1 2
Grizz
Grizz UberDork
1/18/19 7:50 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doE2ZjceDRU

I'm not really sure what to think about this masterpiece other than I know for a fact I will see it.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
1/18/19 8:21 p.m.

You had me at Sam Elliot.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
1/18/19 8:42 p.m.

yes, very well could be

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 SuperDork
1/18/19 8:43 p.m.

Didn't click but I assume we're talking The Big Lebowski?

Given that you said greatest film made yet. 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/18/19 8:50 p.m.

I can't even

Will
Will UltraDork
1/18/19 9:00 p.m.

If this is a fake trailer as part of some advertising gimmick I'm gonna be a mushroom cloud layin' motherberkeleyer, motherberkeleyer.

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
1/18/19 9:02 p.m.

In reply to Will :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Killed_Hitler_and_Then_the_Bigfoot

nope, comes out february 8th

AAZCD
AAZCD Reader
1/18/19 9:45 p.m.

Based on a True Story.

AAZCD
AAZCD Reader
1/18/19 9:53 p.m.

Best YT comment so far:

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
1/18/19 10:53 p.m.

Sam Elliot with a Springfield 1903, doing outrageous things?

Ok, sign me up.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
1/18/19 11:19 p.m.

has a vibe similar to that most recent Kong movie which I liked.  not sure if I like a beat down unsmiling woe is me Sam Elliot.  but looks good enough to watch nonetheless. smiley

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/19/19 12:31 a.m.

I like your style, Dude.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/19/19 12:32 a.m.

It does seem like it was done as some sort of dare.... could be epic... it’s release date is not a good sign... you never know...

The writer/director has no previous full movie experience (just a short).  There are certainly other movies that everyone thought would be bad, where reviewed horrible, and yet are considered favorites by many.  Heck 1941 is one of my favorite movies!

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
1/19/19 12:33 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

didn't see the release date but if it's anything like the Kong movie it'll get done. smiley

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin SuperDork
1/19/19 1:27 a.m.

I went straight to the comments and they did not disappoint.

Furious_E
Furious_E SuperDork
1/19/19 8:57 a.m.

1) It's not another superhero movie

2) It's not a remake

3) Sam Elliot

Count me in! It's probably been a few years since I've seen a movie in theaters, but I'd totally see this.

John_Butler
John_Butler
1/21/19 2:47 p.m.

It reminded me of that movie about Lincoln the vampire hunter)

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/21/19 5:52 p.m.

Looks like it only a limited release, so you may have to look around for this one.

I did find a review:

Not all heroes live a heroic life. Not all heroes get a big parade and go on talk shows and end up in history books. The Man Who Killed Hitler & Then The Bigfoot is one of most undefinable films of this year, no question. It's part drama, it's part action film, it's part horror, but at it's core it's really a character study about a lonely man at the end of his life looking back on everything. Sam Elliott plays Calvin Barr, indeed the very man who killed Hitler and then the Bigfoot. He spends his days drinking at a bar and relaxing with his adorable yellow lab dog, because no one knows that he killed Hitler. It was covered up by Germany and America, because there was more at stake. As he states in the film, he just killed a man that day, that's all. And he has had to spend his life dealing with the substantial feelings, as they slowly chip away at his psyche.

Written and directed by newcomer filmmaker Robert D. KrzykowskiThe Man Who Killed Hitler & Then The Bigfoot is much more of a drama than it is a genre film, but it's also a genre film with some good drama. It's a smart mix of everything, yet also a deeply satisfying character study. It's a gorgeously cinematic tale about a singularly heroic man, who has some oddly unexplainable incredible strength and immunity, now struggling to figure out what his life means as it nears its end. One day, the FBI and the Canadian Mounted Police knock on his door, because they know he killed Hitler, and they know what he's capable of and they want him to kill the Bigfoot. So off he goes to save the world, again. We do get to see his Hitler mission as a flashback, and eventually his mission to find & kill the Bigfoot, which proves to be a much greater challenge.

Even though it may be hard to describe this film or categorize it, it's not hard to say it is a damn fine film. The cinematography is way better than it should be (for an indie feature like this and first-time director), thanks to DP Alex Vendler, complimented with some subtle VFX by the legendary Doug Trumbull. It's not a dark or gritty film, it's actually quite vibrant and graceful, reminding us that this kind of beautiful cinematography can still work well with a more downbeat story. The film reminded me a lot of Tim Burton's Big Fish - in style, and as a film about an old man telling tales about his life. Between A Star is Born and this, Sam Elliott is giving two more unforgettable performances in his already wonderful career, and it's a sight to behold. In this film, he's heartbreaking yet earnest, making the film that much better in the process.

At a brisk 98 minutes, this film is easily enjoyable and engaging to watch. It impressed me in so many ways, from the way it handles Elliott's performance to the gorgeous cinematography to the intelligent script, and although I still can't make much sense of it, I'm fond of it anyway. This film also has the most cuddle-able, adorable yellow lab who is his most bestest friend to Calvin all the way through. Made me love this film that much more because it's such a dog film, too. Really, truly, a film about how that dog can be your best friend and the most important person in your life - even if you did kill Hitler and then the Bigfoot. I'm happy this film exists, even though it doesn't fit in anywhere. I hope viewers will take a chance and discover it, finding something odd yet completely fulfilling. A tale unlike any other tale before, but a tale you won't soon forget.

Alex's Sitges 2018 Rating: 8 out of 10

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
1/21/19 8:23 p.m.

I can't take anybody with a Hulk Hogan moustache seriously.  Sorry.

Anyway the greatest movie ever made was Smokey and the Bandit meets Tyler Durden.

Okay maybe it hasn't been made YET, but I have the script right here...

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
1/21/19 10:34 p.m.
Knurled. said:

You shut your whore mouth; Hulk Hogan only wishes he had a Sam Elliott mustache. But he doesn't and can't. Only Sam Elliott can.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/21/19 10:44 p.m.
dculberson said:
Knurled. said:

You shut your whore mouth; Hulk Hogan only wishes he had a Sam Elliott mustache. But he doesn't and can't. Only Sam Elliott can.

I'm compelled to agree with your sentiment and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

pjbgravely
pjbgravely HalfDork
1/21/19 11:53 p.m.

This looks nothing like Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
1/22/19 1:32 a.m.
dculberson said:
Knurled. said:

You may indeed have a point, I suppose.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
1/22/19 7:57 p.m.

As soon as I saw the thread title I knew which movie this would be about. I must see it.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
1/22/19 9:29 p.m.

This is a goof, right? 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eVMxSNUJumEqRhM2GF6w2wZUePovwQEIX1T8Rbdg0SvMPlQRCbIc7kjrABTiJXo4