1 2 3 4
QuickJack
QuickJack New Reader
12/16/14 9:06 a.m.

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. We appreciate your feedback. As typical in any new product release, no matter how much you pre-plan, returning comments and suggestions from end-users helps redirect focus.

As of late November, our installation and operator manuals have been completely revised. You’ll find our latest manual includes every installation step in full detail. Here is link. QuickJack Revised Manual PDF

Teflon tape is a must for all threaded connections as outlined in the new manual.

In order to stop fluid leak from the quick-connect fittings during assembly and disconnect, future QuickJack’s will be equipped with these flush-face, zero-leak fittings. Testing Video of New Flush-Face, Zero-Leak Fittings

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr Dork
12/16/14 9:08 a.m.

Are you going to send the new fittings to existing customers?

Seems that leaking fluids all over a garage is bad.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
12/16/14 9:10 a.m.

The software model of constant free upgrades doesn't always apply to hardware. I would expect upgrades - unless they're a safety concern - to be available at a cost. A bit of spillage when you connect/disconnect hydraulic fittings is more of a pain in the butt than a safety concern.

QuickJack
QuickJack New Reader
12/16/14 9:18 a.m.

As many realize, current QuickJack pricing is higher than the initial roll-out offer. This is to offset increased production costs for recent upgrades - these fittings being one of them. The first shipment of flush-face fittings should be available in 30-days.

For all those interested in upgrading can write to mail@quickjack.com. And yes, as Keith expressed, there will be an upgrade fee in the neighborhood of $95.00. Because the QuickJack takes four sets (eight pieces) this is well below cost for these fittings.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/16/14 9:19 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: The software model of constant free upgrades doesn't always apply to hardware. I would expect upgrades - unless they're a safety concern - to be available at a cost. A bit of spillage when you connect/disconnect hydraulic fittings is more of a pain in the butt than a safety concern.

Winner. A small business won't be able to go back and replace them for free. What they should do is offer good will by selling the couplings at a discount to existing customers or providing future discounts..

Or.. what they could have done is completely ignore the issue and not post here. Atleast they are making an attempt.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
12/16/14 9:20 a.m.

I've never seen the flush face zero leak fittings before. I may have to add a couple of those to my MaxJax.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/16/14 9:22 a.m.
Woody wrote: I've never seen the flush face zero leak fittings before. I may have to add a couple of those to my MaxJax.

http://www.eaton.com/ecm/groups/public/@pub/@eaton/@aero/documents/content/ct_196794.pdf

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
12/16/14 9:33 a.m.

In reply to Woody:

We sell Fast Brand fittings like these. We use them in air conditioning systems, and they work really well.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
12/16/14 10:04 a.m.

They work well but they aren't cheap. <$100 to upgrade is a deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Hydraulic-Coupler-3-8-In/dp/B00BKAF7UC/ref=sr_1_11?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1418745363&sr=1-11&keywords=FF+hydraulic+couplers

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy SuperDork
12/16/14 11:12 a.m.
QuickJack wrote: Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. We appreciate your feedback. As typical in any new product release, no matter how much you pre-plan, returning comments and suggestions from end-users helps redirect focus. As of late November, our installation and operator manuals have been completely revised. You’ll find our latest manual includes every installation step in full detail. Here is link. QuickJack Revised Manual PDF Teflon tape is a must for all threaded connections as outlined in the new manual. In order to stop fluid leak from the quick-connect fittings during assembly and disconnect, future QuickJack’s will be equipped with these flush-face, zero-leak fittings. Testing Video of New Flush-Face, Zero-Leak Fittings

don't own your product yet.... was suspect after hearing the "issues"...

you coming on, and explaining and updating things shows your customer dedication... now I wish I had the cash....

Woody
Woody MegaDork
12/16/14 11:20 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote:
Woody wrote: I've never seen the flush face zero leak fittings before. I may have to add a couple of those to my MaxJax.
http://www.eaton.com/ecm/groups/public/@pub/@eaton/@aero/documents/content/ct_196794.pdf

They don't look like quick connectors. They're thread on.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UberDork
12/16/14 11:57 a.m.

Zero leak fittings are expensive, we use them a lot in oil and gas. And there is a reason they are expensive, because they are awesome!

glueguy
glueguy HalfDork
12/16/14 12:03 p.m.

Another positive vibe to QuickJack for coming on here. I know that when it's a business and not "just for fun" the time you spend on the boards is work or taking away from other business work. As someone planning to purchase next year, I appreciate the effort to address the early comments and improve the product.

