foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
3/17/09 8:13 p.m.

"screw-tha-irish"

OK.

TR3only
TR3only New Reader
3/18/09 8:24 a.m.

Corned beef and cabbage...washed down with a "bit o' Guiness", that would go SOME ways to making you FEEL Irish.

I'm half Irish (my maternal grandparents) and never saw either one in a kilt, tho i do remember my grandMOTHER favored longish skirts.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x HalfDork
3/18/09 8:35 a.m.
TR3only wrote: Corned beef and cabbage...washed down with a "bit o' Guiness", that would go SOME ways to making you FEEL Irish.

You been looking over my shoulder?!

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
3/18/09 9:06 a.m.
Xceler8x wrote:
TR3only wrote: Corned beef and cabbage...washed down with a "bit o' Guiness", that would go SOME ways to making you FEEL Irish.

I had dinner at our favorite Mexican food plac last night. Same place we had lunch the day before. Not a big saint paddys day partier. Even though I'm a good chunk Irish. Claiming to be Irish one day a year is like claiming to be a Christian one day a year, and going to church on Easter. Weak.

Joey

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 HalfDork
3/18/09 9:13 a.m.

Is Jagermeister irish? Because that and some smokey ribs is how i celebrated. Mmmmm....

Wally
Wally SuperDork
3/18/09 9:30 a.m.

It wasn't too bad a night. I drove to work so I didn't get puked on like last year, and the bar next to my post had Chris Barron of the Spin Doctors playing and kept the doors open and brought out some free food samples every so often so when I wasn't busy I was able to take in some music and food.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
3/18/09 11:16 a.m.
Xceler8x wrote:

Apparently so. Mine too.

jgp1843
jgp1843 HalfDork
3/18/09 1:51 p.m.

"Screw tha Irish" - I thought the English had been doing that for a few centuries (along with the other Celtic nations as well). Coming from Irish-Manx-Scots and northern Portugese (WAY back) ancestors, I'm a wee bit touchy about that. I do love bagpipes, though, as well as Guinness and I can even eat haggis. Slainte.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
3/18/09 2:50 p.m.
jgp1843 wrote: "Screw tha Irish" - I thought the English had been doing that for a few centuries (along with the other Celtic nations as well). Coming from Irish-Manx-Scots and northern Portugese (WAY back) ancestors, I'm a wee bit touchy about that. I do love bagpipes, though, as well as Guinness and I can even eat haggis. Slainte.

BTW if you notice... You don't get a name like John Brown without having some close link to the area ;)

I have twice as much Scot in me as Irish, and the crotchety skirt wearing bugger wins out on St.Pattys Day as far as my attitude goes.

JB

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Reader
3/18/09 9:32 p.m.

I heard the song "We're an Irish Band" by The Electric Amish yesterday. That was about the extent of my celebration.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
3/18/09 10:15 p.m.
RexSeven wrote: ...And I have some Killians wating patiently at home for me...

Ah celebrating the removal of the snakes from Ireland with the best Coors has to offer.

I keed I keed. My Grandfather Jack Terry was a 1st generation American from Irish parents who cam over during the famine. Whats more he was a proper redneck who quit school in 6th grade to work like any good immigrant. So I am doubly screwed. I have proclaimed my black irish heritige loud an' proud (usually loud) long before the Boondock saints. My as of now un-concived child has been christened the Mexi-Mick by my freinds and after a few pints they will all do imitations of my non-existant child...

"Hey mang, get England out of Ireland...esse"

"Gimmie a Taco and a Guinness mang..."

"Don't forget mang, Pancho Villa was just like Micheal Collins.."

I have worshiped at 2 holy places in my life. The Porsche factory and the Guinness Brewery. I have kissed the Blarney Stone, been to Cork and Killarney and driven the ring of Kerry...

...so when I say the lot of ya can kiss my Irish arse, well then...aw screw it, lets grab a pint.

FYI, that is the roof of the Guinness brewey in Dublin

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
B5lt30txb34tpmcyWeYdfgUnumeq1pq6tnVLcUixWb4K92bIvyIyVFGc4to2W7oh