1 2 3
carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
8/1/12 4:54 p.m.

As you know from another thread, today was national go eat at Chick-fil-a day to protest the treatment & publicity they'd gotten from a couple of cities.

I got to circle Dallas, Fort Worth area today and every CFA I passed was absolutely mobbed! There were areas that had drive thru lines that were over 1/4 mile long and others that had literally hundreds of people waiting to get in. Whole shopping center parking lots were jammed. It looked like scenes from those end of the world movies where people are mobbing grocery stores to get the last food available.

The last store I passed by was about 4:30 and there was still no sign of it letting up.

On a couple of the radio stations I was listening to today they had callers call in to ask what was going on at CFA and they also did a few interviews. It seems that most of the people they talked to didn't have a preference one way or another about the gay marriage stance, the protest was all about the injustice.

Home Depot and JC Penny's has taken the opposite stance and neither one of them has gotten flack for it so it seems that maybe the Christians are more tolerant than the gay/lesbians.

So it looks like the negative publicity backfired.

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
8/1/12 5:01 p.m.

I have nothing to add... I'll just...

(really just been looking for a reason to use this gif. LOL)

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
8/1/12 5:02 p.m.

Good, glad to hear it.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe HalfDork
8/1/12 6:05 p.m.

The CFA near me is doing a free chicken sandwich lunch day. Might be something like that.

integraguy
integraguy UltraDork
8/1/12 6:29 p.m.

When I saw the stories about this on the nightly news, I wondered if there was any free food involved....and I still don't know. As my own little (VERY little?) anti-protest, protest, I went to all the OTHER NON CFA fast food "restaurants" for every meal today (a first for me, when I'm not travelling, that is).

Both ABC and CBS mentioned that the "demonstrations" were "organized" by Mike Huckabee...probably why I hadn't heard about them.

Thanks to the SC declaring corporations are now the same as people, I think we will see more big companies "trumpetting" their Christian beliefs.

What I want to know is: does CFA discriminate in their hiring when it comes to folks who live with their "significant other" without benefit of marriage?

Discriminate all you want against the LGBT community, but don't stop there, discriminate against adulterers, too.

nicksta43
nicksta43 HalfDork
8/1/12 6:35 p.m.

In reply to integraguy:

OOH, your good. I almost.. Almost got sucked in by that

bludroptop
bludroptop SuperDork
8/1/12 7:11 p.m.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid SuperDork
8/1/12 8:19 p.m.

Honestly I could give a E36 M3 less.

I believe what I believe and that's all that matters.

I am tired of hearing about it. The Homophobic FB trolls have been on parade for the last 24 hours, but the LGBT supporters haven't been much better.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
8/1/12 8:27 p.m.

Nobody gives a berkeley.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
8/1/12 8:32 p.m.

I am staying out of this one cause my mother said if you can't say anything nice...

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
8/1/12 8:43 p.m.

Corporations are people now. Shouldn't we sympathize when they get berkeleyed by the government?

If I met a Chic Filet in a bar and she told me that sob story I'd try to get her drunk and take advantage.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
8/1/12 8:51 p.m.

ate CFL for brakefast and dinner... was in line for over an hr for dinner... and honestly enjoyed it... the people in line where pleasant and courteous and the staff was awesome...

made the local (Houston) news also... the news interviewed some of the protesters... as the owner brought out cold bottled water and gave it to the protesters....

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Dork
8/1/12 8:58 p.m.

I wish I knew about this.....I stopped reading the CFA thread at page 4. I did enjoy a nice CFA sandwich on Saturday afternoon though.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/1/12 9:02 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: Nobody gives a berkeley.

I understand that you may not, but it looks to me like your statement is patently incorrect.

A lot of people on both sides seem to give a berkeley.

Local CFA had a 2 hour wait at the window all day, 3 hours if you called it in. People stood in line all day. They seemed to enjoy it.

Local owner says he's gonna give away free chicken on Friday to any same sex couples that show up for a kiss-in.

Yeah, that looks like a backfire to me too.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade SuperDork
8/1/12 9:56 p.m.

I'll bet Sonic is about ready to support Traditional Marriage as well.

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
8/1/12 10:11 p.m.

I didn't go to CFA today, they were so frickin' busy I couldn't have even if I'd have wanted to as I didn't have the time, but I thought it was cool to watch happen.

I heard on the news that many stores closed by 7:00 as they were completely out of food. I'm betting this will be the biggest day in CFA history.

But I also heard on the news about a number of other companies that have had the other side stance for quite some time now and it amazes me that CFA is the only one that has taken any heat.

For free food, I'd go on Friday.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
8/1/12 10:17 p.m.

In two weeks, no one will care. I'm disappointed in Huckabee, 90 some odd days before the election. Is this really an effective use of time and influence?

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
8/1/12 10:34 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: In two weeks, no one will care. I'm disappointed in Huckabee, 90 some odd days before the election. Is this really an effective use of time and influence?

Agreed!

yamaha
yamaha Reader
8/2/12 12:46 a.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: Nobody gives a berkeley.

The majority of people really don't give a berkley. This is a case of either sides inability to see the others stance because their stance doesn't allow it. Both sides are guilty of this here, that is all.....my advice, deal with it.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 UltraDork
8/2/12 1:12 a.m.

Sigh.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
8/2/12 5:59 a.m.
nicksta43 wrote: In reply to integraguy: OOH, your good. I almost.. Almost got sucked in by that

Me too. Then I realized there was so little sense in that statement that it wasn't worth trying to explain.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
8/2/12 6:02 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: In two weeks, no one will care. I'm disappointed in Huckabee, 90 some odd days before the election. Is this really an effective use of time and influence?

Maybe you feel that way because your view of marriage isn't as important to you as it is to some of us. I wouldn't be surprised if Huckabee would say that it's more important than any political matter, and I agree.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
8/2/12 6:13 a.m.

A couple things I've noticed in the past few days:

1. People seem to get confused between a person stating support for the biblical definition of marriage and hating homosexuals. One doesn't mean the other.
  2. Last time I checked, this was a free country, and free speech is to be tolerated, even if you don't agree.
  3. The owner of CFA hurt no one. He stated his view on marriage, and because he believes in the Bible, his view is based on that. He nor CFA has DISCRIMINATED against anyone. He didn't say he wouldn't hire gays or sell to them. He just expressed his view on marriage, which shouldn't have surprised anyone.
  4. The same people who lash out at Wall Street and big business for being greedy and corrupt, are now lashing out at CFA for being honest and putting values and principles ahead of making money.
  5. The same people that preach tolerance and coexistance are the ones lashing out at CFA for allegedly not doing that. They are also the same ones that lash out at anyone that doesn't agree with them.
  6. For the past number of years respect for religions, religious values, family values and moral principles have been decreasing, and things have continually gotten worse in this country.
  7. On Friday, homosexual groups are planning on going to CFA's and making out. If I have a problem with them, this exemplifies it. Rebutting a day of support for a company with something this immature doesn't help the cause.
HappyAndy
HappyAndy Dork
8/2/12 6:43 a.m.
DoctorBlade wrote: I'll bet Sonic is about ready to support Traditional Marriage as well.

I wish they would support better hamburgers

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
8/2/12 7:02 a.m.
HappyAndy wrote:
DoctorBlade wrote: I'll bet Sonic is about ready to support Traditional Marriage as well.
I wish they would support better hamburgers

RONFLMAO

1 2 3

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
GUk0swtyYecHTRLwxSkuPOu4A2rTFJuivuhtOM6OfWDdPQPq4ma7iUPm9ewPjRJx