Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/9/17 7:09 p.m.

Can't link a pic, but Matchbox has Tuk-Tuks, the 3 wheeled Indian taxis. Yes, Tuk-Tuks. Gave it to my Indian friend. He freaked out.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
1/23/18 3:35 p.m.

I was going to start a thread about how I rebodied a pickup Saturday.  

Instead, here's the end result:  Matchbox '58 GMC

I saw a Matchbox Color Changer pickup, and snuck it in the cart.  But, once home, I didn't like the dark to light green color, or the plastic body.  I still put it on a shelf at work.  A friend saw it, and we talked about Hot Wheels and Matchbox.  A few days later, he brought me a metal-bodied brown GMC.  Comparing the two, we noted that the plastic bodied truck had a metal chassis.   The metal bodied truck had a plastic chassis.  You see where this is headed.

The truck has a real nice heft to it now, and I prefer the new tan interior to the original gray.  One day I'll remove the "Sheriff" tampos and paint on some headlights.  I might modify the bed a bit, making the box fit it better.  

Getting the result above was as easy as drilling the rivets and swapping.  But the parts are not identical between the two trucks, and the plastic body and chassis will take some cutting and trimming to make a complete truck, if I ever get around to it.  I might just keep them as spare parts.

No, I didn't need a new hobby.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/23/18 4:24 p.m.

Oh boy... I have a fairly large pile I've added over the past year or so, but never took photos due to how difficult it's been for me. 

But now... devil

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/23/18 6:24 p.m.

Snagged this ATS-V R and the City Turbo the other day. If you look close, you can see the Moto-Compo scooter in the back.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
1/26/18 12:31 p.m.

This VW with a skateboard in the bed.

Dave
Dave Reader
1/26/18 12:45 p.m.

Super cheap swap meet finds

Ogle / Reliant Scimitar GTE - Whizzwheels Corgi Juniors

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/26/18 12:54 p.m.

In reply to slantvaliant :

The plastic body would make a great custom slot car body. 

Carson
Carson SuperDork
5/20/18 3:34 p.m.

I just picked up the same Honda City Turbo that Appleseed picked up a few months ago.

It was at the counter at the parts store, made me smile on an otherwise frustrating day of chasing electrical and fuel issues. 

There was a Mazda REPU too, but I didn't grab it.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
5/20/18 7:25 p.m.

Got a BMW m2 today in what appears to be Laguna seca blue-ish today. 

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
5/20/18 8:07 p.m.
MazdaFace said:

Got a BMW m2 today in what appears to be Laguna seca blue-ish today. 

If you’re shopping at the WalMart in MW, just know that I go through that store with a fine tooth comb several times per week. Yesterday morning at 4am most recently. If there’s a particular car you’re looking for, let me know. My Hot Wheels collecting can border on obsessive at times. 

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
5/20/18 9:07 p.m.

In reply to Cousin_Eddie :

Will do. I was actually at the Weatherford one today though. Stopped by there after the car show in Hudson oaks 

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
5/20/18 9:50 p.m.

PMRacing
PMRacing SuperDork
5/29/18 9:05 a.m.

Found a Super Treasure Hunt Porsche yesterday!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/29/18 11:08 a.m.

In reply to PMRacing :

Bastard!

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
5/29/18 12:31 p.m.

This Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA just joined my workshop fleet.  I don’t plan to sell any of these and they aren’t investments so I take them out of their packaging.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
5/29/18 12:34 p.m.

The McLaren P1 looks serious.

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
5/29/18 3:01 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/29/18 4:53 p.m.

Is that the R31 Skyline? Man, I need that. 

vwcorvette
vwcorvette SuperDork
5/30/18 8:46 p.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

This Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA just joined my workshop fleet.  I don’t plan to sell any of these and they aren’t investments so I take them out of their packaging.

I need one of these. Where can they be found? 

j_tso
j_tso New Reader
5/31/18 7:24 a.m.

In reply to vwcorvette :

The GTA is now part of the specially packaged "Euro Speed" line.  I first saw it as part of the Forza line.  It's one of the fancy $5 models with rubber wheels.

Around me they're in Target (and Toys R Us before they shut down), not the grocery store where I pick up the cheap stuff.

I just picked up a 190E Evo II from that line.

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
5/31/18 9:26 a.m.
vwcorvette said:
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

I need one of these. Where can they be found? 

The Alfa has been released in three different times by Mattel so far. It's one of my favorite castings.

(From the collection of Cousin Eddie)

The silver one in particular was released in the Car Culture-Cars and Donuts series in 2017.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
6/1/18 8:10 p.m.

Just found my all time favorite car. Weatherford Walmart

octavious
octavious Dork
6/1/18 8:45 p.m.

I have a bunch at my office on display I’ll snap a pic for you guys Monday. 

But do any any of you have a 05-08 Mustang GT convertible?  If I’m really getting greedy and white one with a tan top? 

(It’s a long story, but I know I won’t have this Mustang fore ever, come on it’s GRM, but my son and I are taking a trip this summer and I want to give him one of the car we are taking the trip in) 

Cousin_Eddie
Cousin_Eddie HalfDork
6/5/18 2:12 p.m.

Yesterday was a good day for me. In one grocery store I found 2 Nissan Skyline Super Treasure Hunts, 2 Gold 50th anniversary Camaros, and a Fiat Treasure Hunt.

I had been wanting one of those Skyline Super Treasure Hunts bad. Finding two of them at the same place was over the top.

Spitsix
Spitsix HalfDork
6/9/18 12:50 a.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2EDlaMYPV5QWk4onqQ9tlc6IjyUzSLYPlpS42i6s6QNDS3ebO15F55YZmARyMMTI