ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
7/15/19 5:35 a.m.

I know there are a lot of Amazon shoppers on the forum. Anyone finding good Prime Day deals on car or garage related stuff? Post up and share the joy...

classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
7/15/19 6:00 a.m.

I know I've had good luck with Barrina LED lights from Amazon for my garage, and I'm going to have to replace the ones that broke when moving. Looks like there are some good deals to be had Here on a range of their stuff - $71 instead of $114 seems pretty common

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
7/15/19 8:04 a.m.

I ordered a Fire Stick on sale and a TV wall mount to put my spare TV in the garage if that counts as garage related. 

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy Reader
7/15/19 8:59 a.m.

I bought Barrina LED lights a while back when I moved in to my house.

After almost a year, I finally installed them w/ jank wiring as there's only two outlets in my garage; one on the ceiling for the garage door openers and one by the door to the house...

Anyways, for the cost, I like them. They're damn bright.  I DO suggest you buy a pack or two of the very long connectors, though. I can't stress that enough, you will need them if you want to actually space them apart more than a foot or so. I bought a 2-pack of the 4.9ft cables, but still ended up splicing a short one w/ wires I had around in order to connect all six together.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
7/15/19 9:17 a.m.
AAZCD
AAZCD HalfDork
7/15/19 9:28 a.m.

I'm looking for Bluetooth speakers to use with my Firestick TV. My TV speakers are terrible and so is my hearing. Any recommendations?

02Pilot
02Pilot SuperDork
7/15/19 11:44 a.m.

Some of the Wera big socket/ratchet and wrench sets are on sale as well.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/15/19 11:48 a.m.

In reply to AAZCD :

I have an Oontz in the garage and love it.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler PowerDork
7/15/19 12:31 p.m.

I picked up a few things, but as usual, the deals don't live up to the hype. Just like Black Friday.

failboat
failboat UberDork
7/15/19 6:56 p.m.

i see a lot of E36 M3 on sale that i dont need lol.  nothing on my saved amazon lists marked down. 

RossD
RossD MegaDork
7/15/19 7:05 p.m.

Now is the time to buy Amazon items. Fire HD tablets and Alexa, or those cameras for your doorbells.

I picked up the Alexa Echo microphone (no speaker) because I am plugging it into the bookshelf stereo in the garage. My Amazon Visa points covered it, so I am basically getting it for free.

Then I bought some Amazon Basic kettlebells.

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
7/15/19 7:26 p.m.
failboat said:

i see a lot of E36 M3 on sale that i dont need lol.  nothing on my saved amazon lists marked down. 

several things in my cart have gone UP in price leading up to, and then throughout, today. I am not amused. 

I noticed all the amazon spy gear is on sale though. Still can't believe the prices people will pay to get rid of their privacy. 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/15/19 8:53 p.m.

Agreed. I spent too much time looking for deals and ended up buying 3 bottles of hot sauce at their regular price. Starting to wonder why I even pay for prime?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
7/15/19 8:56 p.m.

I was waffling between various 34" LG Ultrawide monitors a few weeks back that were almost $300.  Today the curved 144hz hdr one is $170 so it made my decision easy.

I'm also thinking about snagging a good point and shoot camera that I've been holding off on a for a while.  Need to do some research and possibly pull the trigger tomorrow

stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
7/15/19 10:00 p.m.

Not much has interested me this year. I picked up a Trimax T3 locking hitch pin for about $2 less than I paid for one 7 years ago.

I also bought an Olight H1R headlamp since I don't currently own a headlamp and I'm tired of holding a flashlight while I'm standing on my head under the dash.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
7/16/19 4:52 a.m.

I bought a couple small things that I was going to buy anyway, saved about $10. Certainly not a huge windfall.

I actually bought a laptop through Amazon last week. I had planned the purchase for a while, did a lot of research, etc. I debated waiting till Prime Day just in case it went on sale, but I finally decided to buy at a price I was ok with just in case they raised prices on the stuff that WASNT on sale. I dont regret that choice.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' SuperDork
7/16/19 9:45 a.m.

Just got 20% off on an AVIS car rental.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
7/16/19 11:17 a.m.

Picked up a 6 pack of the Barrina LED lights to see how good they are.  I've currently got four florescent tubes and one normal light fixture in the garage.   Don't know if I should be replacing all of the florescent tubes, or just taking one of the two fixtures down and supplementing the other one.

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
7/16/19 6:16 p.m.
eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
7/16/19 7:00 p.m.

Just dropped $271 on a mini pc with Windows 10.  Hoping it is good enough to allow me to hold off on building a new computer for a couple years.  My current machine is a 7-8 year old laptop running Windows 7, that is way too slow to upgrade at this point, so I kind of needed something before support ends in January.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
7/16/19 7:03 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

Just dropped $271 on a mini pc with Windows 10.  Hoping it is good enough to allow me to hold off on building a new computer for a couple years.  My current machine is a 7-8 year old laptop running Windows 7, that is way too slow to upgrade at this point, so I kind of needed something before support ends in January.

Model or link? I could use the same thing for the same reason.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/16/19 7:39 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

https://computers.woot.com/plus/hp-mini-desktops

These refurbs in the $200 range might be good for a home use desktop

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
7/16/19 9:24 p.m.
Indy-Guy said:
eastsideTim said:

Model or link? I could use the same thing for the same reason.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q6HV59B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It showed an extra coupon to get the price down to what I paid

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sNqKqRwZzoGTz4jFmwXDCyqWOMcEe00S27Ym2egXaKIVueFhwnb4DI1z5to23Nv8