RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
3/14/22 10:48 a.m.

Reports are still mixed, but after suffering 3 heart attacks yesterday from complications during hip surgery, Scott Hall, aka Razor Ramon, is being removed from life support today according to his family. 

Was never a big fan, but he had some great matches like the one above, and during an almost 40 year career, he made some major industry changes, for good and bad. What would be expected from a guy that built his persona around a toothpick though?

fatallightning
fatallightning Reader
3/14/22 11:09 a.m.

I was big fan as a kid through the late 80s into the end of the Attitude Era. Lapsed fan that recently got back into it mainly because of AEW. Sad to here, wrestling is tough on these guys. Glad he was able to get cleaned up with DDP before clocking out, still a shame.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
3/14/22 11:15 a.m.

"Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do." - Scott Hall

Haven't watched wrestling in probably 20 years, but I do keep up with news on the old guys. Dude beat his demons over and over but refused to stay down. That's a hell of a thing.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
3/14/22 9:04 p.m.

I watched a lot of wrasslin' in my house growing up. My dad, uncle, and cousins were huge wrestling fans, and I spent a lot of time watching WWF, AWA, NWA, and WCW stuff growing up. We watched the "Monday Night Wars" religiously every week, and gave up when Vince McMahon bought WCW. But man, Scott Hall was a favorite, especially the Razor Ramon and NWO versions of his gimmick. When he showed up in WCW as "himself" with Kevin Nash, it was amazing. For the 1st time, it felt "real". He was as great on the mic as he was in the ring. The guy fought a lot of demons, and beat them back countless times over the years. But between the business and his vices, his body took a toll. I'm honestly surprised he made it this long. 

RIP Bad Guy. sad

slefain
slefain PowerDork
3/14/22 9:08 p.m.

Apparently Scott has now passed away after life support was removed earlier today.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uBtwbtDcGGpRQvl9RUalNtPUbfHZghuFwbigKbDOiMrZIdj6qtKjXI6BtCMulWgW