CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
8/12/22 7:39 p.m.

For my 2006 E250. Phone's are an iPhone 8+ (mine) and 10 (wife's).

I want something that you know, works. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/12/22 7:43 p.m.

Magnetic Phone Car Mount,APPS2Car Universal Dashboard Windshield Industrial-Strength Suction Cup Car Phone Mount Holder with Adjustable Telescopic Arm,6 Strong Magnets,for All Cell Phones https://a.co/d/bBshRaY

Maybe it'll work...

Had it on my dash for22k miles. I like it. 

Edit: picture 

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
8/12/22 7:59 p.m.

Thanks! I have wondered about the suction cup style... did you mount it on the windshield? I'd like something I can mount on the dash but wasn't sure if that's a possibility.

Panavise 75107-1201 for the vehicle mount.

Proclip 511667 for the phone mount.

I have this same setup in my 2010 Tahoe with my Note 20 Ultra and its rock solid. The steel bracket is vehicle specific and the phone mount allows you to slide your phone out of it with one hand.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/12/22 8:17 p.m.
CyberEric said:

Thanks! I have wondered about the suction cup style... did you mount it on the windshield? I'd like something I can mount on the dash but wasn't sure if that's a possibility.

Its not so much a suction cup as vacuum aided goo. There was a metal plate i put on tge dash first, then the mount on top. It ain't budged. I hate things on the glass, so....

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
8/12/22 8:20 p.m.

I like NATO mounts. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
8/12/22 10:03 p.m.

I like mine in the console. 

WillG80
WillG80 Reader
8/13/22 9:18 a.m.

I have this version of the Apps2car mount.

Things I like about it:

-comes with cleaning wipes for the dash and super strong 3M adhesive patches. It's very sturdy once mounted. 
-with the 2 pack you can mount one in multiple cars. It's nice to have the same mount in all your vehicles. 
-the magnet is super strong so the phone won't fall. 
-inexpensive at $16 for the two pack.

Things I don't like:

-you have to install the metal disk on the back of your phone. Not a big deal but something to be aware of. 
-my phone kept rotating. I installed the metal disk near the bottom of my phone by the charging port. The weight of the phone sticking up above the mount kept wanting to slowly rotate the phone while driving. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/13/22 10:03 a.m.

iOttie has some good stuff.  I used the CD-slot #4 for years.  Just recently I updated to the CD-slot #5.  I came across the newer #5 at Target and I liked that it has "bottom feet" that the #4 does not have.  

I like the #5 a lot.  Since available at Target, try one and return it if not good for you.  Mine is used daily in my Prius.  I just walked out an tried it in my '06 F250.  Seems fine.  But, I don't really use my CD players.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/13/22 1:22 p.m.

this is what swmbo and I use. I don't like magnets, and the click one holds together good for me. 

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
8/13/22 5:01 p.m.

Thanks everyone! I think the iOttie that Mndsm recommended is probably the best fit for me as I don't like magnets (phone rotates too much for me). Really appreciate the help here.

Although, Keith's got me thinking that maybe the REAL solution is buying an E39 M5 to replace the E250. That's the GRM way right?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7KrNAaiNGR2cMcm0J93A3G3QuYuY3k5U9Jpmm4yPf05qNo7touelWgAwoAmcbe1H