The
The HalfDork
12/16/14 3:14 p.m.
Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. We appreciate your feedback. As typical in any new product release, no matter how much you pre-plan, returning comments and suggestions from end-users helps redirect focus. As of late November, our installation and operator manuals have been completely revised. You’ll find our latest manual includes every installation step in full detail. Here is link. QuickJack Revised Manual PDF Teflon tape is a must for all threaded connections as outlined in the new manual. In order to stop fluid leak from the quick-connect fittings during assembly and disconnect, future QuickJack’s will be equipped with these flush-face, zero-leak fittings. Testing Video of New Flush-Face, Zero-Leak Fittings

CAN YOU IMAGINE MY SURPRISE..........I hope santa brings me some Teflon tape, ATF, new bunch of rags.......pisses me off, we sold you a piece of E36 M3, now we will sell you the parts to fix it. oh there a manual now. oh and the video, carries as much weight as the original video.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
12/16/14 3:32 p.m.

Popcorn is in the microwave, this should be good

The
The HalfDork
12/16/14 4:01 p.m.

I am over it, but somebody else fired this thread back up, so I feel obligated to post these. (for you viewing pleasure) I am not a metallurgist but has does this casting look to you?

and don't forget before you do anything read and understand the manual.........wait what manual

QuickJack
QuickJack New Reader
12/16/14 4:57 p.m.

The motor end cap and housing looks real beat up. Did that happen in shipping? The oil in the shipping box is the packing oil that ships inside the cylinder. We purposely ship with internal packing oil to prevent corrosion during storage and shipping. Please send your purchase information to mail@quickjack.com and we will be happy to replace damaged parts, correct any deficiencies, or refund your money in full. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
12/16/14 5:40 p.m.
QuickJack wrote: As many realize, current QuickJack pricing is higher than the initial roll-out offer. This is to offset increased production costs for recent upgrades - these fittings being one of them. The first shipment of flush-face fittings should be available in 30-days. For all those interested in upgrading can write to mail@quickjack.com. And yes, as Keith expressed, there will be an upgrade fee in the neighborhood of $95.00. Because the QuickJack takes four sets (eight pieces) this is well below cost for these fittings.

I ordered one of the 5000lb/110V QuickJacks on 12/1 through one of my warehouse distributors. Plan is for light use in my shop and to demo to customers. Looks like it just shipped out on the 12th. Any idea if the one on the way to me has these fittings or not?

carbon
carbon Dork
12/16/14 8:47 p.m.

Tough to beat an old fashioned Rotary lift. Best $3k you'll ever spend as a car guy, and thats installed.

Tralfaz
Tralfaz Reader
12/16/14 9:03 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: The software model of constant free upgrades doesn't always apply to hardware. I would expect upgrades - unless they're a safety concern - to be available at a cost. A bit of spillage when you connect/disconnect hydraulic fittings is more of a pain in the butt than a safety concern.

I can understand your position on this all to well. But honestly I think sometimes products get put on the market with the vendor knowing in there heart of hearts that they could do better but want to get the revenue flow going and then update the product and the early adopters are not only the guinea pigs but also the ones paying again for the now included upgrade.

I admire dpalatov on this point. While certainly a different price point market all early adopters get the upgrade as it is understood that they are creating good feedback

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
12/16/14 9:36 p.m.
carbon wrote: Tough to beat an old fashioned Rotary lift. Best $3k you'll ever spend as a car guy, and thats installed.

It's not portable so is an absolute different use case. I currently have a rotary 10k pad lift, challenger 7k two post, plans for a four post, and have also debated a quickjack because of portability.

The
The HalfDork
12/17/14 6:20 a.m.
I can understand your position on this all to well. But honestly I think sometimes products get put on the market with the vendor knowing in there heart of hearts that they could do better but want to get the revenue flow going and then update the product and the early adopters are not only the guinea pigs but also the ones paying again for the now included upgrade.

in my field we call these Beta Testers, which should be done and bugs fixed prior to product release.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
12/17/14 6:34 a.m.

In reply to The: So are you going to take the parts to fix it or return it ?

The
The HalfDork
12/17/14 6:59 a.m.

neither, I would not pay for parts, I do not think will work or may never receive, luckily when I lift the car it going to be lifted for a while. http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/2002-bmw-e46-m3-trackcar-or-how-to-screw-up-a-dece/88751/page6/

Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
12/17/14 10:05 a.m.

In reply to The:

If it's sitting on the locks you could replace parts. At least that's how every lift I've ever owned has worked. I had a hydraulic line blow on one of my lifts and my MR2 was stuck on it while I replaced hose, fittings, etc to make the lift operational again. If you don't want to pay for the improved no leak connections I would at least take them up on their offer to replace parts damaged during shipping.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uODBgIn5lV1ZoiHGmMSDR0sva4BaVfZo3jLXPa3mFDEWScsLnNiygwgmmFbFLWgs