1 2
carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
12/15/10 10:39 p.m.

Oh great and wonderful GRM Gods please help me.

I have been looking for some sleepwear for my wife for Christmas and I have been striking out. Tell me where to shop.

I want something that looks totally appropriate at first glance but at second glance isn't.

I've tried Victoria's Secret and they are big on Baby Dolls, but that's not what I want.

Fredericks of Hollywood is fine if you want trashy, or at least that's all I've been able to find this year.

I've tried the Department stores and they are frumpy except in their Bridal Departments and then we're back to Fredericks.

Needless Markup (Neiman's) was the closest I found and they had some stretchy material nightie that was more see thru than you thought, but at $149 I think I'll pass.

I'm thinking something with sheer panels in all the right (wrong) places maybe.

When you're not being manly and wrenching on cars where do you go to get in touch with your feminine side?

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver Dork
12/15/10 10:54 p.m.
oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
12/15/10 10:56 p.m.

Men's Department..............

Oversized man's silk dress shirt, tailoring is optional:

Shim
Shim SuperDork
12/16/10 6:06 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
12/16/10 6:08 a.m.

Most high end women's stores have whole departments of that. Nice Camisoll (sp?) and matching something on the bottom like shorts or sheer long pants?

Go to a Women's store, the clerks are very helpful and impressed that you are man enough to walk into the store which breeds more help.

Seems like and awful lot of money though for something that's gonna be wound up around her head.

Dan

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
12/16/10 6:29 a.m.
914Driver wrote: Most high end women's stores have whole departments of that. Nice Camisoll (sp?) and matching something on the bottom like shorts or sheer long pants? Go to a Women's store, the clerks are very helpful and impressed that you are man enough to walk into the store which breeds more help. Seems like and awful lot of money though for something that's gonna be wound up around her head. Dan

Yep-walk into a store, ask for help. When the nice sales lady hands you something, throw it on the floor and see if you like how it looks.

FlightService
FlightService Reader
12/16/10 6:43 a.m.

Kohl's carries Vera Wang's line. My wife loved her set.

Drewsifer
Drewsifer HalfDork
12/16/10 6:49 a.m.

Pajamagram.com

Be warned though, you will get emails and regular mail for the rest of time from them. But they have good stuff!

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 HalfDork
12/16/10 6:59 a.m.
carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
12/16/10 8:04 a.m.

I've been to the women's stores, Kohls and the usual places. A baby doll must be considered the height of PC sexy cause that's all I can find. I like baby doll's in the summer, but it's not what I had in mind.

We live countryish. We don't have curtains on the windows so I want something I can get her to wear more often without worrying about the people passing by on the road or the neighbors. The neighbors aren't city close, but eyeball distance close.

If it's as mimimal as the tops on the harem pants then it's not going to be worn until warmer weather heads our direction again.

Real Mini Driver how'd you do that? I'd love to be able to send a link like that sometimes.

SillyImportRacer
SillyImportRacer Reader
12/16/10 11:22 a.m.
Drewsifer wrote: Pajamagram.com Be warned though, you will get emails and regular mail for the rest of time from them. But they have good stuff!

This is my plan.

Woody
Woody SuperDork
12/16/10 11:32 a.m.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette HalfDork
12/16/10 11:37 a.m.

http://www.jcpenney.com/products/Cg12292.jsp

Put a bottle of hooch and chocolates in the box also

Sonic
Sonic Dork
12/16/10 11:41 a.m.

So, you want to be able to see your wife's ladybits, but she doesn't want the neighbors to see through the window?

May i suggest some curtains/blinds/drapes? Then it no longer matters what she wears, and everyone gets what they want!

Duke
Duke SuperDork
12/16/10 12:01 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: We don't have curtains on the windows so I want something I can get her to wear more often without worrying about the people passing by on the road or the neighbors.

I respectfully submit you're shopping in the wrong department.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x SuperDork
12/16/10 12:47 p.m.

I can't make one suggestion without pics. I'm a homosexual on the internet so it's cool.

If I were going to shoot blind. I'd suggest some sort of camisole top and pj bottoms. That or boy shorts.

Like this chick but less NJ influenced.

Am I being trolled into exposing my fem side?!

mtn
mtn SuperDork
12/16/10 2:39 p.m.
Sonic wrote: May i suggest some curtains/blinds/drapes?

Makes the most sense to me... Then you can get something as skimpy/whatever as you/she want.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo SuperDork
12/16/10 2:45 p.m.

I suggest some good quality curtains and turning up the heat in the house. Then, get her some really sexy socks.

Toyman01
Toyman01 SuperDork
12/16/10 3:02 p.m.

This in the appropriate size.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
12/16/10 4:07 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: This in the appropriate size.

... and ice cubes in your mouth.

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
12/16/10 4:16 p.m.

La Senza! All women love their stuff, it's sexy but not sleazy.

alex
alex SuperDork
12/16/10 4:27 p.m.

Lesley reminds me: I brought my girl a couple things that she loved from Intimissimi when I was in Barcelona a couple years back - asking for things and explaining sizes in my best (terrible) Spanish. Sometimes it's fun to embrace the awkward. I sort of felt like Hugh Grant, all flustered and stammering.

Anyway, I've recently seen their line in a couple VS stores, tucked away in a corner of its own. Their stuff is quite different (classier) than the usual VS fare, so it might be worth popping in to check it out.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver Dork
12/16/10 7:06 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: Real Mini Driver how'd you do that? I'd love to be able to send a link like that sometimes.

Go to http://lmgtfy.com/, type something in, hit [enter], C&P the link it creates.

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
12/16/10 7:19 p.m.

I always like the look that Sienna Miller had in Layer Cake. Of course, that was La Perla, so you are looking at a few hundred dollars to reproduce that exact look.

in case you need visual aides...

mtn
mtn SuperDork
12/16/10 11:41 p.m.
RealMiniDriver wrote:
carguy123 wrote: Real Mini Driver how'd you do that? I'd love to be able to send a link like that sometimes.
Click Here

Fixed that for you

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5Rc4ecOuP4SCZtCZ7b1TefYnYhmoJ8kcD85mgK8QRzBB2mlqf2rXW67cjLQDsMD9