3 4 5
tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/25/21 11:00 a.m.

Well first morning with the new head and new shaving soap and a fresh Shark blade. I am unimpressed. It felt aggressive but wasn't getting any smoother than before. The soap seemed much less slick then Cremo. I also cut my neck. BOOOO!

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
5/25/21 9:23 p.m.

Aw man. Did the soap smell good? Which one did you try? 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/26/21 7:39 a.m.
Crxpilot said:

Aw man. Did the soap smell good? Which one did you try? 

I tried Bergamot Lavender because Tunawife liked it the most. It smelled amazing.

I tried again today with the same Shark blade and new head and the Cremo. It felt better but I still didn't get a very smooth shave. I was in a hurry, though, and had a few things on my mind.

Katie Suddard
Katie Suddard Advertising Coordinator
5/26/21 2:18 p.m.

I know it's not really a manly brand, but EOS makes a shave cream that is really nice and super moisturizing. I'd recommend it highly for all shaving needs.

BF and I always split a pack of Harry's blades on an auto shipment, they work great for face/neck/legs/pits/whathaveyou. 

jharry3
jharry3 Dork
5/26/21 4:16 p.m.

Shaving?  I have only shaved twice in the last year.   Do people still shave in the pandemic?

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/28/21 7:10 a.m.

Well this isn't working well.

Years ago I tried straight razor shaving. I began that experiment by going to a barber and getting shaved to see what the optimum was for me. Honestly my face didn't feel that impressive. Doing it myself took forever so I gave it up. The safety razor I'm using now isn't any better than that, but it is far easier than the straight razor. I'll try the feather blade next.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
6/15/21 7:31 a.m.

So the success recipe seems to be Feather blade with Cremo and then the soap on top. Between passes I rewet my face and rebrush the soap. It's pretty good!

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
6/15/21 7:33 a.m.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
6/15/21 8:23 a.m.

Cremo cream and a shick fx diamond is the best setup for me. The fx diamond has been discontinued for about 20 years but they pop up on eBay in Canada new in box from time to time, same goes for refill cartridges. I put the blades in a cup of mineral oil when not in use to prevent oxidation which allows the blades to last 4-6 months

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
11/15/21 1:54 p.m.

Bumping this again.  Anyone use a Leaf razor or similar?

A photo with a plain white background of a Black Leaf Razor sitting upright in its' stand. To the left of the razor is a 50-blade pack and a few loose razor blades sitting in front, to the right is a blade recycling tin. All items sit together to the left side of the image.

It uses safety blades, broken in half, and 3 of them.  Its kind of a plastic free Mach-3 I guess?  I see positive reviews on it.

Ive tried a safety razor in the past, it did not go well.  I've tried a ton of other razors, but I always end up back with the Mach 3/Gillette Fusion/Mach 14.  It works well, but the cartidges are expensive and if there is a more environmentally friendly option I would like to that route.  One thing I like about the Fusion is that the head-supports are far enough apart that the razor can flex in the middle (not just pivot), which makes shaving your head easier.

matthewmcl
matthewmcl HalfDork
11/15/21 2:44 p.m.

I use the Gillette Fusion Mach 5 whatever. I wait for sales at Sam's Club and buy a 14 pack for a little over $3 a cartridge. With 5 regular blades and one trim blade, the per blade price is pretty decent.

3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vGNPdbuhOIJgLsP63gGN921CIersHZD0w7BZJg23QMX9XE2QlhKoNl35JsWjcD0E