1 2
ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
6/6/13 2:37 p.m.

Has anyone played this game before? I have spent the day and a half playing the thing. I am not much into gaming on a smart phone or tablet, but I down loaded this game on a whime the other day and after playing it the grafics are nibd blowing for detail for a down load game. There are a lot of races to run and a good amount of cars to keep some people happy.

revhard
revhard New Reader
6/6/13 3:13 p.m.

In reply to ckosacranoid: When i had an iphone i played asphalt 7 and was looking for a racing game when i switched to android. I downloaded real racing 3 and i think the graphics are better and the game is as if not more entertaining.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
6/6/13 3:30 p.m.

Might have to look into that. I've just been enjoying Carmageddon on the android.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
6/6/13 3:32 p.m.

DL'ing now- why not, for free.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
6/6/13 3:38 p.m.

Yes, I have been playing it for a while. VERY good graphics of the tracks (better then GT5!). A good selection of tracks (Spa, Laguna Seca, Bathurst etc.) and some decent damage modeling.

Some of the AI drivers are less the courteous and corner cutting is a primary strategy. The stupid walled Ausi city courses are a pain in the butt.

Overall I highly suggest it.

It's free if you are patient. Repairs take real time time to do, so playing occasionally and having a couple of cars keeps it free (you can pay to speed things up).

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
6/6/13 3:39 p.m.

I know where to get a hacked copy with free money if anyone's interested...

I'll post the link if ya want.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
6/6/13 4:35 p.m.

I've been meaning to post something about this game for a month or so now. I d'loaded it for free via app gratis, and it's great. Much better than I every would have expected for a game on my phone.
As expected, the most irritating thing is the fact that the AI players will move right into your door if you're in the way. The AI always owns the line.
The Viper ACR-X has tons of lateral grip, great brakes and you can steer it with your right thumb with ease.
And yeah, and Ausi city course is a pain in the butt since you can't cut corners to avoid AI drivers that don't know you're there.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver SuperDork
6/6/13 4:58 p.m.

OK, I'm lost. I searched "real racing 3" and came up with a bunch of titles, none of which are "real racing 3". There are a multitude of "real racing 3 cheats, tips, graphics, etc". Who makes this game, to zero in on it?

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
6/6/13 5:06 p.m.

Electronic Arts makes it.

Thus the fact that Porsches can appear in it (which sucks for anyone who is not EA)

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver SuperDork
6/6/13 5:29 p.m.

Had to google it. Sadly, my device (Motorola RAZR M) isn't compatible.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
6/6/13 8:42 p.m.

Mini driver, its a free game for smart phones and tablets that you can down load for freee. Hope the couple of people who down loaded it just knwo like it. I have been playing like mad...started at work yesterday, came home, went up to the bar for a few hours and was playing it There, then came home and played it for a couplemof more hours and got the insider at work today to download it and started playing it....and at least one perosn on here....hehehehehhe

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
6/6/13 8:47 p.m.

I played it for a good bit, I need to get back into it. I got sucked into a drag racing game and I really don't even like drag racing.

dj06482
dj06482 Dork
6/6/13 8:50 p.m.

I loved Real Racing 2, but haven't gotten very far with Real Racing 3.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver SuperDork
6/6/13 9:13 p.m.

In reply to ckosacranoid:

Yeah, I found it, but I got this:

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
6/6/13 9:37 p.m.

That sucks. It is a very fun game....I just totaled my vette just banging and clanging.... last night I had 27 repairs on my camero at one point just to see what I could damage....

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
6/7/13 7:27 a.m.

I enjoy that game lot, most of the AI's are a bit on the dumb side of the things, but the tracks are great. Dubai is also anther awesome track they have. I dont mind the damage to the cars, it kinda teaches kids that they cant/shouldn't try to bulldoze threw the pack.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
6/7/13 8:12 a.m.

I love it. I tried to d'load the update that get's the GM cars, but it crashed the app. I had to re-d'load it and start over, still without the GM cars. I'm ok with that though.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Reader
6/7/13 9:17 a.m.

Yes please

Conquest351 wrote: I know where to get a hacked copy with free money if anyone's interested... I'll post the link if ya want.
mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
6/7/13 9:21 a.m.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. The graphics are impressive to say the least. BUT- trail braking into a hot right hander to get my Focus RS to rotate the way I want doesn't seem to work as well as I'd like. Game progression seems PAINFULLY slow as well. Given those two things as caveats, it's a pretty good game overall. I think once I get more used to the controls I'll be a lot better off.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Reader
6/7/13 9:25 a.m.

Downloaded it last night- it's a fun game! And so far they aren't asking for money so you can go farther in the game.

Bulldozing the middle of the field is kind of fun, but it gets expensive.

Is there a way to view a track map before a race starts?

Volksrodden wrote: I enjoy that game lot, most of the AI's are a bit on the dumb side of the things, but the tracks are great. Dubai is also anther awesome track they have. I dont mind the damage to the cars, it kinda teaches kids that they cant/shouldn't try to bulldoze threw the pack.
ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
6/8/13 2:26 p.m.

Not that I know of for seeing what the map looks like before running. I had no issues withe down loads the other day with the upgrade they added.

Kukulkan
Kukulkan None
7/6/13 9:11 p.m.

I've been running RR3 for a few months, and it's quite addictive. I don't recommend this to anyone who has no free time, because it takes a while to learn it, and then you have to get new cars and learn more.

There are a few things to keep in mind if you want to play it for free.

1) Don't spend any Gold on Upgrades. You don't need the God Upgrades to win any of the races. But you do need to learn how to drive without the assists. The way they hook you into buying Gold is allowing you to spend the Gold you earn on silly things, like upgrades that you don't need. Then, when you get to where you need the Gold to buy cars that require Gold, you don't have it [or it will take you a month to earn it now that you have won all the easy matches].

Instead of spending Gold on Upgrades [yes, spend money on them until you can win, then drive the hell out of it], learn to drive without the Assists. It's hard as hell at first, but you get used to it very quickly.

2) Crash through the AIs on short [1-2 lap] races, because you have to if you want to win. But avoid them on races 3 laps or more, because you kill your car and they run you down at the end.

3) Have Patience. It's not the car's fault. They are all different, and that is what makes it fun [I wish they were all like that Lamborghini I just drove].

They have a new version out that lets you see where you rank with everyone else in the world, and also with some group that you are in [not sure how they group you, but it looks like it's based on your equipment, and maybe your time behind the wheel]. That's a wonderful thing, but it will bring you right down when you find out that your rank like 320,000th on the race you just ran, when you thought you were flying, lol.

It's the most awesome game on the planet [for an iPhone], and it's free, so it's bound to get big.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
7/6/13 9:27 p.m.

My suggestion for driving.

ALWAYS PASS ON THE INSIDE!!!

No really, ALWAYS! I'm not kidding.

Fun and challenging. Leading the tracks is a must. Patients is very useful.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
7/7/13 9:13 p.m.

They just released a upgrade this past week that added bezn and betly to the game and revamped the way things looknand damage and service of things which does make things a bit ewasier to play at least. Any pne else doing the game and how far are you in it.

Conquest351
Conquest351 UltraDork
7/8/13 8:21 a.m.

Hacked version...

http://androidgamehacks.info/website/real-racing-3-money-and-coins/

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mQcLeOse97b5QaPuKY62ce6IgnhuXsVp30i5B8PiDTBo1H0gllrcbp4Q0egTLKXn