5 6 7 8 9
kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
4/22/20 6:37 p.m.
kazoospec said:
Aaron_King said:

Taking out a loan against my house for an old English car is not a bad idea right?

No Reserve: 1991 Lotus Esprit X180R

Just be sure you fit.  A buddy of mine is a classic car appraiser (talk about a great gig) and says he loved these until the first time he had to try to wedge himself into one.  I guess it was one of those "never meet your heros" moments.  Apparently a quick buzz around the block to ensure everything worked was all he could and wanted to do.  

As for me, I haven't bought anything huge, just an endless stream of little stuff needed to keep making progress on the model railroad I'm building for my son.  This has been happening a lot lately:

Prime-nesia : funny

Today, for example, I paid $14 for an N Scale Jeep which, when it arrives, will be about the size of a nickel.  

LarryNH (Forum Supporter)
LarryNH (Forum Supporter) Reader
4/22/20 7:16 p.m.
stanger_missle (Forum Supporter) said:

I may of purchased 25lbs of bulk candy on Amazon yesterday. Gummi bears, Mike and Ikes, Hot Tamales and Good and Plenty. 

If I hadn't read this I wouldn't have known about bulk candy on Amazon.  5 pounds of red Juju coins coming next week.

preach
preach Reader
4/23/20 6:03 a.m.

I bought a quick jack.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
4/23/20 3:45 p.m.

I heard there was a shortage of yeast going on. So I put in an order for one of these with plenty of refills, while I still can.

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/23/20 4:20 p.m.

I ordered a bmx bike this morning after spending all day yesterday trying to decide what I wanted. Then i got an email saying they didn't actually have it in stock. So I spent all afternoon looking at bikes then ordered a different one.

This all started Monday by looking at gravel bikes, at least I ended up spending significantly less going this route. 

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/23/20 4:38 p.m.

I bought a can of this - not sure this is wild coronavirus spending yet.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) UltimaDork
4/23/20 5:51 p.m.

In reply to MadScientistMatt :

I have my mother colony in my fridge.  If you're desprate I can send you some.

In reply to Shadeux (Forum Supporter):

Did you ever get your motorcycle?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
4/23/20 6:33 p.m.

In reply to LarryNH (Forum Supporter) :

Ferrara Pan has an outlet store in Forest Park, IL and I got hooked on their jawbreakers (buy 2 one pound bags) for a while until I walked in one day and the lady looks at me and says; 2# of jawbreakers today?   Then I cut myself off after buying a 5# bag.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/23/20 7:38 p.m.
EvanB (Forum Supporter) said:

I ordered a bmx bike this morning after spending all day yesterday trying to decide what I wanted. Then i got an email saying they didn't actually have it in stock. So I spent all afternoon looking at bikes then ordered a different one.

This all started Monday by looking at gravel bikes, at least I ended up spending significantly less going this route. 

So what did you get?

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) MegaDork
4/23/20 7:39 p.m.

I'm saving my money until after this is over. I want to go places. I want to convert dollars into smoke and noise and feel changes in acceleration, in more ways than one.

That said, I did buy a few things for the boat.
A new hatch cover for the bilge. The other one wasn't water tight any longer. 
A nifty float switch for the bilge, as the other one was broken.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
4/23/20 8:13 p.m.

I bought a 107 year old copy of Life magazine because I just learned that my Great Grandfather was an Oakland dealer in 1913. 

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
4/23/20 8:29 p.m.

Not a purchase per se, but I did pull the trigger to have Fred here sent from Texas to Ohio.

And we also adopted a new pup 

Maybe I should use this time to write a Country song...

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/23/20 8:35 p.m.
LarryNH (Forum Supporter) said:
stanger_missle (Forum Supporter) said:

I may of purchased 25lbs of bulk candy on Amazon yesterday. Gummi bears, Mike and Ikes, Hot Tamales and Good and Plenty. 

If I hadn't read this I wouldn't have known about bulk candy on Amazon.  5 pounds of red Juju coins coming next week.

Somehow I became 8 years old again?

25lbs of candy and a cheap knife

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/23/20 8:47 p.m.
Mndsm said:

So what did you get?

I initially ordered a leftover 2018 Haro Midway but it turns out they sold it a couple days ago and didn't update the website. 

So I ordered this: https://www.planetbmx.com/shop/fit-2018-spriet-bike-navy-blue-20-75-tt.html

Mostly because I liked how it looks and I have no idea what I am looking for but wanted something with decent components. 

John Welsh (Forum Supporter)
John Welsh (Forum Supporter) Mod Squad
4/23/20 10:03 p.m.
Cooper_Tired said:

Not a purchase per se, but I did pull the trigger to have Fred here sent from Texas to Ohio.

And we also adopted a new pup 

Maybe I should use this time to write a Country song...

Still a lot of opportunity to include momma or trains or prison or gettin drunk in your country and western song

If the new dog needs a name maybe Darlin. 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/23/20 11:33 p.m.

2 crazy cymbals, the left is the new 26 inch model

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
4/23/20 11:47 p.m.

This happened. (The BMW, smartasses)

Needs a little cosmetic work... and for tracks to be open.

bgkast (Forum Supporter)
bgkast (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
4/24/20 12:12 a.m.

Almost $500 in hose, fittings, filters and pressure regulators. And that was after sales and shopping around. AN stuff is spendy!

former520
former520 HalfDork
4/24/20 12:21 a.m.
Mndsm said:

So what did you get?

I initially ordered a leftover 2018 Haro Midway but it turns out they sold it a couple days ago and didn't update the website. 

So I ordered this: https://www.planetbmx.com/shop/fit-2018-spriet-bike-navy-blue-20-75-tt.html

Mostly because I liked how it looks and I have no idea what I am looking for but wanted something with decent components. 

90s freestyle steet kid here.  Looking at the PK Ripper in 27.5 or 29 to ride around with my kids.  They have motorcylces, but do not respect regular bikes.  Need to change that.

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/24/20 5:46 a.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

It was picked up Wednesday morning. I have no ETA on delivery. It's possible it could arrive today?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/24/20 7:10 a.m.

In reply to EvanB (Forum Supporter) :

That looks like a well spec'd bike for the price. Good pull. 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
4/24/20 8:19 a.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

In reply to MadScientistMatt :

I have my mother colony in my fridge.  If you're desprate I can send you some.

In reply to Shadeux (Forum Supporter):

Did you ever get your motorcycle?

Thanks, but I still have a few envelopes and plan to pinch some of the dough next time I bake to use as a starter. The item I'd ordered is a beer brewing starter kit. Meant to post a picture but it didn't work.

11GTCS
11GTCS Reader
4/24/20 9:06 a.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

2 crazy cymbals, the left is the new 26 inch model

I wonder if you could make a homemade version of one of those and try and figure a way to press a bell into one.   Yes, I have too much time on my hands.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
4/24/20 4:53 p.m.

I bought an ozone generator.

My friend told me that he bought one to kill viruses in his home.

I used the same excuse, but we both bought them to get the funk out of cheap old cars.

https://www.amazon.com/Airthereal-MA5000-Commercial-Generator-Deodorizer/dp/B0795P2674

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
4/24/20 5:23 p.m.

Cub cadet super LT 1550 $500

5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sY14yEIV7TIZXz9WkKzLkZzmO7Ld3CQkwf7UYM3rTfvWsEZjWpXP5jHkR2lHoxWJ