Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/1/21 11:30 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

Wow! That's rad! 

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
8/6/21 10:03 a.m.

Almost off topic, anyone going to the Detroit Hot Wheels Legends tour tomorrow? 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
8/6/21 10:43 a.m.

No, I'd forgotten about it and spent all week there so going to look at a couple real cars tomorrow.

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Reader
8/9/21 4:03 p.m.

Picked up two more this morning while at WM getting a thermometer and cold/flu meds.

Im 39 and still love to shop for these things.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
8/13/21 4:08 p.m.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
8/14/21 3:04 p.m.

On the hunt for that white Civic Type R. I snagged a Matchbox Mercedes CLA Shooting Brake today while buying supplies at Dollar Tree. Matchbox has a pretty bitchin 75 Caprice Coupe in green I've never seen before!

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/15/21 8:06 p.m.

My daughter scored a Cybertruck this weekend.  Still cost only $0.99 to boot.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
8/15/21 8:58 p.m.

I picked up a Cybertruck today.  Figured the Hot Wheels version of Elon's April Fool's joke would be the only way to ever own one.laugh

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
8/15/21 9:53 p.m.

Are they in any specific store? Or just any standard Toy isle?

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
8/18/21 1:11 p.m.

A few of my latest additions. 

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
8/18/21 6:34 p.m.

Sunday was the semiannual Hot Wheels show in Dayton. I Skipped the last few for reasons, but decided I wanted to find some Miatas and BRZ if lucky.

Turns out I got pretty lucky! The Datsun Z was a door prize I won as soon as I got there, barely walked away from the hopper with all the slips.

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
8/19/21 12:25 p.m.

Nice!

amerson
amerson New Reader
8/20/21 1:16 a.m.

Nice collection! The Fairlady looks cool.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltimaDork
8/20/21 7:47 a.m.

A guy came by my office yesterday and saw my Hot Wheels, it prompted him to tell me about his "inheritance".  Apparently his recently deceased father collected HW for many years.  He has 75(!) big plastic totes full of cars (all in their original packaging).   Anyone have a line on how to fairly dispose of such a collection?   Even at face value that has to run something above $20,000.  At least 3-4 totes are labeled Treasure Hunt so there are those as well.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/20/21 8:42 a.m.

Anyone been to Wal-Marx lately? They are bare. Like 5 cars on a J hook bare. And Matchbox? Forget it. At least it's that way in North Eastern Eastern Illinois. 

And it's not just die cast, its...everything but LEGO. Weird. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
8/20/21 8:50 a.m.
KyAllroad said:

A guy came by my office yesterday and saw my Hot Wheels, it prompted him to tell me about his "inheritance".  Apparently his recently deceased father collected HW for many years.  He has 75(!) big plastic totes full of cars (all in their original packaging).   Anyone have a line on how to fairly dispose of such a collection?   Even at face value that has to run something above $20,000.  At least 3-4 totes are labeled Treasure Hunt so there are those as well.

I've bought a few to resell. I pay about .40 on the dollar and usually get what I want out of the collection and break even. There are buyers like myself on Craigslist and whenever someone calls me they always say it's $50k worth. It's usually $5k worth. 

That kinda came off as negative but there are few cars that are worth anything, we all hear about the candy striper gasser and RLC Silverado but those are outliers. Most are worth .25.

edit: I'm not always right lol, his may be a jackpot. I just have a ton of experience with these collections.

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
8/20/21 11:25 a.m.

At last, I have found the Flying Pig... I really just went to the store for yogurt and whisky. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
8/20/21 11:32 a.m.

That casting is soooo bitchin

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/20/21 1:35 p.m.

Scores at 5Below and Miejer's however. 

And yes, the return of the Poop King.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
8/20/21 2:45 p.m.

I snagged two Poop Kings. One for work and one for home. Snagged one at Wal-Mart and one at Five Below. The Wal-Mart I got it at was fully stocked earlier in the week and cleaned out when I stopped in last night.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
8/21/21 10:18 a.m.

Wow! Two White Lightnings at one store is a big deal!

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
8/24/21 3:07 p.m.

Some of my favorite things wrapped into one package... Turbos, g bodies, and neighbor haters. laugh

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) UberDork
8/24/21 4:00 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Welp..... Looks like I will have to begin my Poop King 2.0 Quest!laugh

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/24/21 7:17 p.m.

In reply to logdog (Forum Supporter) :

I'll keep my eyes peeled.  There  was just this one when I picked it up. I remember how "coveted" the original Poop King was. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hJwXuN4jNcN9QMP7LNMMu5yttv1yYhQpAqZtfEdWM8DEvTL7DtnyMRVsY01ZzF5t