3 4 5 6
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) MegaDork
4/21/20 9:54 p.m.

I got the dresser I've been working on stripped and sanded well enough to put a first coat of stain on it. It looks *much* better than it did when I got it.

The final finishing sanding and work will progress shortly. I'm taking a bit of a break from that project to tackle a few others. Pictures to follow.

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) MegaDork
4/23/20 5:54 p.m.

Still haven't done the final sanding and I've not put any wax or poly on them yet. The green and white blob just above the Shop-vac in the first picture is what it looked like when I started. I'm thinking broze hardware for it.

sobe_death
sobe_death Dork
4/23/20 8:25 p.m.

Built a subwoofer enclosure for the CR-V. Also got a dual use as one side of the upcoming sleeping platform build.  Measured with water, I got it to within .004 cubic feet of the calculated volume cool

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/23/20 9:54 p.m.

Nice work!

dculberson (Forum Supporter)
dculberson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/23/20 10:09 p.m.

Finally built the poe adapter setup for our baby monitor camera so it won't be plugged into an ugly extension cord any more. 

wawazat
wawazat Dork
4/23/20 10:19 p.m.
sobe_death said:

Built a subwoofer enclosure for the CR-V. Also got a dual use as one side of the upcoming sleeping platform build.  Measured with water, I got it to within .004 cubic feet of the calculated volume cool

Very nice!

Powar (Forum Supporter)
Powar (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/24/20 9:35 a.m.

Dropped the tank and replaced the split fuel hose that was causing low fuel pressure @ the TBI unit on my Fleetwood Brougham. Perfect pressure now and no more bog. Now I just need to solve the (new) ignition misfire and replace the turn signal stalk that came apart in my hand on the test drive.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
4/25/20 5:56 p.m.

I built the nephew a golf thing (black edge) when he was eight years old. He chips and shoots every night before bed.  

He is 16 now and on the golf team so I made him a second one today to chip from.  

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
4/25/20 5:59 p.m.

After I spent $15 plus tax minus save 11% at Menards for some carpet and wood I'm driving out of the parking lot and see this - a goldmine of golf ⛳️ I can set him up with but I had to get back to work.  $60 will cover his backyard. 

nocones
nocones UltraDork
4/26/20 1:31 p.m.

My wife and a friend usually do 1-2 running events a month.  She has had 5 events cancelled so far including her big one.  She ran a 1/2 Marathon yesterday aeound town and her friend made a socially distant aid station at her house which was half way.   Her friend ran a 10K this morning.  So I made simple medals for them.  Used a scrap log, engraved with a Dremel, bent a nail for a hook, and polyurethaned them.  We don't have any ribbon at home but my kids have 11M of those little rubber bands for crafting so I made the lanyard out of rubber bands.  They both enjoyed them.  

nocones
nocones UltraDork
4/26/20 1:36 p.m.

Apparently it's woodworking time because my son wanted a small table to sort rocks in his room.  Of course being quarantine time nothing is simple so we way overdid the details on this one. 

Tools used, router, sander, tablesaw, chopsaw, drill press, M18 drill, M18 impact driver, 2 coats of poly, glued joints, countersunk fasteners, cantilever legs...

Not a bad 2.5 hour project start to finish with the boy.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/30/20 5:36 p.m.

I finished phase 1 of my home recording studio.  Phase 1 was getting it functional.  Phase 2 will be adding walls and sound deadening.  I got it ready just in time for a 7pm zoom meeting where 20-some of us are reading King Lear.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
5/4/20 11:56 a.m.

Currently building a real workbench for one of the garages here. Drill battery keeps dying trying to drive 3" deck screws in. :shrug:

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
5/4/20 12:05 p.m.

Rehabbed a swing set for the herd.  $150 in treated lumber and stain later they are happy campers.

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/4/20 3:29 p.m.

Cross posting here because this is the thread I thought I was posting in originally, but I couldn't find it so I thought I was losing my mind.

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) said:

I took this chair apart ~2 years ago to replace the upholstery, and discovered that the frame was (very) broken. I had to rebuild and brace the back section, which I actually finished about a year ago but never got around to doing the actual upholstery part. I guess working in the basement with all of its forlorn parts got me motivated.

It's not perfect but I'm pretty happy with it as a first project. I had to fight my sewing machine the whole time, which did not make things easier.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
5/4/20 4:39 p.m.

Had a quick project yesterday: replacing the screen in my old Sony PSP.

The original screen failed, displaying weird lines down the screen. I ordered a new screen and popped it in. As you can see, it works great now!

No lines!

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) UltraDork
5/4/20 5:11 p.m.

Grind station.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
5/4/20 5:23 p.m.
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) said:

Grind station.

Nice - so you can just roll it to wherever you are working!

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) UltraDork
5/4/20 5:38 p.m.

In reply to 84FSP :

Yep. My shop is tiny, and has a pole dead center. Everything has to be able to get through a 30" wide door to the basement.

STM317
STM317 UltraDork
5/5/20 5:39 a.m.

Tried to take advantage of some nice weather and get some work done on the outside of the shop. Needed a barrier to keep dirt from splashing up on the building, keep weeds down, and eliminate the chance of mower strikes.

Enter metal edging, landscape fabric and 4-5 tons of rock:

dculberson (Forum Supporter)
dculberson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/5/20 5:55 a.m.

In reply to STM317 :

That looks fantastic!

wawazat
wawazat Dork
5/5/20 6:27 a.m.

Agreed.  Very nice STM317!

JesseWolfe
JesseWolfe Reader
5/5/20 8:25 a.m.

Got my son's new room finished.  Vinyl plank flooring, bead board paneling, fun LED lights on sturdy AF bookshelves a teenager can abuse, wall mount TV etc.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
5/5/20 8:36 a.m.

Finally installing the 1.8 liter Torsen II differential in my 1.6 liter powered Exocet, in prep for later adding a (likely) FM turbo kit.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
5/5/20 3:33 p.m.
Ranger50 said:

Currently building a real workbench for one of the garages here. Drill battery keeps dying trying to drive 3" deck screws in. :shrug:

And finally all done! And when you add 3/4" ply as a top, it's heavy as E36 M3! But I swear if I could get a car on it, it will take it and some more. Top is glued and screwed down with the storage shelf underneath is just screwed down.

3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kufM5kSPpk07qzYvqEGRAYp5lcHG6PkFU3SwyGYXxOr0NunAFkCGo29FH9p9D31l