KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
9/17/18 5:18 p.m.

So TigerMom got me a pair of old prints the other day at a yard sale.  Neat old cars but they are 50 years old and the frames are kind of dated.  Figured I would take them apart.  Sand the profile off the face of the frame and paint them black, just something cheap and easy to update the look.  But when I took them apart I found the image of the print had transferred onto the glass.

So now what do I do with the glass?  It’s cooler in it’s way that the actual pictures but displaying or photographing it is problematic.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/17/18 5:33 p.m.

Black velvet backing. Its the best way I can think to make the transfer to pop. Then put it back into the frame.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
9/18/18 7:47 a.m.

I've never been a fan of resto-mods.  I'd leave it as it was.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/18/18 7:51 a.m.

If you want to know the truth, I think I had those same prints on my bedroom wall when I was a kid 50 years ago.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
9/18/18 2:55 p.m.
Duke said:

If you want to know the truth, I think I had those same prints on my bedroom wall when I was a kid 50 years ago.

We/I definitely had them, but my parents owned a gallery/frame shop, so probably not much of a surprise. 

stafford1500
stafford1500 HalfDork
9/18/18 4:16 p.m.

Mount a mirror behind the "tinted glass" in the old frames. Get new glass for the prints and some frames that suit you better.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VzVdpzjuqMgeCa4BzBlF85oqCVp4UNahER2w3HkD14OjV6wgtgbVwoXJ61YqDOdd