ScottyB
ScottyB HalfDork
3/31/23 12:55 p.m.

for those of you in Chicagoland all down through the mississippi river valley, please be weather aware and have a plan if things get dangerous this afternoon/evening.  things are rapidly shaping up to be potentially historically bad as far as severe weather and tornadoes.  

The NOAA is generally pretty conservative with handing out upper warning levels in order to avoid the "cry wolf" posture, so to see them lay down TWO high warning levels is seriously concerning.  those colors haven't come out for 2 years until today.

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1otlk.html
if you're in the red or purple i would make sure you have a safe place to go if the need arises, and a phone or radio set up to get weather alerts.  check on your neighbors too.

be safe guys!  i truly hope it's just a lot of wind and rain and nothing else.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
3/31/23 1:28 p.m.

Yah, here in central VA, we are apparently not near a "bad area", but we're still supposed to see rain and winds exceeding 50 mph, which is a good bit too freaking windy for me.

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/31/23 1:39 p.m.

Watch out Memphis!

a bunch of the MS delta is going to get some action. Lots of important farmland there. 

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
3/31/23 4:37 p.m.

Yup, waiting for the wife to get home now and it's getting darker outside.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
3/31/23 4:44 p.m.

It's thundering in Will County, Illinois.

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
3/31/23 5:00 p.m.

Yup, thunder here in Aurora too. Wife made it home too so happy about that.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/31/23 6:17 p.m.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
3/31/23 6:27 p.m.

I'm not looking forward to 50 mph winds tomorrow. The ground is saturated and I'm worried about some 80 foot trees getting blown over and landing on my house.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/31/23 6:27 p.m.

Well, I'll be flying into some part of that, I guess. Leaving from LAX at 5:35PM, *allegedly*, on Spirit to DTW.

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
3/31/23 7:31 p.m.

Well, for us, the first part was a dud. Let's see how the 2nd half goes in a couple hours.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
3/31/23 8:47 p.m.

Father-in-law came over to sit and worry with my wife.  We're watching the news and saying "wow" every 8 minutes and I annoyed to be missing Sharktank.

Karacticus
Karacticus SuperDork
3/31/23 8:53 p.m.

It was an exciting drive home this evening here in east central Iowa.

Managed to miss all the hail in the area, but punched head on through the front once I headed west within 10 miles of home.  Wind, rain, and limited visibility.  Tornados were mostly well south and east of us.

Vet clinic employees and clients evacuated to our basement at home until the worst passed. Strong south winds turned over the dumpsters at the clinic.   

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
252wpwwv556Qnc2lBHXdpEU2ziGVVfq0yu4SmcLzq0Msn2rlCwwEhCXm76nreDdF