Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/3/19 2:39 a.m.

I wonder why Majorette never took off on the states? Their tractor trailers in the 80s were far superior in detail than anything from Matchbox or HotWheels.

Esoteric Nixon - Jordan
Esoteric Nixon - Jordan UltraDork
2/3/19 3:50 a.m.

I wish I knew. Did Wal*Marts carry them ever? Our town got one in '95, and I don't recall ever seeing them there. Hills/Ames and Toys R Us were the places I remember buying them.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/4/19 9:42 a.m.

I picked up two snazzy acrylic display cases from my FLHS and started putting my Hot Wheels and other diecasts in them: Miniatures Monday Episode 010. So far I have some of my JDM stuff (including Tomy cars), LeMans racers, original 60's redlines, and my super awesome SCCA Trans Am collection.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/5/19 12:46 a.m.

ZAMACs are out .

BFH_Garage
BFH_Garage New Reader
2/8/19 5:05 p.m.

An odd pairing, but really like both of them. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
2/9/19 10:23 a.m.
Esoteric Nixon - Jordan said:

I wish I knew. Did Wal*Marts carry them ever? Our town got one in '95, and I don't recall ever seeing them there. Hills/Ames and Toys R Us were the places I remember buying them.

Walmart never had them, TRU and Ames/Zayres is where I got mine as a kid. 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/11/19 9:03 a.m.

I finally got the new Hot Wheels Car Culture Gulf Racing set!

P3PPY
P3PPY Reader
2/14/19 8:27 p.m.

for Valentine's Day i took my wife antiquing and then we stopped by Arby's on the way home. While there I found a bunch of misc hotwheels/matchbox cars and thought of this thread which I've never opened before :P

it's at a consignment place, the little red barn (i think) by Lansing Mall. Oh, little red schoolhouse, she says. don't feel like backspacing.

If anyone wants something let me know, I'll go get it. There were some off the wall cars I've not seen before like a citroen and a rolls or bentley (is there even a difference)?) - stuff I don't pay attention to

There was also a Butterfingers Chevelle still in its blister pack. haha that was cool. Oh, the 67ish chevelle in this top pic is from an electric car track; you can see the contacts on the bottom

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/14/19 9:06 p.m.

That GT40 and Buick Riviera  are awesome.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
2/19/19 1:37 p.m.

Got these yesterday:  

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/19/19 1:53 p.m.
P3PPY

The white car is a Buick Riviera and it's an Aurora Thunderjet slot car. So is the red car with white stripes (Ferrari 250 GTO) in the same bin. I would absolutely take both of those! See if they have any other slot cars as well.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/19/19 1:53 p.m.

In reply to Aaron_King :

That GT40 is sweet! I need to find one...

Dave
Dave Reader
2/19/19 1:58 p.m.
P3PPY said:

for Valentine's Day i took my wife antiquing and then we stopped by Arby's on the way home. While there I found a bunch of misc hotwheels/matchbox cars and thought of this thread which I've never opened before :P

it's at a consignment place, the little red barn (i think) by Lansing Mall. Oh, little red schoolhouse, she says. don't feel like backspacing.

If anyone wants something let me know, I'll go get it. There were some off the wall cars I've not seen before like a citroen and a rolls or bentley (is there even a difference)?) - stuff I don't pay attention to

There was also a Butterfingers Chevelle still in its blister pack. haha that was cool. Oh, the 67ish chevelle in this top pic is from an electric car track; you can see the contacts on the bottom

That little green Austin is really neat. I bet that is worth more than the $1 asked for.

P3PPY
P3PPY Reader
2/19/19 6:41 p.m.

In reply to Dave :

hey man you ask, i buy.

For the rest of y'all I'll tell my wife we need to go back; she'll appreciate the opportunity. This time I'll try to not get sick from Arby's afterward

BFH_Garage
BFH_Garage New Reader
2/19/19 6:59 p.m.
P3PPY said:

Since some others have chimed in, I might as well too. I'm a sucker for older Porsche toys... I'd take the two red 911's (third shelf up) and what looks like a gray 959 with Porsche in yellow that is in the plastic bin. I'd also take one of the silver R8's on the fourth shelf. 

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
2/19/19 9:27 p.m.

I haven't posted in awhile, but doesn't mean I haven't bought anything.  And wanted to warn everyone that the Hot Wheel collector show in Dayton OH twice a year is coming this Sunday 9-3pm. 

IBEW Hall 6550 Poe Ave, Dayton, OH 45414, near Scene 75.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
2/19/19 10:25 p.m.

Saw this on the rack last night but did not pull the trigger. Seems a bit much at that price. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
2/21/19 9:04 a.m.

Found another Super Treasure Hunt VW T2 yesterday. Surprised not bent or damaged card even though it was in a wire bin of death.

Brotus7
Brotus7 HalfDork
2/21/19 4:20 p.m.

Recent acquisitions

P3PPY
P3PPY Reader
2/21/19 8:00 p.m.
chandler said:

Found another Super Treasure Hunt VW T2 yesterday. Surprised not bent or damaged card even though it was in a wire bin of death.

I'm more interested in the Chinese food score you made! That looks tasty

P3PPY
P3PPY Reader
2/21/19 8:31 p.m.

Alright ladies and gents, I got some of what was requested and a couple other ones that I thought were cool. PM me and we'll work out getting them to yous.

Sadly the really cool Riviera was already gone, Javelin, as was the green Austin, Dave, but the other Ferrari slot car was still there. It's missing three tires but otherwise in really good shape from what I can tell.

BFH_Garage, one of the two red Porsches is in super good condition, especially for being from 1974! The other red one is one of those 10/$3 deals, but it's yours nonetheless. I got distracted and didn't remember the rest of your requests. I'll make it back again someday and grab those too.

Appleseed, were you actually wanting that GT40? I picked it up.

This orange thing is a 442. Haha box flares galore!

Here are the other three I picked up. An XKE, which is mostly just cool because my daughter Shelby's song Hey Little Cobra mentions an XKE :), a  VW camper van that I thought I might try to flip on eBay but it occurs to me that my little girls LOVE camper toys ever since we stayed in one last year. Maybe they get that one -- and a Lesney Ford Corsair.

Here are some better pictures of the rack. It's thinnin out and nothing new has come in yet. I'll be doing more vintage shopping soon since my wife wants to decorate our future house (one week and counting) with vintage stuff and looking at the toys is my reward for coming along :)

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/21/19 8:41 p.m.

Yes! I totally want that Ferrari!

Were there any other slot cars at all?

P3PPY
P3PPY Reader
2/21/19 8:48 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

No, I looked through all the boxes and asked the ladies up front if I was missing any either. Whoever this consigner is must have gotten a cool collection all at once. I wonder what already sold before I put eyes on it.

If I come across any more in my travels that look older-bodied (metal) do you want me to just pick them up? Or I guess we could swap numbers.

BFH_Garage
BFH_Garage New Reader
2/21/19 9:50 p.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

Thanks for picking up the 911's. I sent a message, but based on previous attempts, I'm not positive people are receiving them. 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
2/21/19 9:52 p.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

Slot cars all have plastic bodies. Metal is too heavy for the cars to race. Shoot me an email to amx310 at Gmail dot com.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Al30Z28YhlSLnd4G6qqkBzVwe8Ssi8pnmxSayltoi5A2uZALXobcsbe76OvPIhU3