1 2 3 4
donalson
donalson SuperDork
7/28/09 1:41 p.m.

haha i'm a cyclist myself... always laugh when I read this stuff :)... or we talk about it up at the shop... i'll have to ask my shop buddy about his stories of this sort... we're in FL so there's tons of TRI guys around... not like it was in panama city (hosted an iron man over there)

Carson
Carson HalfDork
7/28/09 1:58 p.m.
Keith wrote: If you don't have to pee, you're not drinking enough.

Haha, I try to convince my customers if they have to pee they aren't riding hard enough. It's slightly selfish but I don't want to touch pee.

Carson
Carson Dork
7/28/09 2:07 p.m.

Great, I've entered into Dork-dom talking about other people's wee.

alfadriver
alfadriver HalfDork
7/28/09 2:10 p.m.
Carson wrote: Great, I've entered into Dork-dom talking about other people's wee.

Such an honor.

Are you a pee-dork now?

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
7/28/09 2:27 p.m.

We can make that happen.

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
7/28/09 2:41 p.m.

I would rather be a Q dork..

I ride a lot.. usually 100 miles aweek.. never felt the urge to pee while riding. I cannot imagine how hard that must actually be to do. Not only is your natural tendancy not to wet yourself, but you are busy pumping the pedals AND wearing lycra/spandex.

I had a hard enough time peeing in a wetsuit while just floating there

Keith
Keith SuperDork
7/28/09 3:22 p.m.

mad_machine, an Ironman tri covers 112 miles of riding, and you don't get a week to do it I reiterate, I've never peed while riding, but I can see how it might occur.

I really shouldn't be enjoying this conversation so much, but my inner 8-year-old is loving it.

The Brown Stig
The Brown Stig SuperDork
7/28/09 3:25 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: I would rather be a Q dork..

I am waiting to see "OMFG does this guy work? Dork" next to my name.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Dork
7/28/09 3:40 p.m.

You work?!

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
7/28/09 3:49 p.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: We can make that happen.

Can...must. Potato...potahto.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/28/09 4:07 p.m.

I'm guessing this isn't a problem with the BMX crowd.

DustoffDave
DustoffDave Reader
7/28/09 4:15 p.m.

^^ I think you would know immediately. "Why's that guy's top tube suddenly covered in mud?"

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
7/28/09 4:19 p.m.

I peed on the rear tire of my buddy's WRX just to mess with him. A couple of years later, I ended up buying it from him. I guess it really is a way to claim things. I now pee on the rear wheel of every GT3 I see, but none have landed in my driveway yet.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Dork
7/28/09 4:30 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: I peed on the rear tire of my buddy's WRX just to mess with him. A couple of years later, I ended up buying it from him. I guess it really is a way to claim things. I now pee on the rear wheel of every GT3 I see, but none have landed in my driveway yet.

Yeah, but do you do it while driving?

Ian F
Ian F HalfDork
7/28/09 4:43 p.m.

I've heard of road racers dropping their shorts and hanging their butts off the back of the saddle and laying loaf... not stopping... I want to believe it was just a story...

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Dork
7/28/09 5:03 p.m.

I imagine it has happened, but I've never heard of any cyclists dropping a deuce off the back.

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
7/28/09 5:05 p.m.

OK, I am going to chime in here. Surreal experience... I was in the Muskokas, on a Touareg TDi drive event, saw this biker guy bending down beside the road. Spandex gear, fancy bike, the whole deal. I thought his shorts were beige... he was actually doing a number 2, and pointing it at the road. Neither my co-driver, or I said anything for about a mile, when we both turned simultaneously saying "did you see that?"

Keith
Keith SuperDork
7/28/09 5:07 p.m.

I can see a technical problem with the solid waste disposal method. I think you may want to offset the, uhh, delivery to one side. Directly on to the rear wheel seems like a poor decision.

mel_horn
mel_horn HalfDork
7/28/09 5:21 p.m.

Well, now I don't feel so bad pooping at a (thankfully no spectator area) corner station during a hillclimb with NO break in the action...*

• "Two past Six..."
ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid HalfDork
7/28/09 5:26 p.m.

i think this tread takes the cake over even the most gross miata tread from a few years ago that the zine staff come up with.....

eeeeewwwwwwwwwwww................................................(full body shudder)

Carson
Carson Dork
7/28/09 5:46 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: I imagine it has happened, but I've never heard of any cyclists dropping a deuce off the back.

This touches on those stories I want not to mention to keep it PG. Ew.

Keep in mind also average Ironman times are in the 15 hour range. You're out there all day.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
7/28/09 5:49 p.m.
Carson wrote:
EastCoastMojo wrote: I imagine it has happened, but I've never heard of any cyclists dropping a deuce off the back.
This touches on those stories I want not to mention to keep it PG. Ew. Keep in mind also average Ironman times are in the 15 hour range. You're out there all day.

yeah I was about to mention... they poop in their suits.. seriously. I got a few friends who do Ironman's and ........ I just ran out of words.

InigoMontoya
InigoMontoya Reader
7/28/09 5:54 p.m.

and this is why you never buy bike shorts off of craigslist.

mel_horn
mel_horn HalfDork
7/28/09 6:13 p.m.

During the swimming stage...

Carson
Carson Dork
7/28/09 6:20 p.m.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ODdwSuZL1SS0Vq14PiYo4coSwHqxUzDiGtn63z2B65Lv8nzWCoiGMDSI92tkNpaw