1 2 3
ebelements
ebelements Reader
3/12/20 10:58 a.m.

I think bean quality is a bit overhyped, but you know what isn't? Water temperature. French press often tastes so much better than a plug-in coffeemaker because the water actually gets HOT ENOUGH to do the job. My current 8 cup unit is a Bonavita BV1900TS which is essentially a automated pour-over machine with a 1500w water heater that deposits through a wide "showerhead" into a thermal carafe. It has minimal parts and no extra features—press the button and in 5-8m you get a full carafe and it turns itself off.  Thing makes good coffee, even if you use the pre-ground sale stuff. 

Would I buy it again if it broke? Probably not, as it's expensive (was a gift) and I would be perfectly happy with a french press.  A cheap glass bodum will get you 8/10s of the way to a cup that rivals that of the clover(still the best cup I've ever had).

jenny_piu
jenny_piu New Spammer
3/13/20 3:27 a.m.

I drink the only cup per day and it has to be just perfect :)  I read about Cespresso [canoeing machine] and I guess we would have it soon. For those people who prefer espresso drinks to drip coffee, it is the fastest and most convenient way to make something like them at home. [Plus, after you've drunk a pallet of the cups, you have all the plastic, wood, instructions, and energy to build an unsinkable canoe!]

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
3/13/20 9:14 a.m.

Twelve throw away posts in random threads just so that you can plug a coffee blog?  That's a hell of a canoe. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/13/20 9:18 a.m.

In reply to nderwater :

It didn't have link to be obvious canoe earlier 

Error404
Error404 Reader
3/14/20 2:31 p.m.

Good coffee is a function of water, good beans, and time. Generally speaking you want your water around 195-200°F. If you don't like your tap water either get to spending or suck it up. Time determines the strength and flavor you get from the beans. Lastly, the fresher the beans the better you'll like it. Got a local roaster? Pay them a visit!

Armed with that information, take a look at your morning routine and go forth to find the coffee maker that suits you. Check reviews, read specs, and you will reap the fruits of your labor in a fine cup of beanjuice.

P.S: pod machines are the devil, Bobby!

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Reader
3/14/20 6:24 p.m.

I use a Chemex and have a kettle that you can set the temp on. I set it to 198, poor a little, wait a min, then pour the rest. It might take 5 mins total, so a little slower than a machine, but well worth it. 

Nilima
Nilima
3/15/20 1:49 a.m.

A Keurig coffee makerthe is most elegant and powerful espresso machines on the market. You can use it....

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
czEj7NXM0ovU1cyfW4JVUTdSfytU4MSozjEvIq93GFxh0MysiyJwaoSIk9j7YTna