MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
11/24/18 4:17 p.m.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
11/24/18 8:19 p.m.

My current chase is the GreenLight Ramp Trucks. There is a Chevy and a Ford version.

These Ford Trans Am racers are sold through an outside reseller which makes them tough to find, I haven’t corralled the chases yet.

These are available through retail, Meijer and Hobby Lobby mostly. The chase versions of these haven’t yet fallen in my hands either. There is a Australia only version of the F350 and Falcon that goes for $100 so I’ve not done that either. Hope to find a trade on that one haha!

Both of these are available at retail, this was the first use of the Chevy cab on the ramp truck. Again no chases yet.

Neither of these are retail, I have the Smokey’s Garage chase coming soon.

This is an interesting one, the chase is naked with green tires. Also not available at retail and really only eBay at this point.

Here is another Hobby only release, the chase has the normal Greenlight GreenMachine green wheels.

This was a retail find that made me happy, I pulled these out of the same case. The GreenMachine here has green lips on the cobra. Pretty cool.

And the last release I have, found these both at Meijer..

lots of cool versions coming, I’ll add as I find them!

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
11/24/18 8:52 p.m.

That Ford ramp truck could be turned into the GRM ramp truck pretty easily.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
11/24/18 8:53 p.m.
stuart in mn said:

That Ford ramp truck could be turned into the GRM ramp truck pretty easily.

I have one apart on my work bench lol.

logdog
logdog UltraDork
11/29/18 8:02 p.m.

I just picked up this Scion Xb laugh

Brian
Brian MegaDork
11/30/18 6:27 a.m.

I will get back with a pic, but I have a Red/blue “glass” Countach pace car. There is also a white/red glass version but when I looked all of those had trashed cards being in a bin and not a peg. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
11/30/18 9:15 a.m.

The 2019 B cases have the SWB Quattro in them, very cool!

Brian
Brian MegaDork
12/1/18 8:39 a.m.

As mentioned, red pace car Countach. 

And this randomly showed up on my porch a year ago, a ‘97 John Andretti NASCAR Hot Wheels. 

logdog
logdog UltraDork
12/1/18 8:49 a.m.

Picked this up last night at Wegmans. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/1/18 9:07 a.m.

In reply to gamby :

I don't know about value, I just bought the hell out of those early Skylines because Skyline. Matchbox also released a Hakosuka. In grey with two different , barely visibl, interiors. One was a regular Skyline, one was a race GT-R. They have detailed engines, but the hood doesn't open.  People only found that out by opening them up.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
12/1/18 10:10 a.m.

The interior is also different, one has harnesses and one doesn’t. Cool details.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
12/1/18 10:24 a.m.

In reply to logdog :

I’ve seen that one and would have bought multiple if it was normal and not Baja style. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/1/18 12:14 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

Yup. That was the only way to tell which engine you had. It is a real pain to see in the package.  

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
12/3/18 12:13 p.m.

1961 Falcon Ranchero 

It goes well with the '65.

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
12/3/18 12:17 p.m.

I actually scored this last Month, but finally get to open it today when the kid gets home. 

Bonus this year, the box folks out into a track

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
12/3/18 12:19 p.m.

I am sad that ALL the Mazda 787Bs in the Circuit Legends set have bent rear wings due to a bad bubble pack design.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
12/3/18 12:25 p.m.

In reply to JamesMcD :

I noticed that too, but after getting it out of the package I noticed that the engine cover comes off.  Just think of it as track side repairs.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/3/18 7:17 p.m.

I shouldn't have been skeptical.  All the local haunts are out of the Circut Legends.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
12/3/18 7:20 p.m.
JamesMcD said:

I am sad that ALL the Mazda 787Bs in the Circuit Legends set have bent rear wings due to a bad bubble pack design.

I'm working on a YouTube video for how to fix that. Got 3 on the workbench filming now.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/3/18 7:35 p.m.

Has anyone checked out baremetaleHW on YouTubes?  Guy does amazing work restoring and modifying toy cars. 

Here's one where he builds working 4x4 suspension. 

Working suspension

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
12/3/18 10:19 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Has anyone checked out baremetaleHW on YouTubes?  Guy does amazing work restoring and modifying toy cars. 

Here's one where he builds working 4x4 suspension. 

Working suspension

His channel is great! Also check out WheelsNThangs and Diecast Resurrection

And I started mine up as well at Plays With Cars

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/3/18 11:03 p.m.

Will check it out for sure.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
12/3/18 11:13 p.m.
Javelin said:
JamesMcD said:

I'm working on a YouTube video for how to fix that. Got 3 on the workbench filming now.

My how-to fix it video!

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UberDork
12/4/18 6:55 a.m.
MazdaFace said:

I saw that car at the store the other day when I was rummaging through the bin.  Back before Justin happened, I would have bought it, too.  This time I put it back in the bin.  Although I'm thinking now that what I should have done is buy it, drill a hole though it, weld it to a metal rod, and stick it in the ground by my mailbox as a warning.  

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
12/4/18 9:17 a.m.

Got an odd request for the denizens of this thread.  Earlier this year, Matchbox had a Jeep Grand Cherokee in the gold-ish-brown color that many of them came in.  I could use one as part of a cake topper, but haven’t seen any in stores for a bit, and none in a quick check of eBay. If anyone sees one during your hunts before Christmas, could you please snag it?  Would be happy to cover the cost of it, plus shipping, plus a bit extra.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IWmrZVQZmVF6snJCrcjobhACu3UnQnQ6dYDzh6oc9HSf7QepyjI1cDDRVknEL6uJ