1 2 3 4
neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/28/09 4:14 p.m.

Outdoors type stuff, I'm looking at my first Kayak this spring. And camping is one of the reasons I'm looking at a mini van, aside from towing and off roading, it is more practicle than an suv

Shooting is fun, I mostly stick to my 10/22, but when the mood hits me I will pull out mossy 500, ithaca m49, or 8mm Mauser

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
1/28/09 4:22 p.m.

Nude chainsaw juggling, pimpin, strutting,

ok

biking, fishing, guitar, tennis, golf, pretty much anything outside, or involving internal combustion.

Go Fighting Illini! (class of 93)

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
1/28/09 4:24 p.m.

You forgot the hamster thing, Joe.

Volksroddin
Volksroddin HalfDork
1/28/09 4:25 p.m.

I love rc racing (kyosho mini z) music, movies video games and I never thought of it as a hobby but, drinking too.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
1/28/09 4:35 p.m.
eastsidemav wrote: I collect molds, spores, and fungus

You need to find a less sedentary hobby.

EricM
EricM HalfDork
1/28/09 4:40 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: Nude chainsaw juggling, pimpin, strutting, ok biking, fishing, guitar, tennis, golf, pretty much anything outside, or involving internal combustion. Go Fighting Illini! (class of 93)

English Rehtoric?

I am a data security analyst for the univeisty....

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Reader
1/28/09 5:17 p.m.
eastsidemav wrote: I collect molds, spores, and fungus

I've got just the project car for you! At a local garage there is a somewhat abandoned SAAB 900 convertable, its been sitting there for about a year, the back window is out and the inside had become a frog pond! there should be some grade A+ fungus and mold in there.

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin HalfDork
1/28/09 5:20 p.m.

Video games- FPSs, war games, racing, flight sims, J-RPGs, and 2D fighters.

Paintball- Woodsball, mil-sim, and scenario. My favorites are the scenario games with wacky themes, like The Goonies or Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Others- Playing pool, reading manga/watching anime. I was a model railroader when I was younger, but I have no space for a layout in my house.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
1/28/09 5:46 p.m.
ArtOfRuin wrote: Paintball- Woodsball, mil-sim, and scenario. My favorites are the scenario games with wacky themes, like The Goonies or Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Where abouts are you? Where do you normally go for scenario games and such? I have a bunch of friends who like to go to the Taw events, on the west coast.

Woody
Woody Dork
1/28/09 5:52 p.m.

I shoot as often as I can.

I kayak.

I run.

I play with old mini bikes.

I have a Curta.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Reader
1/28/09 5:59 p.m.

I guess my other "hobby" would be video games... I'm pretty hardcore. But thats only a slightly salty subsitute for cars, specifically racing. My life, work, school revolves around racing. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Luke
Luke Dork
1/28/09 6:00 p.m.

I keep tropical fish in aquariums, and I collect all sorts of retro crap - old car posters, zippo lighters and things like that.

I go fishing when I get the chance, and I've just bought an old Italian road bike to fix up.

Really, though, my main hobby is cars and (grassroots) motor sports.

Josh
Josh Reader
1/28/09 6:01 p.m.

Golf, skiing, motorcycles, just getting in to homebrewing. I sound kind of boring when I list it out like that.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
1/28/09 6:20 p.m.

Motocross (Kawi KX250F)

Fencing (foil and saber)

Parrots (3 Goffin's Cockatoos, 2 Eclectus. Wife and I are in charge of our local parrot club)

Been performing in improv and sketch group for, hmm... 12years now? Wow. Damn. Didn't realize I was that old.

I've been known to play some WoW.

I'd fit more in, but I have to sleep at some point.

jg

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/28/09 6:24 p.m.

Forgot to list my others, WoW and Bowling

MikeSVO
MikeSVO New Reader
1/28/09 6:41 p.m.

Cars dominate the brainwaves most of the time. Racing, fixing and selling, modding...anything.

Real estate investment is up there, too, which has a lot of other things that go with it: financial stuff, fixing up kitchens/baths, painting, blah, blah... I'm not too 'active' yet, but I do have a couple irons in the fire.

I've played guitar for a long time, and have played in bands here and there. Sort of a gear junkie, too.

I do higher-end A/V stuff for a living, but outside of work, I'm definately NOT an A/V geek. I don't even have a TV.

I have my diving certification, but haven't used it in way too long.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
1/28/09 6:44 p.m.

go to gym

work on house

masturbate a lot.

fly fish (when I am in mountains)

bike (not much any more)

hike/camp

masturbate more

edit:

ohh yeah forgot rock climbing.. I just started that and I'm scared out of my mind.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
1/28/09 7:50 p.m.

Skateboarding (bowl)--took a 15-year hiatus up until 3 years ago. Now I'm a better skater @ 36 than I was @ 16. Great cardio, too.

