Ultrageek
Ultrageek New Reader
7/18/11 2:06 p.m.

We attended the Columbus GOODGUYS Show and set up a couple booths. The blue was everywhere. Check out the pictures of the sick rides and girls and everything else ULTRAGLOSS AT GOODGUYS

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
7/18/11 2:42 p.m.

Were there any sick canoes there?

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
7/18/11 2:55 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: Were there any sick canoes there?

Maybe a semi "pass" on this one; no obvious advertising link and there are pics of cool cars. Heck, some of them are autocrossing, too.

The girl pics made flip-flops look sexy though.

EvanB
EvanB SuperDork
7/18/11 3:11 p.m.

I thought about going to the show but $18 admission plus more for parking quickly changed my mind.

Matt B
Matt B Dork
7/18/11 3:34 p.m.
oldsaw wrote: The girl pics made flip-flops look sexy though.

At first I thought your girl-flipflop comparision was derogatory in nature. Then I realized that the girls were, um . . . wearing flip flops.

Apparently, I need to lighten up.

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
7/18/11 3:47 p.m.

In reply to oldsaw:

not directly advertising, but they are driving people to their FB page, likely in hopes that people will "like" ultragloss

triumph5
triumph5 Dork
7/18/11 4:00 p.m.

I'd give them a pass on this. Only one pic do you see their entire sign, out of the 4 posted with a mention of their name partially seen. AND for the pic of the red, 1950s milk/dairy sliding- door delivery truck slammed to the ground. Even with the DQ logo, quite cool.

triumph5
triumph5 Dork
7/18/11 4:00 p.m.

I'd give them a pass on this. Only one pic do you see their entire sign, out of the 4 posted with a mention of their name partially seen. AND for the pic of the red, 1950s milk/dairy sliding- door delivery truck slammed to the ground. Even with the DQ logo, quite cool.

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
7/18/11 4:05 p.m.
Strizzo wrote: In reply to oldsaw: not directly advertising, but they are driving people to their FB page, likely in hopes that people will "like" ultragloss

What's an FB page?

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade HalfDork
7/18/11 4:07 p.m.

There's a couple of Caddy's in there that look real good.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
7/18/11 4:11 p.m.
oldsaw wrote: What's an FB page?

Facecrack gramps, get with the times ;)

Matt B wrote: At first I thought your girl-flipflop comparision was derogatory in nature.

It was derogatory in nature... to flips flops

Edit- Siiiiick, some chick has even got her plank on

ansonivan
ansonivan Dork
7/18/11 4:28 p.m.
EvanB wrote: I thought about going to the show but $18 admission plus more for parking quickly changed my mind.

Hit the Continent hotel parking lot during the evening, it's a condensed version of the show with all the best cars and none of the mid-day heat. Also, it's free.

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
7/18/11 4:54 p.m.
HiTempguy wrote:
oldsaw wrote: What's an FB page?
Facecrack gramps, get with the times ;)
Matt B wrote: At first I thought your girl-flipflop comparision was derogatory in nature.
It was derogatory in nature... to flips flops Edit- Siiiiick, some chick has even got her plank on

Meh, I actually do know what an FB page is; the same for planking, too.

Just had to provide some fodder so some young, punk Canadian could expose his cold-addled, under-applied, over-rated thought processes.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
7/18/11 4:57 p.m.
oldsaw wrote: Just had to provide some fodder so some young, punk Canadian could expose his cold-addled, under-applied, over-rated thought processes.

Excuse me, but I'd like to think my thought processes are HIGHLY over-rated.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit Dork
7/19/11 8:44 a.m.
ansonivan wrote:
EvanB wrote: I thought about going to the show but $18 admission plus more for parking quickly changed my mind.
Hit the Continent hotel parking lot during the evening, it's a condensed version of the show with all the best cars and none of the mid-day heat. Also, it's free.

