3 4 5
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
9/8/16 2:18 p.m.

I'll check mine against the FM lift, we bought it when we first started selling the QJ. Mine was a few months later. I've got a spare set of disconnects on my desk to check.

phenryiv1
phenryiv1 New Reader
9/8/16 2:24 p.m.

My quick disconnects don't leak during use or periods of inactivity. I have the post-revision ones.

Knock on wood but after getting it up and running I have had zero issues during use. I have used it 20-30 times and my e30 spent a few weeks suspended in the air.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/8/16 2:45 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

And I could back up everything you said. I have seen on many an occasion B2B companies fail at the B2Consumer switch. Add that to what you described as a pass through product and it makes sense.

Customer service issues are a combination of lack of capital (in the warranty/service budget) and training on how to support nonbusiness accounts.

If they are committed (which it seems by the responses from them as time goes on they are) they will get through it with just a little bruise or two. Nothing broken.

I trust your judgment if you say they are a good company. As far as internet bitching, I take it that, on this forum a little more seriously than say jalopnick or the other inter webs.

Plus you have to judge the number of people on this forum that has bought them with issues vs those that have with none. Although a small and concentrated sample size it does have it's merits.

The last numbers I saw is if you did something wrong people tell 10 people. If you do something right they tell 3. I am sure social media and forums have skewed this.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
9/8/16 2:56 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: Plus you have to judge the number of people on this forum that has bought them with issues vs those that have with none. Although a small and concentrated sample size it does have it's merits. The last numbers I saw is if you did something wrong people tell 10 people. If you do something right they tell 3. I am sure social media and forums have skewed this.

We have people joining this forum specifically to air complaints about their QJ. So our sample is a bit skewed.

Social media and forums have definitely skewed the happy/sad reporting. I'd put it more at 25 to 2 at best. One cranky customer can make a lot of noise.

I think Ranger's doing a decent job of customer service, there are just a lot of problems with initial quality and shipping damage.

Slack
Slack New Reader
9/10/16 11:16 a.m.

Going to replace the buffer valve, while removing the reservoir, I notice the reservoir O-ring has dislodged it'self from it's home. Deforming the reservoir flange in the process.

Waiting on recommendation from QJ.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/10/16 1:49 p.m.

I'm willing to purchase any malfunctioning quick jacks for $100 shipping included.

Slack
Slack New Reader
9/16/16 4:40 p.m.

They have elected to replace my entire power unit. (woulda been happy with reservoir and O-ring).

Slack
Slack New Reader
9/24/16 12:28 p.m.

New power unit = happy dude.

phenryiv1
phenryiv1 New Reader
9/27/16 10:29 a.m.
Slack wrote: New power unit = happy dude.

Good deal. All functional?

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
9/27/16 11:18 a.m.

The guy I share shop space has one of these and really likes it.

maxbraketorque
maxbraketorque
12/29/16 9:54 a.m.

I'm tired of screwing around with my floor jack and jackstands for substantial jobs under my car. I'm thinking about purchasing one of these. Can anyone comment on whether the current revision of the QuickJack is relatively trouble-free? Is perhaps one model more trouble-free than the other? Thanks much for any comments.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
12/29/16 12:25 p.m.

I've had very little feedback from my customers about problems once initial difficulties are sorted out. I don't think anything too significant changed from a functional standpoint on the 12v versions, but the 110v versions did get a faster pump as part of the SLX redesign.

Other changes with the SLX: a tweak to the lock design that makes them easier to lower and a drybreak-style disconnect. The big advantage to the latter in my opinion is better dust protection when disconnected.

QuickJack has changed their dealer program, so Flyin' Miata will no longer be selling them. The exception to that rule is the remaining 5000 non-SLX models, we will carry those until supplies are exhausted.

Personally, I don't go to the track without mine and I recently spent a week working on a recalcitrant power steering system in a hotel parking lot in California. I've got the original 3500, and I'm not sure I would have been happier with the 5000. Able to lift more of my vehicles, yes. But also a bit heavier to throw in and out of the truck. So for my use, the 3500 is good.

Slippery
Slippery Dork
12/29/16 12:30 p.m.

I have the 5000SLX in 12v version.

I would buy again in a heartbeat.

itsarebuild
itsarebuild Dork
12/29/16 2:33 p.m.

I got the 110 version and it is awesome. The dry break connectors work perfectly every time.

IntegraR0064
IntegraR0064 New Reader
4/15/17 3:16 p.m.

Just to add to this, my quickjack has been a nightmare. The absolute worst product I've ever bought. Typing out my saga would take too long so I'll just say that all of my fittings squirt ATF (not the threaded ones but the quick connect). They keep sending me the wrong parts, or forgetting to send me parts, or not sending everything I need to make the ones they send work. The fittings are the biggest issue and I got a couple new fittings sent but even the new ones don't work. I've had new parts sent to me a couple times and I'm going to try one more time but I'm not very hopeful...

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
4/15/17 3:23 p.m.

Integra, do you have an SLX or the earlier models? They use different fittings.

phenryiv1
phenryiv1 New Reader
4/15/17 7:26 p.m.
IntegraR0064 wrote: Just to add to this, my quickjack has been a nightmare. The absolute worst product I've ever bought. Typing out my saga would take too long so I'll just say that all of my fittings squirt ATF (not the threaded ones but the quick connect). They keep sending me the wrong parts, or forgetting to send me parts, or not sending everything I need to make the ones they send work. The fittings are the biggest issue and I got a couple new fittings sent but even the new ones don't work. I've had new parts sent to me a couple times and I'm going to try one more time but I'm not very hopeful...

Interesting (and unfortunate) that you have had issues with the newer version. A similar thread on garage journal has reported that the later non-SLX models and the SLX models have all been performing as intended. Once I got the revised fitting on my early-delivery BL-5000 I have had smooth operations. My only regret is being an early adopter and not buying one of the longer models.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
4/16/17 11:12 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote:
Flight Service wrote: Plus you have to judge the number of people on this forum that has bought them with issues vs those that have with none.
We have people joining this forum specifically to air complaints about their QJ. So our sample is a bit skewed.
IntegraR0064 wrote: (new to the forum no profile pic and complaigning about a product)

Mikedeez88
Mikedeez88
7/27/19 4:02 p.m.

Old thread but I thought I'd add my experience with the 7000lbs model, loving it! This is a clip of a civic on the lift but I have had my 3/4 ton chevy express van lifted on it with no troubles. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7ZJ2lZz7Qo

3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2CR95uZBJZ9R1Ls0suvnTVx96ZeNGdWynbRGUZhIxuKbwaXmEP4GVzJn9JGEjYEE