1 2
hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass HalfDork
1/11/22 10:41 a.m.
03Panther said:

In reply to hybridmomentspass :

I like the socket bit holder smiley

LOL so my father owns a business in High Point NC that imports furniture frames. He had some pieces that had broken and he said something like, "Hey, I know you like random pieces of wood..." So I got two pieces like this. A little over an inch thick not sure of wood type, sorry. But I had this nut drivers and stuff and wanted them organized so I used a ruler, laid out a grid and then onto the drillpress to put some holes in.  I like it. It's different. It's mine. 

hybridmomentspass
1/12/22 8:46 p.m.

Not in any of the original pictures (MAYBE a slight side view in one), but I had two storage totes that I would put my hockey bag on as well as a box fan.

Well, a better solution. Storage rack.

Room under to store my shopvac and jack stands etc, then one shelf for the hockey bag, got my fan connected to it (though can quickly remove if/when needed)

And then two more shelves that will hold 2 totes per shelf

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/13/22 7:38 a.m.

I'm glad you posted a second picture of the car.  I couldn't identify it from the first pic . . . and it was starting to make me a bit crazy.

hybridmomentspass
1/13/22 11:21 a.m.

Today I'll be going to pick up some charcoal and other food for the impending doom of snow (we dont get much of it)

I'll also get some updated pics. We're nowhere close to finished, but I do make regular progress, little here and little there. 

And not in many of the pics (it's there, but too much crap to find it if youre not searching the pics), but there is an old (80s vintage) pioneer stereo cabinet, as well as two newer pioneer tower speakers. The fiance wants a record player in the living room. Ive not started searching yet for a unit to put in the LR, but those are some big items that'll get moved out as soon as I find something. I DONT want to drop another 200+ on a turntable, plus the cost of reciever etc...we'll see what I can find.

Need to more more out to the building (that belongs there). 

hybridmomentspass
1/24/22 8:10 p.m.

Before

After

hybridmomentspass
1/24/22 8:13 p.m.

That 'corner' was trashed, so much stuff had built up over there and had been neglected.  A lot of it was just, simply, putting things where they go or finding a good, permanent home for it.

Then there were some things that I were just hanging out. Like some HANS anchors I picked up here a bit back. Instead of it just sitting on a shelf, why not pop them onto my helmet right quick?

Sorting. Organizing. Trashing. Its slow work, but I do dig it.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/24/22 8:25 p.m.

Love seeing the progress. 

hybridmomentspass
4/19/22 11:47 a.m.

Three months have gone by, progress, obviously, slowed quite a bit from that initial push. But I still go and work out there, little by little, small changes are happening.

With my efforts to tidy up the garage it includes moving things out of it to their proper home.

One bit of that includes getting things from garage to the under-deck building

SO, as I have a few before I take the team to the local high school tennis tournament, here is some pics of what was going on at the back of the house.

From the time I started searching for a house 5.5 years ago I started thinking of the 'wasted' space under the 2nd story decks that I was seeing. "Man, that'd be a great place for a building for the mower and such..."

And then the ONLY house that I LOVED, and eventually bought, HAD that already! But it was crappy. Lots of OSB sort of construction. I mean, they did a piss poor job. It had to come down.

All gone. Burned up a bunch, hauled off the big bits, and was able to save some stuff that Im currently (like Sunday) using for other projects. Awesome.

This time were doing stuff RIGHT

Had a guy I went to high school with come and pour a concrete pad

Then a friend of my father, who builds deer hunting huts (RuttHutts) did the building

Later dad came back in and put in an LED 4' light in the center, and 4 or 5 outlets

Now I have a place for the yard tools - shovels, rakes etc, as well as the elephant in the room - THE MOWER. Man, you dont realize how big a mower is until it's eating up about 20sf of your floorspace in your garage. But, yeah, so slowing getting stuff like the gas jugs, yard implements and such out there and out of eyesight

I'll post more good updates soon! As I stated, I never stopped going out there, and as it's warming up, Im spending MORE time out there, but not the big progress that we saw at first

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/19/22 1:08 p.m.

UNC Charlotte?

hybridmomentspass
4/19/22 5:46 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

UNC Charlotte?

Greensboro

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/19/22 6:49 p.m.
hybridmomentspass said:
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

UNC Charlotte?

Greensboro

Ah yes, upon closer inspection the last C is indeed a G. NeverMind.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
az13VY9ZStIib3p6OLFAzhoo6aXqprh1mNfRZZCPeeTnvOeloWjYb4NA1RqpSI9Y