eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
4/29/21 11:16 a.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to eastsideTim :

Sweet 8 pound 10 ounce baby jesus those are cool! Do I have to cancel my MTOD and open a new account to get them?!?

If the deal is still going on, I think you just need to convert your account to get them, and add a year?  

I idly looked on eBay, as I was debating whether to take them out of the plastic or not.  They are selling for more than a years subscription to MTOD.

Edit:  looks like the deal might still be on, and is valid for current subscribers:  https://www.motortrend.com/news/roadkill-rotsun-1971-datsun-240z-hot-wheels-bundle/

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
4/29/21 7:19 p.m.

Sweet. Still on the hunt for a C8.R to park next to the Ford GT racecar.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
4/29/21 11:09 p.m.

Those Integrales are sweet. I finally found one during a grocery store run for a case of water.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/30/21 12:24 a.m.

Looks like a subscription to MTOD and the two Rotsuns. I'm already sub'd. Can't seem to find a way just to get the cars. Am I overlooking something, or m I just retarded?

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
4/30/21 6:49 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Looks like a subscription to MTOD and the two Rotsuns. I'm already sub'd. Can't seem to find a way just to get the cars. Am I overlooking something

I think you need to extend your subscription, but I could be wrong.

j_tso
j_tso Reader
4/30/21 8:12 a.m.

You have to buy a whole year, then it's just "while supplies last."

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
4/30/21 8:19 a.m.
j_tso said:

You have to buy a whole year, then it's just "while supplies last."

I am thoroughly amazed they are going for $120+ on eBay right now, too, when a year subscription costs $45.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/30/21 12:25 p.m.

Never in a million years. 57 Sweptside Dodge pickup.

P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
5/1/21 1:06 p.m.

garage sale-ing. LMK right away if you want it. $20 plus shipping from MI

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
5/1/21 1:43 p.m.

I'll take that box, but I'm in the Detroit area every so often and can just grab it from you

P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
5/1/21 1:49 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

The toy car box, yeah?

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
5/1/21 2:45 p.m.
P3PPY said:

In reply to chandler :

The toy car box, yeah?

Yes sir

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
5/1/21 5:03 p.m.

I have a toy car storage box just like that, it's pretty sweet, had it since I was a kid. It's slightly broken in a couple spots but still holds cars nicely. I should dig it out and take pictures of all the cars in it.

P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
5/1/21 6:31 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

You got it! I'll send a better inventory soon, myself. Also not a pristine case by any means, but it's basically a time capsule back into the 80s, all of those cars are pretty old. 

update:

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
5/1/21 8:24 p.m.

Those older ones are in really good shape for their ages!

Powar
Powar UltraDork
5/13/21 9:00 a.m.

This arrived yesterday and looks awesome. It was my first RLC purchase in a couple of years.

jb229
jb229 New Reader
5/14/21 10:53 p.m.

late night grocery store run, it doesn't feel quite as weird as a grown man to rifle through the dollar hot wheels bin when nobody's around.  tonight's score: 2018 version of the 84 audi sport quattro  with the castrol livery.  it'll go well with the michelin livery delta integrale.  package is all beat up, it probably has actually just been sitting around there since 2018

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
5/15/21 2:01 p.m.

I've rifled through the Hot Wheels bin at the grocery store in broad daylight with no shame.

Made a Walmart run for some supplies this morning and snagged a Hot Wheels Mystery Machine out of the blue!

P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
5/16/21 10:11 a.m.

In reply to dxman92 :

Yeah I've even taken a seat right there in the kids aisle, sifting thru them

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
5/22/21 12:34 p.m.

I went to Target last week looking for a fold up card table and ended up coming home with a gold Mooneyes Dodge Dajiban and a blue 94 Audi RS3 wagon in blue!

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
5/24/21 9:10 p.m.

Finally found one of these in the wild, just need anther one to open. 

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/24/21 9:29 p.m.

I managed to get both yellow Volvos in one trip!

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
5/28/21 11:50 a.m.

Pretty good week, I bought a case of the German car culture set since I was worried it wouldn't be available.

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
5/28/21 9:54 p.m.
chandler said:

Pretty good week, I bought a case of the German car culture set since I was worried it wouldn't be available.

The hot wheels on the left. If you're able to find a whole set plus an extra brz. I'd pay for that

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
5/29/21 8:08 a.m.

I passed on the others but they are all gone now. I'll keep an eye out

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pmPE4WBr3v0an1hqAaHWDEESldZIFpp3Qz5W9HMw64mZe8voZYcn0ILAJETjBOfi