallman era LSU fan and strong-armed Aaron Brooks era 'Aints fan circa '00 I really don't have a lot of respect for we're gonna win it all this year Washington fans even if I've stopped hating the teams on their and the local medias account.  Heck I even have an Ovechkin tee in Russsian somewhere and numerous Redskins jerseys. smiley It didn't help that the only hockey game I've ever gone to was Washington and Pittsburgh trying to lose so they could improve their draft position prior to a certain 'lock-out' year that resulted in Ovie being drafted by Washington and Crosby being taken the next year by Pittsburgh Washingtons erstwhile nemesis since until this week.  I did get to see a ref get his ear sliced that game by a skate and some old guy in the stands get nerfed by a puck. smiley

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
5/8/18 10:56 p.m.
Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
5/10/18 9:37 p.m.

Go Jets Go!! 

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
5/10/18 9:39 p.m.
Mazdax605 said:

Go Jets Go!! 

I would be the first person to say that the Jets were going to lose this game but WOW, they surprised me and a lot of other people. Next up: Vegas!

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
5/13/18 6:27 a.m.

Jets seem to be surprising everyone this year. I definitely didn't realize they were this good. But truthfully I don't pay a lot of attention to the western conference. I do hope they beat Vegas. If the caps can get past Tampa id rather play the Jets in the finals. 

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk PowerDork
5/13/18 7:51 a.m.

The last Canadian team to win the Cup was the 1993 Canadiens, so it's well past time for the Cup to return to its rightful home. 

Go! Jets! Go!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
5/13/18 10:30 p.m.

Caps got it done tonight, now 7-1 on the road in this year's playoffs.  Going home up 2-0, can't wait to see what both teams bring to Game 3.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
5/14/18 6:38 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

Caps got it done tonight, now 7-1 on the road in this year's playoffs.  Going home up 2-0, can't wait to see what both teams bring to Game 3.

After game one with the Pens, I really thought their season was done.  Quite the re-awakening.  

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
5/14/18 9:22 a.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

in years past, it seems like the Caps would be content with playing to protect a 2-goal lead, and they'd end up losing.  against TB they really look like they want to score.   wll be interesting to see how TB adjusts.   they've given away several 2 on 1's and the Caps have been finding the back of the net.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
5/14/18 9:42 a.m.

I really think a lot of it is the momentum from finally beating the pens, whether they want to admit that or not. Hopefully it keeps up  

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
5/20/18 5:02 p.m.

So Vegas makes it to the Stanley Cup final in their first season.  Stunning.

And tomorrow we get to see if the 2-0 lead going to a 3-2 deficit is going to end for the Caps or is Tampa going to the Cup final again?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
5/20/18 6:42 p.m.
DeadSkunk said:

The last Canadian team to win the Cup was the 1993 Canadiens, so it's well past time for the Cup to return to its rightful home. 

Go! Jets! Go!

I saw a player list comparing Winnipeg to Vegas, and Vegas had more Canadian players, if that helps.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
5/20/18 7:44 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

Yea caps are one loss away from me cheering for Vegas to win the cup. Obviously if they come back and beat Tampa then go caps but they have looked soda in the sun for 3 days levels of flat out there.

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
5/20/18 8:07 p.m.

My original prediction was that Bettman was going to want vegas vs pittsburgh in the finals with the pens getting a threepeat and then vegas being set up to win next year.

Apparently I was slightly off. It's probably going to be tampa since the last 10+ years of watching the caps tells me when they start to do this E36 M3 they're done.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
5/23/18 9:54 p.m.

Hard to believe but the CAPS are going to play for the cup!!! WOW!! Been a long time coming .

Paul

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
5/23/18 9:56 p.m.

Holy berkeleying E36 M3. Caps are going to the finals. Probably woke half the county freaking out like a 12 year old girl. 

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
5/23/18 10:31 p.m.

hot damn

First thing I did  was look at ticket prices. Cheapest is 785 for ticket up in the nosebleeds.

I cry.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
5/24/18 2:14 p.m.

In reply to Grizz :

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
6/3/18 3:15 p.m.

Go Caps Go!!!! 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
6/3/18 3:25 p.m.
Mazdax605 said:

Go Caps Go!!!! 

Hells yes!

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
6/3/18 7:01 p.m.

Well the CAPS are up 2/1 over Vegas, anyone think they can take the next two games in a row? Or are we going the full seven?

Paul

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
6/3/18 7:50 p.m.
Donebrokeit said:

Well the CAPS are up 2/1 over Vegas, anyone think they can take the next two games in a row? Or are we going the full seven?

Paul

I'd say it's going at least 6. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
6/3/18 8:33 p.m.

AngryCorvair says Caps in 6, for Cup presentation in DC.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
6/3/18 9:13 p.m.

One way or another it's only going to take 6.   

Go Knights!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GiOSjiyauT6P0KtZK6TuCMsutB9wQsT6P4nbtfS6vl4WokkHNdvUtJBNkqb1WQwt