1 2 3
Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
8/28/19 6:00 a.m.

If you ever wondered where GRM headquarters is on a map, just follow the pretty colored line :(

Forecast to hit as a 2. We will be closed on Friday to give everyone time to prepare and/or evacuate.

Margie

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
8/28/19 6:08 a.m.

I'm always happy when the track is aimed right at me 5 days out. It always moves. Best of luck. 

Marjorie Suddard
8/28/19 6:15 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

That’s what I always say! Thanks :)

RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
8/28/19 6:48 a.m.

Hope your family comes through this safely. 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
8/28/19 7:12 a.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard :

Fingers crossed for all of you!

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
8/28/19 7:18 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

I'm always happy when the track is aimed right at me 5 days out. It always moves. Best of luck. 

Yep, and it almost always tracks north. 

Which is where I live. 

Not time to worry yet. It will be next week before it gets anywhere near me. Time to start keeping an eye on it though.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/28/19 8:03 a.m.

Best of luck to everybody in the general vicinity.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
8/28/19 8:10 a.m.

Hopefully it will go as good for you as it already did for Gameboy a few days ago.

It's hitting my MIL later today- Although, it looks to be shifting north way earlier than expected- last night, she was going to get a direct hit, now it appears the center will go off the NE coast.  Hope PR is going to be ok....

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/28/19 8:15 a.m.

In other news, just yesterday, I finally got my window replaced that I lost last year during Hurricane Florence. It was quite a struggle to find someone willing and able to get it done.

We got used to the plywood window in that corner of our bedroom. Now that it is glass again, I have to buy some new blinds.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/28/19 8:53 a.m.

Always fun. We just had a set of nasty Tstorms roll through the OKC area Monday night. 

In Guthrie, areas with 3"+ hail, a small tornado.......100k+ people without power in the metro. Some schools are still closed because of no power. 

Batton down the hatches!

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy Reader
8/28/19 9:27 a.m.

Coworker manages a couple of our switches in Puerto Rico and throughout Florida.

She's looking forward to this hurricane.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
8/28/19 9:55 a.m.

Good luck, and stay safe!

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/28/19 10:49 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

FYI, it's batten down not batton down. not that it really matters as your meaning was clear.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
8/28/19 11:21 a.m.

I still haven't gotten the roof replaced from Irma tearing 100 or so tabs off the shingles. I have terrible luck with insurance companies. Filed suit about a month ago. If it hits here as even a strong tropical storm or cat 1 I see big blue tarps in my future.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc SuperDork
8/28/19 11:34 a.m.

I live in the inland side of the same county as the GRM mothership. I just got my fence replaced a few months ago after losing it in Irma.

I cleaned the gutters on my garage last night and fired up the generator for a short test run. I won't have another day off until the storm gets here. I'll have to decide whether to board up.

Stay safe everyone!

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
8/28/19 11:35 a.m.

Looks like the latest prediction has it tracking a bit farther south - right towards the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area my mom lives in.  At least she moved a little off the coast in the last few years so the storm surge probably shouldn’t be an issue.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
8/28/19 11:48 a.m.

Melbourne, FL (Viera) here.  We're settling in to ride it out.  

I'm on the inland side of Melbourne and am usually well shielded from the storm surge.  If any GRM'ers from the costal parts of Melbourne need a inland spot PM me.  

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
8/28/19 11:57 a.m.
eastsideTim said:

Looks like the latest prediction has it tracking a bit farther south - right towards the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area my mom lives in.  At least she moved a little off the coast in the last few years so the storm surge probably shouldn’t be an issue.

Keep an eye on the prediction- at 8pm last night, the eye was going to be in Ponce, PR.  And this morning, it's not even going to direct hit the mainland of PR.  So plan in it not following a prediction all that well.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
8/28/19 12:00 p.m.
alfadriver said:
eastsideTim said:

Keep an eye on the prediction- at 8pm last night, the eye was going to be in Ponce, PR.  And this morning, it's not even going to direct hit the mainland of PR.  So plan in it not following a prediction all that well.

Every local news station within 1000 miles of the track will be predicting a direct strike on themselves up until it hits somewhere. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/28/19 12:15 p.m.

Oh, the thoughts of masses of people seeking hotel rooms on an already hotel-busy holiday weekend!  

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
8/28/19 12:18 p.m.

"Next on GRM Live - More Hurricane prep tips from JG!" 

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
8/28/19 1:14 p.m.

I will be working.  In the law enforcement world we refer to the cone as the "cone of overtime". 

It works for me since my family will be leaving town once they evacuate if it continues on its current path.  I guess that is the downside of living at the beach near the marsh.

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
8/28/19 1:15 p.m.

Well that escalated quickly.  2:00 update today has the same track into FL, but now as a cat 3+.  Hopefully it weakens 

spacecadet
spacecadet Dork
8/28/19 3:03 p.m.

Stay safe Y'all! 

Marjorie Suddard
8/28/19 3:33 p.m.
Sonic said:

Well that escalated quickly.  2:00 update today has the same track into FL, but now as a cat 3+.  Hopefully it weakens 

Yeah, we are not thrilled.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
68NYOoEdgqfYIeVSL09JAojxxTvn1I8ybzNwKCuqEtHo0ICsQN9HYaUfgt8rqQWi