Crash Enburn
Crash Enburn New Reader
7/27/17 1:35 p.m.

Just saw that Pee-Wee Herman posted about #SpeedyCop's Trippy Tippy Hippie Van:

A sideways-driving VW camper van!!

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
7/27/17 3:53 p.m.

Man, that's awesome! I mean, the van is very cool, but Pee Wee posting about it is amazing.

java230
java230 SuperDork
7/27/17 4:18 p.m.

Built by the guys who do nutty 24 lemons cars. I remember the plane they built too.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
7/27/17 4:32 p.m.

Pee Wee Herman? Isn't he the same Pee Wee Herman that's urging people to unscrew their old incandescent light bulbs and swap them out for CFL's and LED's? I don't know. Sounds like some kind of perverted nutjob to me.

Robbie
Robbie UberDork
7/27/17 10:56 p.m.

I thought pee wee was dead or in jail.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
7/28/17 8:08 a.m.

Well his trip to jail did kinda kill his career.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/28/17 8:22 a.m.
1988RedT2 wrote: Pee Wee Herman? Isn't he the same Pee Wee Herman that's urging people to unscrew their old incandescent light bulbs and swap them out for CFL's and LED's? I don't know. Sounds like some kind of perverted nutjob to me.

Nah, that Bill Nye the non-science guy.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/28/17 8:22 a.m.

Pretty cool creation. Surprised they let a vehicle that routinely goes up on two wheels in the turns race though.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
7/28/17 12:23 p.m.

In reply to T.J.:

Well, if it's a left-hander, it'll probably end up on the wheels regardless. If it's a right-hander, just make sure to really overcook it - then you still have a 50/50 chance of ending up on the wheels.

failboat
failboat UberDork
7/28/17 9:22 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett:

Cant tip it over if its already tipped over.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
7/28/17 9:39 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote: Well his trip to jail did kinda kill his career.

Ehh, his arrest was in 1991, and yeah it killed his kid's show, but he's had a career since then. I imagine he's made more money than you or I in that time frame. Hell he probably made more money off of Blow than I've made in the subsequent 16 years.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
7/28/17 9:40 p.m.
T.J. wrote: Pretty cool creation. Surprised they let a vehicle that routinely goes up on two wheels in the turns race though.

Agreed; they're usually pretty strict about safety at Lemons. They'll flag you in for a minor 2-wheels-off incident that doesn't even raise eyebrows in other series. I'm surprised they didn't flag him in for that.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iBxYazwWR4hSXxswVAxNZLjZ9XYuOUR2bpteEE5GozWVz6na8EgaBtahFgREGlq0