1 2 3 4 5
Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports Reader
9/17/20 9:24 a.m.

Why did fast food drinks get so huge?  I got a medium coke at Popeye's the other day and thought it was a Big Gulp.

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/17/20 9:58 a.m.

What happened to all the cheap Miatas? A few years ago, central FL Craigslists were lousy with cheap NAs. You could find a decent driver for ~$2500.

Now, they are either $6k or scrap.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/17/20 10:08 a.m.
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) said:

What happened to all the cheap Miatas? A few years ago, central FL Craigslists were lousy with cheap NAs. You could find a decent driver for ~$2500.

The Dorifto and Stance folks discovered them.  Sorry.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/17/20 10:28 a.m.
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) said:

Same thing that happened to the cheap E30's. NBs are much better than the NAs for this price range nowadays.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/17/20 11:16 a.m.

When did paint colors become completely inappropriate?  Sandalwood Mist?  Champagne?  Sierra Beige?  Maple Frost?  Nope.  It's TAN.

I just painted the walls in my living room with one called Golden Ink.  Nope.  It's Avocado Diarrhea.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
9/17/20 4:26 p.m.

1st gen Mazda6/Ford Fusion.  Are there any other shared platform cars where the import brand was made in the USA and the domestic brand was imported?

CJ (He's Just an FS)
CJ (He's Just an FS) HalfDork
9/17/20 4:39 p.m.

And from our friend George C, Why do we park on driveway and drive on a parkway?

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/17/20 5:34 p.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

I’m gonna go out on a limb... and assume you didn’t pick it outcheeky

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile HalfDork
9/18/20 8:23 p.m.

I wonder if money was only paper, not digital at all, how much it would effect people these days...

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/18/20 8:38 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

1st gen Mazda6/Ford Fusion.  Are there any other shared platform cars where the import brand was made in the USA and the domestic brand was imported?

Corolla/Prizm.  (And Corolla/Nova)

Probably Escape/Tribute too.  And Explorer/Navajo.

Y'know, Mazda really put a lot of "F.U." in the Ford captive-import truck names, didn't they.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/18/20 9:06 p.m.
Subscriber-unavailabile said:

I wonder if money was only paper, not digital at all, how much it would effect people these days...

US has not used money in quie a while... only promisary notes!!! (YES, I KNOW, that is not the whole story)

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/18/20 9:07 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Prolly me being dense, but I missed the F U reference?

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile HalfDork
9/18/20 9:22 p.m.

I wonder if the Internet/tv was completely nonexistent how much our lives would be better

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/18/20 9:29 p.m.

I wonder if the Internet/tv was completely nonexistent how much our lives would be better

yesyesyes

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/19/20 11:30 a.m.
03Panther said:

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Prolly me being dense, but I missed the F U reference?

The "Explorers" beat back/killed Navajo.

A "Tribute" is money/goods regularly paid to a ruler by a subjugated people who were unable to Escape...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/19/20 4:50 p.m.

You wouldn't know anyone here, because this forum wouldn't exist. No Craigslist,  no marketplace, no DIY YouTubes. No, my life is definitely better because of the interballs. I actively avoid the crap.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/19/20 6:02 p.m.
Appleseed said:

You wouldn't know anyone here, because this forum wouldn't exist. No Craigslist,  no marketplace, no DIY YouTubes. No, my life is definitely better because of the interballs. I actively avoid the crap.

I haven't heard any negatives yet! I do use some of those things, because they are there, but I can't honestly say they make anyones life better. But then, that is deeper than we need to go here.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/19/20 9:38 p.m.

I think about food, a lot. I like to eat. I'm having a very hard time balancing diet and satisfaction right now. But I also think of food origins. Like-

Crab. Tastes great. Awesome with butter. But who out there at what point in history looked at that freaky mud bug and was like "you know what? I bet they motherberkeleyers legs are DELICIOUS. " Food origins are something I get curious about. Like who saw a cow, and went "lemme kill it, wave fire at it, and eat it". 

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/19/20 9:58 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I always thought that about some of the recreational substance delivery methods... You want me to chop that up, and put it where? Who thought THAT up?

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
9/19/20 11:13 p.m.

Ate outside today at a restaurant and a Fiata went by and I made a comment. I explained what a Fiata is and she gave me a blank look.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/20/20 9:22 a.m.
03Panther said:

In reply to Mndsm :

I always thought that about some of the recreational substance delivery methods... You want me to chop that up, and put it where? Who thought THAT up?

That too. Like, who thought you know, lemme get this stuff. Make it into a powder. Distill it with gasoline, and then smell it. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/20/20 10:23 a.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

When did paint colors become completely inappropriate?  Sandalwood Mist?  Champagne?  Sierra Beige?  Maple Frost?  Nope.  It's TAN.

I just painted the walls in my living room with one called Golden Ink.  Nope.  It's Avocado Diarrhea.

I tend to think of car colors and how they will look when the car is a bit older.  The worst ones seem to be the bronzes and tans.  Almost any color looks good new, but the bronze and tans tend to look like crap with age,  just look at all those colors from the 80's, lots of tans.... I guess they never learn, or don't care.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/20/20 10:58 a.m.
aircooled said:
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

I tend to think of car colors and how they will look when the car is a bit older.  The worst ones seem to be the bronzes and tans.  Almost any color looks good new, but the bronze and tans tend to look like crap with age,  just look at all those colors from the 80's, lots of tans.... I guess they never learn, or don't care.

I went through all my paint swatches yesterday. It's amazing how many words there are for "pink". 

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/20/20 8:40 p.m.

Instead of the phrase "They could sell ice to an Eskimo", can we change it to "They could sell a Subaru to a retiree in Florida"?

Based on the sheer number of Subarus (mostly Forresters) I see on my commute in Tampa, Subaru must have some amazing sales people.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
9/20/20 8:54 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) :

I'm confused... is it harder to sell a Subaru in Florida for some reason?

'Cause selling ice to an Eskimo is Berkeleying impossible...

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vLna9lwKLYOvKY4cxPc0yDP7xg8w89qceF38Ne0sPHIHgD6vSMrZmPIZvDb5caAR