CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
8/21/15 10:21 a.m.

Looking for a pressure washer for at home. Lots of brothers/ sisters so i expect this to get used a fair amount besides my uses. My intended uses include mostly vehicle washing, yard/ house cleaning, etc. In my search i noticed there are axial cam driven pumps or the triplex pumps (CAT). The Triplex pumps are 500ish bucks buy in.

• Is it worth going to a semi-pro pressure washer right off the bat?

• Are the axial pump ones good enough to last a longgg time?

• If i was to guess, most of the time a foam gun would be used for cleaning vehicles, should i just size a pressure washer for that and have the rest fall into place?

edit: lOOKING FOR GAS POWERED UNITS

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
8/23/15 12:33 p.m.

Bump

patgizz
patgizz PowerDork
8/23/15 1:17 p.m.

I got a generac made in USA unit at menards for $399, pressure is adjustable from wash patio furniture to blow a hole in your leg. If you'd like to try it out you're welcome to come over and wash my truck. I have no complaints. My last one was a cheap karcher that I only bought because it has a honda engine. Engine still perfect, one pump rebuild within first year and pump failed again when washing a customer's deck so i bought the generac.

procker
procker Reader
8/23/15 2:11 p.m.

I'd recommend an expensive one that's easy to transport

No clue on the types you're looking at but the experience I've had with them is with an industrial sized Karcher model that had a bunch of options. It was the size of a large wheelbarrow and had a bevy of attachments. Kind of like this but with no farm stuff...

procker
procker Reader
8/23/15 2:13 p.m.

Also, here are some sites to help the research:

Power Washing Information Site

Pressure Washer Selection Help

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
9/20/17 6:59 a.m.

Zombie thread from over two years ago.  Spammer deleted. 

josh_benington
josh_benington None
8/19/19 10:36 a.m.

In reply to CarKid1989 :

Which one did you get finally? I am looking for one too. People are saying a ton about electric washers. And i came across with this article: Best pressure washer for your car buying guide. This is saying to go after an electric pressure washer. Let me know what you did!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
8/19/19 10:47 a.m.

Zombie canoe part deux.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hr2eUaRFMbdKoCpKMMnuW7v5NadZrC0tc35oNhv2qNCNqFRXqImZVo85nCQsguH1