Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
7/25/20 4:06 p.m.

Has died

Held the World Record for most TV hours on air. Huh.

Margie

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/25/20 4:37 p.m.

Wow. This year is taking out a load of people. 

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
7/25/20 4:54 p.m.

2020, you suck.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/25/20 5:35 p.m.

A lot!

professional no matter how idiotic you were.  Good run, go rest....

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
7/25/20 6:14 p.m.

Never heard of the guy until my GF at the time and  I visited my GF's grandma, a wonderful old Italian woman living in Point Pleasant Beach, who watched Live! with Regis and Kathie Lee, circa 1986. 

Quite the entertainer.  RIP.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/27/20 9:37 a.m.

I loved Regis, he was a terrific entertainer who could make almost anything amusing. His bits to kill time on Letterman were great. He was probably the last of the old school New York celebrities who would go out in public without drivers, security details etc and always be gracious if fans saw him. One night I was walking back to Grand Central and I saw him trying to get a cab. I don't generally stop people but I heard a gaggle of housewives yell It's Regis and run towards him. I watched the spectacle and while he looked tired and a bit bothered he was friendly and professional signing autographs and posing for a pic. I volunteered to take a group pic and tried to prod them towards their train. He seemed appreciative of the help. 

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
7/27/20 10:26 a.m.

One of the best ever at what he did. Funny, gracious, and able to put people at ease. RIP, Reege.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TlPYZSTjokr1S2OvmqDTUMBXg5hmISG83gyhuyJ6jtvYtdhA7o6EW2PV8MDIOsDh