1 2 3
wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
3/7/21 7:06 p.m.

Lets see if the fifth time is the charm. Another 350 miles in the car round drip to look at this. Price has been settled. Check is in the safe and the Flex is all fueled up. Leaving at 6:30 am again. Into the we go. Lets see how this one can go wrong. Want a coupe this time and well this one fits the bill. Needs some very basic maintaince but numbers matching and low mile. 

Its a dealer and its a little funky in the front end but I am going to do the grand sport lights anyway and I have a set of front bumpers to buy from a friend for a song. Not looking for a top flight car just something I can use more then the thunderbird. I wish it was a 65 for the better brakes but I can fix that and at the price I paid its not terrible to do so. Only 8000 coupes made this year and most of them are rotten and gone or fully restored. 

Its supposed to be a power steering. power brake, positraction car with the middle motor. Numbers are supposed to match. WIll report back around 11:00 am tomorrow when I get there. Lets see how bad this one is. 

Jesse Ransom (FFS)
Jesse Ransom (FFS) UltimaDork
3/7/21 7:35 p.m.

Good luck!

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/7/21 7:44 p.m.

Good luck! Nice looking car. 

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
3/7/21 8:30 p.m.

My second car was a '64 Corvette.. I think you'll like it.

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
3/7/21 8:38 p.m.

Wow, good luck.  By middle engine I’m assuming that’s bigger than a 327?  Best looking version of the Corvette in my opinion. 

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
3/7/21 8:42 p.m.

Oh you picked it up! 

Its beautiful! 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
3/7/21 9:39 p.m.

Those wheels gotta go, but the car looks good.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
3/7/21 9:42 p.m.

1964 coupes are my favorite Corvettes. I like the combination of the big rear window and the front fender scallops. I think the scallops are much better looking than the fender vents on the '65. Disc brake conversions are easy.

Enjoy your car...it's a beauty.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
3/7/21 10:49 p.m.
yupididit said:

Oh you picked it up! 

Its beautiful! 

Driving out tomorrow. Lets see if it matches the ad. The seller is a dealer who flips corvettes and has a very good rep so lets hope it goes through. Hopping on the road a 5:30 hope to be there at 9:00 and then do the inspection and test drive and throw it on the truck and take it home 

Yes the wheels do need to go but I think they would look cool with spinners or on torque thrusts. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UberDork
3/7/21 10:54 p.m.

Torque thrusts! 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/7/21 11:02 p.m.

Mini-lites.

Halibrands for the Grand Sport vibe.

Or if you had balls, Astro Supremes and screw with everyone 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
3/7/21 11:45 p.m.

Got a video of the engine running. No power brakes that I can see but there is a monster expensive kit that looks exactly the same. Not a killer the drums don't take much pressure. Does look like it is still single circuit so that casualty has to go. If it has power steering its electric conversion again it looks like its electric but cannot tell.  So going to knock them around on price over both. If it does not have posi like it is supposed to then yeah its not getting bought. But the 4 speed option almost never ever was ordered without it. 

Brakes are cheap like 70$ for the duel that I need and a bit more for some line. 

I hate having to do detectives work but the car just showed up to them and they really under priced it and took another 4K off the top from that as they have not even cleaned it yet. So its a gamble but its a cheap gamble for a coupe. Not another one in the same cosmetic shape that I can find under 60K

Definitely has Kook headers and a non standard carb and intake. Same with valve covers, same with ignition.

Wire wheels have surprising value so selling those and doings some real simple things to make it a little more vintage. Starting to look through my stash of chevy parts to see if I still have a blower and a few other things. This is not going to be a numbers matcher its going to be a driver. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/8/21 12:10 a.m.
wearymicrobe said:

Starting to look through my stash of chevy parts to see if I still have a blower...

Uh, seriously? Because awesome if yes.

Oh my. Subbed!

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UberDork
3/8/21 7:33 a.m.

I'm happy to see you plan to drive it instead of making it a show car. 

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
3/8/21 8:21 a.m.
wearymicrobe said:
yupididit said:

Oh you picked it up! 

Its beautiful! 

Driving out tomorrow. Lets see if it matches the ad. The seller is a dealer who flips corvettes and has a very good rep so lets hope it goes through. Hopping on the road a 5:30 hope to be there at 9:00 and then do the inspection and test drive and throw it on the truck and take it home 

Yes the wheels do need to go but I think they would look cool with spinners or on torque thrusts. 

Safe travels and good look. I look forward to this! 

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
3/8/21 8:36 a.m.

Nice - love a classic like that getting a good home.  I love the idea of a 9/10 car that I can actually drive without feeling like I am depreciating it or it will cry when it gets a scratch.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/8/21 9:04 a.m.

I love the look of that car, a customer at a shop I worked at had a 64 roadster. Customized in the 70s with the flared arches like that, extra tail lights, and a big block hood.  He loaned it to me for my high school prom instead of a limo. We never made it there, my date canceled a few days before because her dad was sick so a friend and I took the Vette to Philly for a cheesesteak.  

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
3/8/21 12:09 p.m.

It is so much better then the photos. So I bought it. Getting loaded up as we speak.  

needs a door striker adjustment and a seat is busted but it was a full of 70s style build so some weird stuff like a leather pleated roof. 

photos soon. 

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/8/21 12:14 p.m.

Damn skippy! All the photos!!!!!

Excited for you 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
3/8/21 12:18 p.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

This is good news.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
3/8/21 12:22 p.m.

Glad this one worked out better than the Hot Rod  , 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
3/8/21 12:23 p.m.

Awesome!!! C2s were the most enjoyable of the Corvettes I've driven. It looks like a fun purchase. 

thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter)
thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
3/8/21 12:27 p.m.

It's always a nice surprise seeing a new car thread from wearymicrobe. They're always full of cool stuff. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
3/8/21 12:30 p.m.

If you're looking for wheel opinions I'd go with Halibrand knockoffs.  Knockoffs >than lug nuts on pretty much everything 1960s 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
p4B8Gf2DRz37Ht4H51DXyVI4AJ9cmouRvY4zlQeeXXauUFyevtWR8DFapsNSwFkf