Curtis
Curtis PowerDork
2/17/18 1:27 p.m.

Trying to do taxes using online stuff.  My taxes are really simple.

I am entering W2 data, and my box 14 has "SUI $0.09"  (only worked a few days with that employer for a total income of $130) So when I enter it, it rounds it down to zero and says I have an error in my W2.  Tech support for the software says that it must be a value greater than $1.

What is SUI?  Can I omit reporting it to get past this stumbling block?

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie Dork
2/17/18 1:35 p.m.

Box 14 is informational, according to TaxAct and TurboTax support. You can probably skip this safely. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/17/18 5:46 p.m.

SUI is state unemployment insurance. 

Leave it blank, you'll be fine. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/17/18 6:35 p.m.

I think what the software is trying to say is if the number you have is less than 1 then leave it blank. 

I use a tax pro and she only write things in whole dollars always dropping the change even if it is 99 cents. 

Curtis
Curtis PowerDork
2/18/18 8:26 p.m.

Thanks y'all.

Refund time!  Time to shop for a $500 car

Curtis
Curtis PowerDork
2/18/18 8:28 p.m.
John Welsh said:

I think what the software is trying to say is if the number you have is less than 1 then leave it blank. 

I use a tax pro and she only write things in whole dollars always dropping the change even if it is 99 cents. 

I had to laugh because tech support for the software was able to tell me that it only accepts more than one dollar, but when asked what I should do about it they said "we can't give tax advice."

Totally understand, but I thought it was just funny.  They can tell you that it doesn't accept my input, but can't tell me why.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
2/19/18 10:29 a.m.

Agreeing with the hive.  Round it to the nearest dollar.  Zero.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Xxi9O18qCR4pdOIo0dpZ9iEuQsoEUkSThlMiHjNPU80M84eAeAmbkeqKAVMjHfMe