9 10 11 12 13
759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
8/17/22 5:06 p.m.

Getting serious tractor seat time .....very therapeutic for those that never left the sand box

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
8/17/22 10:59 p.m.

Waterford Hills parade laps Friday at lunch then Berkley Cruise Parade Friday evening.  Saturday AM check in at Mustang Alley with the Cougar, then various stops on Woodward.  Sunday is an all Ford car show at Ford HQ in Dearborn.  All in my 1969 Mercury Cougar.

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
8/18/22 7:44 a.m.

Hooking up the boat and leaving town. 

Hopefully not working on anything. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/18/22 8:09 a.m.

Celebratory mexican and fun car friday with the boys tomorrow, Saturday working on the bamboo then nephew's birthday party.  Maybe naskart after that, depends on how froggy i am. 

Sunday church, then family lunch. Maybe naskart, maybe not. May take a weekend off of thrashing. 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
8/18/22 8:16 a.m.

Hoping to finally get the boat out on the water and break in the new motor. 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/18/22 8:48 a.m.

I was really hoping to finally pick up my new-to-me car... but it looks like circumstances will again say "no, you won't."  So I'll probably end up riding bikes.  Sigh... frown

gearheadmb
gearheadmb UltraDork
8/18/22 6:39 p.m.

Watching my oldest play in the marching band at the high school football game, then probably canning a bunch of corn.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb UltraDork
8/18/22 6:41 p.m.
759NRNG said:

Getting serious tractor seat time .....very therapeutic for those that never left the sand box

Sweet! What kind of tractor and what are you doing?

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
8/18/22 8:05 p.m.

Driving 140 miles tomorrow to practice 8 hours in 2 days and play a once-a-year concert in a 50-piece invitational concert band Sunday, then home Monday in time to practice another 2 hours with my local concert band.  Sleep Tuesday.

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/20/22 9:01 a.m.

I had been collecting RockAuto orders this week for my commuter Corolla. I noticed that KYB had a "performance option" strut listed for this car. So I grabbed some along with fresh strut mounts and bump stops. Then I got up real early this morning and went through the front suspension. 

Now it finally rides and drives well enough to please me. This is the second set of struts I've put in this car in the last month. The initial Monroe's...not so much. They're going to scrap. 

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
8/20/22 9:49 a.m.
gearheadmb said:
759NRNG said:

Sweet! What kind of tractor and what are you doing?

2003 JD4410 e-hydro with a front end loader with a tooth bar and out back a woodmaxx 6600 backhoe. Over the last two years,perhaps three, a fairly sizable housing development has been developing. Some folks wanted pools and that dirt (all twelve loads) ended up in my front side yard. I'm now back at the house having been working in B'Ham Alabama for the past year and a half. So on top of the to do list was to put all this behind the fence where it can't be seen from the back door (2.5 acres). Got one and half loads back there so far. 

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
8/20/22 11:17 a.m.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/20/22 3:07 p.m.

Autocross the Miata in Orlando. My son's interested in going, hoping he is still interested when I wake him tomorrow. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/20/22 4:22 p.m.

Dropping off my 14th grader at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

Gary
Gary UberDork
8/20/22 7:37 p.m.

Had dinner in Putnam, CT earlier. Now at Thompson for SCCA night racing (Annie's pic):

Nice Honda Beat in Paddock B:

First three FVs on the grid of the first race at 8:00 pm:

AHHH, SUMMER! laugh

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
8/20/22 8:41 p.m.

Drove to VA. Hanging with my brother, his wife, and my nieces. Playing fun uncle. Chilling. Two interviews yesterday for fun potential jobs. Bar crawl this afternoon. Dinner with my aunt and uncle.

Life is good.

Honsch
Honsch Reader
8/21/22 12:18 a.m.

Pulled the engine and transmission from the race car, needed to know what went wrong with the trans.
I think we figured it out.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
8/22/22 8:45 a.m.
wawazat said:

then Berkley Cruise Parade Friday evening.

