8 9 10
barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
7/28/20 4:09 p.m.
MadScientistMatt said:
MadScientistMatt said:

My own update - the raft my parents had was theoretically large enough for me to take the kids around a small lake with, but just barely. It also had a pinhole leak (or, quite possibly, developed one after being put in the water). As it was several decades old, I wasn't sure it was worth patching. So I ordered this:

Something prompted me to check on what these are selling for now. IIRC I paid something like $167 shipped for the raft. Now most retailers are listing them as out of stock, and a few sellers on Amazon are asking $400 for new ones! Guess I wasn't the only one who had that idea.

I haven't looked at this thread because I don't have funding for anything other than the thunderbird. This though, I have that boat! Or, wife does. She's an enthusiastic angler who doesn't get much practice so I got her this for valentines almost 5 years ago. It hasn't been used since our son was born 4 years ago. Maybe time to sell it? Not that she's ever let me. 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
7/28/20 4:59 p.m.
barefootskater said:

I haven't looked at this thread because I don't have funding for anything other than the thunderbird. This though, I have that boat! Or, wife does. She's an enthusiastic angler who doesn't get much practice so I got her this for valentines almost 5 years ago. It hasn't been used since our son was born 4 years ago. Maybe time to sell it? Not that she's ever let me. 

I've been taking my son out to a local lake on that boat a couple times a month, sometimes my daughter too. It's been fun.

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
7/28/20 5:05 p.m.

In reply to MadScientistMatt :

It is fun. Way more fun though with a battery powered inflator. The manual one it came with works, but boating should be relaxing. It never is, but it should be. My kid sister wants to go fishing so maybe I'll get mine out soon. 

It was a while back, but yep.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/28/20 5:46 p.m.

Some days i spend $10 on some brake line clips, some days i spend $6000 to cut metal 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Dork
7/28/20 5:52 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

When are you going to be taking orders?

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/28/20 6:14 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

As soon as i figure out how to use it

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Dork
7/28/20 6:17 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

awesome. awesome to the max. - Imgflip

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
7/28/20 6:56 p.m.
Mndsm said:

Some days are good, some days are bad, some days you buy 3 Nintendos 

How did I miss this before???

I have an AV-modded Famicom. I love that thing. I still want a Famicom Disk System. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/28/20 9:24 p.m.
Tony Sestito said:
Mndsm said:

Some days are good, some days are bad, some days you buy 3 Nintendos 

How did I miss this before???

I have an AV-modded Famicom. I love that thing. I still want a Famicom Disk System. 

I'm easy to ignore. 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
7/29/20 8:13 a.m.
barefootskater said:

In reply to MadScientistMatt :

It is fun. Way more fun though with a battery powered inflator. The manual one it came with works, but boating should be relaxing. It never is, but it should be. My kid sister wants to go fishing so maybe I'll get mine out soon. 

I tried using a battery powered inflator that didn't work. It can't seem to push air through the valves - I think it's for air mattresses instead. I'll see if I can get a bigger one.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/29/20 8:50 a.m.

My parents vacation home is only about 3.5 hours away, without stops. We've been going more often and for longer, since the wifi is better there than it is at home so I can work from there. 

I had already had a bunch of clothes up there - stuff that would have been donated normally. Well, I finally bit the bullet on new underwear and 2 sunshirts to leave up there. Now when we go, my packing list is this: 

1. Sunglasses
  2. Mask
  3. Car Keys
  4. Wallet
  5. Cell Phone
  6. Work Computer
8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3IhD3nEii6te9Zca2D1ciNipp50MtgCoRxPdV5sLfsb4ibTDYfjQbbyNNj6WrAt0