1 2
Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/8/20 12:37 a.m.

Congrats!  It is a lot of fun and stress and fun and sadness and fun and frustration and.....

Anyway, I'll second the previous comments about sleep and getting E36 M3 done.

As you get closer, expect the doctor's appointments to become more frequent.  Probably the month or two before the due date, get the car seat(s) bought and installed.  That is one thing you do not want to deal with after a few nights of no sleep in a hospital parking lot.  BTDT.

The first few nights are terrible.  You're up all the time and you both (especially your partner) just want to sleep.  Embrace the naps, sleep when they do.  I didn't and it kicked my ass.  

I'm 43 and I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old.  It's awesome, but frustrating since I have so much more patience now, but I have so little energy compared to when I was younger.  I love them dearly, but I still wanna lock them in their rooms from time to time.  Take care of each other and yourselves.

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports Reader
12/8/20 6:58 a.m.

Congrats!  They are a lot of work and added stress for sure but they will make you proud which makes it all worth it.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/8/20 7:08 a.m.

With Stefan giving car-seat advice, see this old post that I wrote on the topic where my big advice is to buy the optional bases for the "baby bucket" seats.  Get one for every car and maybe one for grandma's car if she's in the picture.

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
12/8/20 7:16 a.m.

Congrats, man!!!!!   Kids are hands down the best thing i've ever made, you're in for some awesome stuff.

jfryjfry (FS)
jfryjfry (FS) Dork
12/8/20 7:54 a.m.

Car seat bases in all the things. Strollers, cars, gokarts, skateboards...

also, get the nose Frieda.  It's as necessary as diapers. 

Speaking of diapers, have a small and efficient station at home and mobile bag. You don't need tons.  Wipes, a few diapers, small thing of cream.  My wife was carrying around the equivalent of an overnight bag for our first.  By our third it was a small pouch.  

they're pretty cool little pets.  Haha

we are due in late may.  Definitely a whoops but I'm very excited. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
12/8/20 8:01 a.m.

Two of my four are semi-autonomous, so I'm just working off hazy memories here, but I remember enjoying the baby years quite a lot. They change weekly, daily, and then they turn into people that want to drive racecars with you. 

Have a great time!

fanfoy
fanfoy SuperDork
12/8/20 8:46 a.m.

Congrats!

Maybe I missed it, but will it be a little 'murican or a little Canuck?

I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel with my trio: 15, 14 and 11. Toughest thing I've ever done, but also very rewarding.

infinitenexus
infinitenexus HalfDork
12/8/20 9:34 a.m.
fanfoy said:

Congrats!

Maybe I missed it, but will it be a little 'murican or a little Canuck?

I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel with my trio: 15, 14 and 11. Toughest thing I've ever done, but also very rewarding.

It'll be murica all the way.  I still have to finish school before we move to Canada, and this might set us back another few months, but it's still pretty much at the top of our to do list!

Thanks for all the kind words and advices errbody!  I guess I need to hurry up and learn how to weld better so I can get a rollbar in the challenge civic and autocross it before the baby gets here!

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
12/8/20 10:52 a.m.

Which Kindergarden did you sign up for ?

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
12/8/20 1:43 p.m.

Congratulations!  Work with your employer ahead of time to take as much time off at the birth as possible.  One of the many things I would do different is pend more time hom on leave at the birth.

Powar (Forum Supporter)
Powar (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
12/8/20 1:47 p.m.

Congrats! I'm three months in and it has been mostly excellent.

I feel like I could sleep for two days straight if given the opportunity.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/8/20 3:58 p.m.

Congratulations!!

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
12/8/20 9:00 p.m.

Awesome!

3 months here too, it’s fun. And exhausting. And the best.

dankspeed
dankspeed HalfDork
12/9/20 10:27 a.m.

Being a dad has been the greatest joy of my life. Congrats!!

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
12/9/20 10:35 a.m.

Congratulations. Kids are pretty cool, but the real fun will come 30 years down the road when they hand you your first grandchild. It's just like regular child rearing, but without the stress. Have fun.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
12/15/20 8:31 p.m.

I just came here to say being a granddad is better than being a dad.  Payback babeeeeee.  

And congratulations.  

CJ (FS)
CJ (FS) HalfDork
12/15/20 8:36 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

So what you want?  The baby is the size of a condenser? A 350 lifter?  devil

PS - Congratulations!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7nMKF4J4L0MC10xGlZTGvPMejgLGzeTGNu7ZcKziYLH86qFQTbMj2d7KJeWPvTbi