Attu01
Attu01 None
2/14/09 3:05 p.m.

The speaker of the house, here on Oregon, has introduced this house bill 2186. Please check the following.

"Authorizes Environmental Quality Commission to adopt rules to help state to achieve greenhouse gas emissions reduction goals. Specifies rules that commission may adopt. Declares emergency, effective on passage."

What is the Emergency? greenhouse gasses? OH Emergency as in the people don't need to be bothered to vote on this. Section 3 paragraph d.

"(d) Restrictions and prohibitions on the sale and distribution of after-market motor vehicle parts, including but not limited to tires, if alternatives are available that decrease greenhouse gas emissions from motor vehicles;"

"SECTION 4. This 2009 Act being necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health and safety, an emergency is declared to exist, and this 2009 Act takes effect on its passage."

So now we have to buy the tires with the least amount of grip. ( grip = friction, friction = more greenhouse gasses) Hey who needs to stop or turn?! I guess in an emergency I will just die, that will just help the greenhouse gasses wont it, if we all die? Also the cheap parts that we all buy because we can't afford to go to the dealer, will they be going away? So much for supporting local business, and local jobs. We all will have to buy from the internet or go out of state.

What a way to kill an industry!

link to HB 2186

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo SuperDork
2/14/09 7:54 p.m.

Yep, our local club members have discussed it and basically Kulongoski is an idiot for bringing it up.

If you want to complain:

Please e-mail a copy of your letter to stevem@sema.org.

Oregon House Environment and Water Committee

Representative Ben Cannon – Chair Phone: 503/986-1446 Email: rep.bencannon@state.or.us

Representative Jules Bailey Phone: 503/986-1442 Email: rep.juleskopelbailey@state.or.us

Representative Phil Barnhart Phone: 503/986-1411 Email: rep.philbarnhart@state.or.us

Representative Cliff Bentz Phone: 503/986-1460 Email: rep.cliffbentz@state.or.us

Representative Deborah Boone Phone: 503/986-1432 Email: rep.deborahboone@state.or.us

Representative Vic Gilliam Phone: 503/986-1418 Email: rep.vicgilliam@state.or.us

Representative Bob Jenson Phone: 503/986-1458 Email: rep.bobjenson@state.or.us

Representative Jefferson Smith Phone: 503/986-1447 Email: rep.jeffersonsmith@state.or.us

cubicleslave
cubicleslave
2/27/09 10:50 a.m.

The Oregon House representative who introduced the bill is David Hunt, representing the 40th district. He wrote the bill at the request of Gov. Kulongoski. The Gov. is on his second term, so he can't run for reelection. But David Hunt will be up for reelection in 2010. If you live in his district (Clackamas, Gladstone, Johnson City) be sure to vote for his main opponent! And if you don't live there, find out who his main opponent is, and make some big campaign contributions! Suggest this to everyone u know! Spam your friends and family! This is the ONLY thing that gets a politician's attention, threatening their reelection! Otherwise they could give a flying flip what you think...

Strizzo
Strizzo Dork
2/27/09 11:27 a.m.

what a bunch of morons. this is basically a bunch of political posturing anyways, but its re-god-dam-diculous

benzbaron
benzbaron Reader
2/27/09 4:15 p.m.

That sucks! They got rid of the 30 year smog exemption three years before my car was up. They made up for it by going from the idle test(easy pass) to the smog2 dyno test(car has to be tuned/retuned to pass). We had some idiot here threaten to kill the person who introduced the law, so that isn't a good move because politicians will not be intimidated.

If you can keep that nonsense in oregon, we here in california have enough rules to follow and all these damned environmentalists would probably love to do the same here.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
2/27/09 5:16 p.m.

Repost repost repost..

I think like the 3rd time..

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/oh-crap-outlawing-tires/7187/page1/

there is another post on here as well...

P71
P71 Dork
2/27/09 6:46 p.m.

This Bill is still freaking alive so repost away. Stupid idiotic politicians.

I want to show these morons the Top Gear video for "worst handling car" where the Pious goes straight off the track because of it's low rolling-resistance tires. Then tell them that was a family in a van off a cliff because they decided to make it illegal to own decent tires.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo SuperDork
2/28/09 12:31 p.m.

Yep, I've written a couple of times now. I'm going to start calling tomorrow.

The Comedy handling award would be a great clip to show these people. That and the episode where they test the Prius and discuss the worldwide impact in manufacturing their batteries.

Volksroddin
Volksroddin HalfDork
3/1/09 6:33 p.m.

would it help if out of state people complain as well??

P71
P71 Dork
3/1/09 8:44 p.m.

I dunno, but I wrote a few and I don't live there. I imagine my racing areas would be compromised by this nut-job stuff so it does matter to me.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dGXgJEfhTXjzlPPM2FIxVoINP7Lo8KzbAqw3a1BmC9wX8AnU4km2zeunQuH8Zksw