barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
6/7/18 5:56 p.m.

Somebody should tell this guy what has been happening to C5 corvette prices lately. $31k ?!!? Seriously?

It has lambo doors tho.

And the engine covers have "been dipped in carbon fiber"

grossness

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/8/18 12:25 a.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

In the voice of Regular Car Reviews: Lots of winga-dinga here. WINGA-DINGA, WINGA-DINGA!

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap Reader
6/8/18 9:46 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to barefootskater :

In the voice of Regular Car Reviews: Lots of winga-dinga here. WINGA-DINGA, WINGA-DINGA!

Mr. Regular is so nice when he did my car! 

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
6/8/18 9:50 a.m.

What is it about Corvette's that seem to attract awful, gaudy, tacky stick on customization and bling at a higher rate than other cars?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/8/18 10:25 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson :

I'd like to think that it's mean age of Corvette buyers. That age is about 61. 

imgon
imgon Reader
6/8/18 11:41 a.m.

On top of being gawdy it is an automatic,  move the decimal point one place to the left and maybe we'll talk. Then there would be some money to fix it.

hobiercr
hobiercr SuperDork
6/14/18 12:02 p.m.

It's cool but is it $599,000 cool?

Your next G-Wagon

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) UltraDork
6/14/18 12:51 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr :

I don't know about being delusional, but that certainly is unique...

Mike
Mike SuperDork
6/14/18 1:13 p.m.
hobiercr said:

Your next G-Wagon

Lose a zero, and I'll start to come around. Honestly, lose two and I'm all there. That's probably the value to me, but I know it's nowhere near the cost to build. Maybe I'm not the target demo.

Edit: what does a new one from your dealer cost? ... MT did a review showing $525,000 estimated. Yeah... Nope.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
6/14/18 1:21 p.m.
Mike said:
hobiercr said:

Your next G-Wagon

Lose a zero, and I'll start to come around. Honestly, lose two and I'm all there. That's probably the value to me, but I know it's nowhere near the cost to build. Maybe I'm not the target demo.

This one also has six wheels and one and a half fewer zeros for a not-delusional price. And all six wheels are much bigger. Army truck on flotation tires

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
7/4/18 5:39 p.m.

What a wing-nut. I'd give him $8 for it and that'd just be to pay for his time signing over the title. no

It is a slick top which I am keeping track of prices for when I buy but $800 take a running jump pal. 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
7/5/18 8:17 a.m.
nutherjrfan said:

What a wing-nut. I'd give him $8 for it and that'd just be to pay for his time signing over the title. no

Great quote from the ad, too: "IT DOES DRIVE, just not legally."

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
7/5/18 8:34 a.m.
nutherjrfan said:

I often wonder about ads like that - why don't they at least take 60 seconds to empty out some of the trash in the car before taking photos.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle Dork
7/5/18 11:35 a.m.

Oh look, a well worn 2001 Escape.

With a Kenne Bell supercharger!

Not really delusional but totally unexpected.

https://lewiston.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-ford-escape-supercharged/6634960995.html

Ashyukun (Robert)
7/5/18 12:15 p.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

I'm kind of glad that's half the country away... though I don't think the Dancer would go for my replacing her ailing 2008 Mariner with a 2001 Escape, supercharger or no. laugh

STM317
STM317 SuperDork
7/5/18 12:49 p.m.

That Kenne Bell kit has to be worth at least $1k right?

slefain
slefain PowerDork
7/5/18 1:01 p.m.
STM317 said:

That Kenne Bell kit has to be worth at least $1k right?

That's what I'm thinking. Pull the blower kit, scrap the rest of the car.

Antihero
Antihero HalfDork
7/5/18 1:09 p.m.

In reply to nutherjrfan :

wow.....thats worth like $100

stanger_missle
stanger_missle Dork
7/5/18 2:01 p.m.

In reply to STM317 :

Yeah, from what I can find, they didn't sell a whole lot of those kits. Me thinks they are kinda rare. I believe they will also fit the 3L in the Fusion/Milan as well.

I wish I had $1k to buy it frown

Ashyukun (Robert)
7/5/18 2:17 p.m.

If it were closer (and the kit also fits the later 3Ls...) I'd be far too tempted to buy it, pull the kit and scrap/part out the car, and throw it on the Dancer's Mariner and fix any remaining issues to keep it for a while longer. I'm sure she'd ask my why would she want a supercharged FWD SUV, the answer to that being, "Why would you NOT want a supercharged FWD SUV?!?!? Why would you not want a supercharged ANYTHING?!?!" wink

The0retical
The0retical UltraDork
7/5/18 2:49 p.m.

What's up with the top? It looks like one of those canvas roll back roofs, just poorly fitted. Yea though, I'd buy it to strip the supercharger off it but the Metal Mulisha sticker on the fill door tells me all I need to know about the owner and the maintenance done over the last 50k miles or so.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle Dork
7/5/18 4:27 p.m.

In reply to The0retical :

Huh, I didn't notice the top. 

You're right. It looks like an aftermarket canvas sunroof thingy. This looks beat 7 ways from Sunday. I can only imagine what the interior smells like indecision.

I wish I had some disposable income right now; I'd buy this thing just to satisfy my morbid curiosity (but not for a grand wink)

stanger_missle
stanger_missle Dork
7/5/18 4:31 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

I couldn't find a whole bunch on the supercharger setup outside of an old Motortrend article where they tested a supercharged 2001 Escape.

I guess it made the Escape pretty entertaining to drive:

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/escape/2001/2001-kenne-bell-ford-escape/

Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
7/6/18 9:03 a.m.

Top tip. If you're listing your car on facebook maybe you should delete the posts of the big smoky burnouts or the one of you getting winched out of a ditch. Either that or don't have the phrases "gently driven" or "no accidents" in your ad.

Ashyukun (Robert)
7/6/18 9:29 a.m.

Yeah, if this were within a day's drive of me I'd probably be trying to buy it as well (though also for less than they're asking...).

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Rw6kGqY2lnxBam68DxropXHJwXj3mLHSY20qLgpAUGO1uL1jUAuqF8uhS1G3drHL