1 2
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/1/18 10:26 a.m.

Around Halloween kids steal pumpkins and smash them in the road.  It's only a pumpkin.  My neighbor was tired of it so put pins through the Jack O' Lantern from the inside poking out.  Sat on the porch til Christmas, had a few blood drops but never moved.

Decoy box weighted with a brick and pins?

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
12/1/18 1:07 p.m.

I've never had package thieves here, but they just hit one of my shipments apparently. I had an eBay buyer say they never received their item, but FedEx shows it as delivered. There's nothing to do from here but place a claim and refund the buyer's money. I doubt FedEx will pay out. Well, it's only $30 but it sucks to put in work and pay for shipping and get nothing back.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
12/1/18 1:25 p.m.

Wyze cameras are $20 if you order from their website. Add a $10 microSD card and a $10 silicone boot mount for outdoors if you don't have a window to look through.  Hard to justify not having one at that price. 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Reader
12/1/18 1:47 p.m.
oldopelguy said:

Wyze cameras are $20 if you order from their website. Add a $10 microSD card and a $10 silicone boot mount for outdoors if you don't have a window to look through.  Hard to justify not having one at that price. 

How good is the picture from the Wyze cameras , 

From 20-30ft away can you recognize the thief  and good enough for the cops  to arrest him ?

Some of the cameras I have seen would show he was wearing a red hat and dark jacket but not enough detail to charge anyone in court , 

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
12/1/18 3:22 p.m.

In reply to californiamilleghia :

This is a what my back patio looks like right now, through a window with a screen on it:

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle SuperDork
12/1/18 6:13 p.m.

I’m a fan of Wyze cams also. But beware the night vision isn’t viable if you keep it inside a window looking out. Reflection blinds itself because obviously outside darkness makes the window into a mirror  

Oldopelguy: if you have one mounted outside, how long has it been there? For $20 I almost don’t care but I haven’t mounted one of mine outside yet. Curious if they can survive temperature and humidity extremes even if they’re protected by an overhang. 

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill PowerDork
12/2/18 3:08 a.m.
Ed Higginbotham said:

Do it.

Yes, but with a delay timer (so they can get to their car), and dog poop.

Lots of dog poop.

Fresh, wet, nasty, could slip through a tennis racket, dog poop.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aH90pybbuAgf4SS9g9oRNVP4D1ySRClrUegpOdh2lJ8NCN66T5WTKO1EF7g8GF0F