Mardi Gras has nothing on this! laugh

Did an autocross, got 5th in raw time and 2nd in PAX. Then a bike ride around town.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
8/27/22 10:33 p.m.

My view from the flagstand tonight.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/27/22 11:57 p.m.

Worked on the civic. Got the loose shock sorted out, then put some time in working on the Morris engines. Pulled the balancers. 

I'll try to have both engines down to bare blocks before I go back to work on Tuesday. 

Still have my usual weekend chores, laundry, cooking, yard work, grocery shopping...

Rust never sleeps. 

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/28/22 7:26 a.m.

I got a new project car that I'm doing a meet-n-greet with. Lots of looking and making lists and assembling Rockauto order. 

Then the inevitable mowing of the yard.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/28/22 11:36 a.m.

It's been a while but Saturday "we put some of the old band back together" and did a sailboat race. 

Someone sent me this picture that was taken from the start line. How do I know its from the start, because that was the only time we (in the red boat) were anywhere near the mega yacht. 

To make sailboat racing "fair" there is a rating/handicap system. In car terms, it's like hp/weight handicapping with the sail area being your hp. 

The big boat, an Andrews 80 (ft) owed us nearly an hour, but he finished ahead of us by two hours.  The white boat, a J122 (122 cm = 40 ft) owed us like 20 minutes and he did finish slightly ahead of us but just by like 18 minutes making us then correct out over him by 2 minutes.  The red boat, us, is a Schock 35

So, it's a great picture of #1, 2,3 overall finishers right next to each other at the start. 

There were 42 boats in the race. 

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/28/22 2:19 p.m.

Wow, that is one big mama, don't want to get blanketed by that!

So I was surfing FlightRadar24 this morning and saw a fighter icon near me at Mansfield.  Checked it out and it was a P51, and the other airliner shaped icon was Fifi, one of two airworthy B29s in the world!!  I did a bit of google and discovered that Fifi was doing her last flight of the weekend at 1030.  (This was at about 945, MFD is about 50 miles away...)

Grabbed my real camera, discovered the battery was dead.  Bugger.  Dropped it, went out to the car and set off.

I was hoping to be at the departure end of the field by the time she took off, however I rolled up, actually missed my turn, in time to see her pull onto the runway at what was now the arrival end... No time to get a pic rolling by at 60mph.  Bugger.

So I set up shop thinking Id be able to get a great video from my location just abeam the numbers.  Wrong again, wind shifted abit during the half our they were flying around... However I got a bit of shaky video from which I was able to pull a couple screen grabs:

Also managed to get a couple shots of the CAF's B24 departing:

And that was it, 2 hours of driving for 62 seconds of crappy videos.  Well worth it, hearing 4 radial engines at the same time is pretty awe-inspiring.

On the way home, I took the road less travelled and detoured through a bunch of gravel roads in Amish country.  Great fun, some crossed--up action here and there, and a nice change of pace apart from the horse poop that got splattered up on the RSX.

PMRacing
PMRacing UltraDork
8/28/22 2:27 p.m.

I learned to drive a Model T at the Gilmore Museum (father's day present). They are quite different to drive, but fun!  I only stalled twice :)

We were supposed to hang out with friends all weekend in K-zoo, but my daughter picked up a stomach bug Friday night and we had to bail for home yesterday morning. She's feeling better now at least. 

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
8/28/22 6:35 p.m.

Had a good weekend.  Friday I returned the birkenstocks I'd just gotten cause they were trying to rub thru the tops of my toes and then got a set of Keens, which are great.  Went to lunch with a friend, picked my son up from school, took him to ju jitsu and then hung out.  Saturday my son, a friend and I all went to Overland Expo, which was the first time I've gone.  Very interesting!  That afternoon I mowed the lawn, started working on my KTM project and fixed the downstairs toilet.  Today I went mtn biking, finished up my KTM project and then hung out with my wife and brother in law for a bit

9 10 11 12 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ioCzO8bo4S0Mj8uA5CFAEWcXrEGnfDeADOillRE7uxBzmK2BW3K8scBWsXUkz7ic