1 2
RevRico
RevRico UberDork
11/29/18 12:10 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

I wanted to do everything in one shot, as it was made available*. The main story itself is close to 60 hours. May be a bit of an exaggeration at 20 hours of video, but there's a lot of 5 and 10 minute segments that you go through, with a few that took closer to 25. Typical mission is 5 minute setup, going to location, whatever you need to do, shootout, possible ride to other location, another video ending it. 

What killed me was "oh I'll just do one more mission before bed" and 45 minutes to an hour later without even dying and redoing anything I was finally finished with it. 

* I'm weird with games like this. I like a busy map and an empty map at the same time. No matter what it is, whenever I level up or unlock new content, I go out of my way to do it all before moving on. This usually leads to a buildup of stuff to do and my being extremely overpowered when I do move on, but in red dead it added a lot more emotional weight onto my character and the story. 

chief8one
chief8one Reader
11/29/18 10:40 p.m.

Red Dead 2 the 2/3 days of downloading.  Better be worth it!

RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
12/1/18 5:25 p.m.

R* has proven, with GTA V and RDR2, that people still want to play cops & robbers and cowboys & Indians. 

I didn't get far in GTA V, never played RDR, but I'm enjoying RDR2. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/14/18 1:27 p.m.

I finally broke down and bought another PS4 Pro. Had RDR2 for free, about 15% through the story now, just busted Micah out of prison, done a few side things. Absolutely gorgeous game on the 4k TV, even the girlfriend was amazed.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/19/19 8:27 p.m.

I’m almost done, and after the initial shock of the giant world, the story and game have been killer.  Plus i berkeleying smoked the legendary bear on the first shot while i was on the ground and it was trying to eat me.  

chief8one
chief8one Reader
1/22/19 9:46 p.m.
Patrick said:

I’m almost done, and after the initial shock of the giant world, the story and game have been killer.  Plus i berkeleying smoked the legendary bear on the first shot while i was on the ground and it was trying to eat me.  

Had a similar experience against a normal bear.  I heard it and it tried to bum rush me from behind.  I was personally screaming like a girl and blasted it full panic mode in the face.  Good times!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/23/19 7:15 a.m.

Beat the storyline missions last night.  Don’t ignore the credits as they reveal lots of stuff.  

I hope they do DLC’s to do the blackwater heist and to fill in the time between the end and the beginning of RDR

RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
2/22/19 4:05 a.m.
Patrick said:

Plus i berkeleying smoked the legendary bear on the first shot while i was on the ground and it was trying to eat me.  

I killed him with my pistol. On my back. Underneath the bear. Almost dead. Too early in the game, to have a grasp on controls and how to arm yourself when getting off your horse.... 

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
2/24/19 6:41 p.m.

Don’t worry, you’ll never fully get a grasp on the controls.  They suck.  Very disappointing, considering the story is incredibly good, and the graphics/scenery/motion capture are brilliantly done. 

RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
6/8/19 11:58 p.m.

I'm far enough in the story that Dutch is really pissing me off. Anyone still playing, or finished, this game? 

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
6/9/19 5:13 p.m.

In reply to RealMiniNoMore :

I finished it and haven't touched it since. Since I went for 100% from the beginning, I don't really have a reason to go back. 

I had been trying to kill Dutch since chapter 2. I feel like in real life someone would have gut shot him and left him in the desert years before he ever had that sort of "power". I would have, at least. 

I do wish more people were playing online, it could be fun, especially since they've started updating it some. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/9/19 6:59 p.m.

I finished it. It sucks that once you finish it there really is nothing else to do in the game. All the things that I had not done are now off the map. 

failboat
failboat UberDork
6/11/19 1:12 p.m.

its on sale this week on xbox live for $38. 

stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
11/5/19 2:01 a.m.

Don't forget that today (5 November), Red Dead Redemption 2 is available for PC. I downloaded the Rockstar Games launcher and got a free upgrade from the Standard to the Special edition. I'm not sure if I caught the tail end of the pre-order sale or what but it also comes with a free R* game (GTAIII, Max Payne 3, etc).

The only bummer is that you have to use the R* launcher. Its not available on Steam (yet?) so you are stuck using their launcher. Everybody has their own damn launcher these days frown

stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
11/5/19 3:18 a.m.

So it looks like you can buy RDR2 through the Epic Games launcher as well. I think you can get the pre-order bonuses until the game unlocks at 8AM EST but I'm not 100% certain.

https://www.pcgamer.com/when-does-red-dead-2-pc-unlock/

Also, check out the system requirements. I'm running an ASUS ROG laptop from 2016 with a GEFORCE GTX 960M so we will see how that goes.

https://www.pcgamer.com/red-dead-redemption-2-system-requirements/

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gSyraio9gSRBg2jChs7u5JCy4S8wU4RDkGU4zt2RwPPSbIeMIJpheoDtbPDT970v