Another good place is Crosswoods, at 270 and 23N. There are a bunch of hotels there and a lot of the guys cruze the road that makes a loop around the hotels. If you get there before the cops do you will get to see some burnouts, good free fun.

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
7/19/11 8:56 a.m.

This company is local to me. They have really fugly trucks with dubs and graphics all over them. I think everyone that works there parks one of these trucks or an equally decorated trailer in their driveway on a main road, probably for advertising. But I see these vehicles and say to myself "that's one place I'll never take a vehicle." - But that's just me.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
7/19/11 12:07 p.m.
HiTempguy said: Edit- Siiiiick, some chick has even got her plank on

Hey, Gramps here doesn't know what that means. I've used planking on a deck, I've planked a girl on a sailboat and my kitchen counter is made from a plank of oak, but I'm befuddled.

Again.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
7/19/11 1:01 p.m.
914Driver wrote: Hey, Gramps here doesn't know what that means. I've used planking on a deck, I've planked a girl on a sailboat and my kitchen counter is made from a plank of oak, but I'm befuddled. Again.

Planking is a new "pseudo" extreme sport, making fun of the lifestyle of actual extreme sports (or lameass extreme sports, like that thing that hipsters do called sport hawking or some lame crap). It requires lying your body perfectly flat on E36 M3, with your arms straight down your sides. It can be done anywhere, at anytime. The more extreeeeeeeeeeeeme the better (some guy climbed a 30 foot tall McD's sign for instance).

College humor has a really good video explaining it. I didn't realize I was as limp as a wet plank in this one (camera guys fault), but we fjorded a river of 0*C mountain water to get out to this island of rocks, so we had to do it:

Edit- And that is definitely not a can of Coors I just chugged on my head...

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
7/19/11 1:10 p.m.
HiTempguy wrote:

Cool pic. Just needs an Inuit weilding a club to be AWESOME.

Or, chicks in flip flops.

alfadriver
alfadriver SuperDork
7/19/11 1:11 p.m.
HiTempguy wrote: Planking is a new "pseudo" extreme sport, making fun of the lifestyle of actual extreme sports (or lameass extreme sports, like that thing that hipsters do called sport hawking or some lame crap). It requires lying your body perfectly flat on E36 M3, with your arms straight down your sides. It can be done anywhere, at anytime. The more extreeeeeeeeeeeeme the better (some guy climbed a 30 foot tall McD's sign for instance).

Wait, seeing how far you can spit phlem is an exteme sport???

eeeew.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
7/19/11 1:23 p.m.

I was reading over at Hemmings that was a problem with car thieves at Columbus. One of the guys commenting on this stolen Camaro said he'd heard 17 cars got ripped.

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2011/07/14/stolen-car-alert-1968-chevrolet-camaro/comment-page-1/#comments

And xWhatever on giving this guy a White-water rafting pass. There's a lot more pics of cool cars than there is of product in that album.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
7/19/11 5:02 p.m.
alfadriver wrote: Wait, seeing how far you can spit phlem is an exteme sport??? eeeew.

You know what the worst part about it is? It is worse than that I HATE hipsters

Ultrageek
Ultrageek New Reader
7/19/11 6:22 p.m.

In reply to bravenrace:

Sorry you feel that way. The company was voted "Best Detailing" on Fox 8's City Voter-- So not everyone feels that way. I was a customer before I worked there, I think they do solid work. They also service something like 300 of dealerships in the area... So chances are if you've had any paintwork done there, we've handled it. ...Or if you've bought any used cars from a dealership. Come on in sometime and I'll give you a discount, maybe we can change your mind.

Ultrageek
Ultrageek New Reader
7/19/11 6:24 p.m.

...You should've seen the price tags for the booths! Ha ha.. It was worth it though, the people that went down had a great time and good turn out... Lots of awesome cars. You could have probably got a free show just sitting outside the place.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OjgJpfTcwvIG5CBpJTlNZZO3RIbi9YMNTSE9HSCOaVbrBcKxZlnJmBVJRIF6TiIm