Mountainbiking (when I get the time)(which hasn't been for awhile). At some point I'll do a singlespeed project. Also thinking about throwing everything from my Decathlon (Euro Sporting Goods chain) road bike onto the frameset of my old '84 Trek 400. Oldschool/newschool FTW.

Music--I teach it, I listen to it voraciously and I used to play it voraciously (guitar). I'll be writing songs w/ an old college bandmate (who is moonlights from his high-falootin' day job as a singer-songwriter). Hopefully this is the year I start playing again.

Cooking--I have major chef envy and consider myself a damn good cook (others seem to be of this opinion, as well).

Learning about architecture. I'm a wannabe modernist. Modernist exterior and interior design fascinates me.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg Dork
1/28/09 8:00 p.m.

4 project cars don't leave a lot of spare time, especially with 6 work cars to keep running. I used to sail and miss it but the ocean is 800 miles away for now.

I like to do tactical shooting and challenge myself.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
1/28/09 8:22 p.m.
P71 wrote: Build 1/24-1/25 scale model cars.

I need to get back into this. I used to be pretty good. So many Aoshima, Fujimi and Tamiya kits that I'd love to tackle. Stupid lack of time...

derekshannon wrote:
gamby wrote: Skateboarding, Mountainbiking, Music, Cooking, Learning about architecture.
Wow! You're a pretty well rounded individual huh? Cool.

lol--thanks. I have a tendency to get into something and sink a TON of my attention/energy/resources into it. I guess I have a curious mind.

Josh
Josh Reader
1/28/09 9:02 p.m.
racinginc215 wrote: Homebrewing going for another gold at the WEB this year

Heh, I just figured out what your avatar picture is :).

@gamby:

I didn't count Cooking or Architecture, although I really enjoy both. I sort of considered cooking a life skill, like personal finance or yard maintenance, only a lot more fun. Of course, now that I am unemployed, I suppose architecture is, in fact, a hobby .

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin HalfDork
1/28/09 9:06 p.m.
Salanis wrote:
ArtOfRuin wrote: Paintball- Woodsball, mil-sim, and scenario. My favorites are the scenario games with wacky themes, like The Goonies or Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Where abouts are you? Where do you normally go for scenario games and such? I have a bunch of friends who like to go to the Taw events, on the west coast.

I live in Massachusetts. My friends and I mostly play renegade ball on some land one of them owns in Podunk, NH. When I do go to a field, it's either Canobie Field or OSG in NH (where they do games like The Goonies or GI Joe vs. Cobra).

The Monty Python one is held somewhere in Pennsylvania. I haven't been to that one, actually; I was throwing it out as an example. It sounds like fun, though: For example, you can "hire" The Knights Who Say "Ni," the French will rain deadly stuffed animals from atop the castle, and the finder of the Holy Grail wins a new paintball gun!

jgp1843
jgp1843 HalfDork
1/28/09 9:52 p.m.

Music: play soprano, tenor, alto sax in community concert band and a sax ensemble, jam with blues players when I can. Also play Native American flute, tin whistles and bodhran in Celtic jams when I can find any. Sing in county chorus.

Photography, mostly cars and scenics.

Writing - mostly cars (occasional articles for GRM and Classic, among others) and history of the American West. Some cowboy poetry.

Outdoor stuff: fishing, camping, 4WD trails (pretty ones,not extreme rock crawling).

Narrow gauge railroad history and preservation - check www.ridgwayrailroadmuseum.org .

P71
P71 Dork
1/28/09 10:11 p.m.
gamby wrote:
P71 wrote: Build 1/24-1/25 scale model cars.
I need to get back into this. I used to be pretty good. So many Aoshima, Fujimi and Tamiya kits that I'd love to tackle. Stupid lack of time...

It's so much fun! I built crappy ones when I was little and then suddenly I got good at it and won some contests and got printed. I took a break for awhile but picked it back up when I was in the military. Now I try to finish 4 a year. I've got 16 completed and on display here plus another 3 out there that I gave away as gifts. There's a few in the closet from when I was younger and 1 that got damaged beyond repair. I have about a zillion RX-7 models to build now!

jrw1621
jrw1621 Reader
1/28/09 11:13 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: I used to sail and miss it but the ocean is 800 miles away for now.

Aussie, The ocean may be 800 miles but The Great Lakes are only a couple of hours away from you. I crew on a Schock 35 out of Sandusky, Ohio You name it and we will get you out.

I have sailed oceans and for the past 4 years have had the luxury of sailing all 4 coasts of the US each year. The Great Lakes are as hard or harder.

Have you ever been to The Islands of Lake Erie?

To the other sailors, I am also on www.sailinganarchy.com under the same user name.

-John

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CDglpov3wiAv3I3JpRl9hCmTI3z7HODJuWojJAVmN1kSWIUnRe6ZTeAsQMsFqf42