759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
8/28/22 9:24 p.m.

Tearing the gauge cluster out of the Bravada while perusing Ytube

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
8/29/22 9:27 a.m.

I have been looking for a specific pew pew for a long time made by H&K. It has been around since the late 80s but only manufactured in very small batches and only maybe once a year and with Covid I don't think any have been made in 3-4 years.  I happened to find one new in box this weekend for an exceptional price. 

Replaced the rear  shocks on the H2

Replaced the cat back in the H2. BTW a shout out to Rock auto and there exhaust kits that were advertised here on GRM. I decided to go that route instead of trying to replace just the muffler.  Absolutely will do it that way again. 

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
8/29/22 9:37 a.m.

Repairing a tide control gate for the farm. Don't study the welds too close, it's only the second time I've welded aluminum, and getting the main plate clean after 10 years in salt water was almost impossible. 

20220827_144150.jpg

20220827_144143.jpg

Note to self, aluminum welding causes UV burns much faster than steel. Long sleeves or gloves are a must. 

20220829_093919.jpg

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
8/29/22 9:41 a.m.

Went to an office picnic and met some of my coworkers over the last couple of years for the first time. Also removed the not-so-high-mounted 3rd brake light on the Toyobaru that sits in the middle of the rearview mirror's vision, and replaced it with a roofline LED strip with flasher circuit.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/29/22 10:27 a.m.

I FINALLY made it out to Ohio to pick up the TR8 I bought at the beginning of August.  Drove out Friday afternoon after work, staying overnight in a hotel near Columbus. Then two hours to the seller's house in Lima. Then a 6.5 hr back roads drive to the next overnight stop in New Stanton, PA.  Then a highway cruise across the PATP on Sunday to get home. 

I had originally hoped to have the car for a Triumph club trip to Nova Scotia starting in Sept after Labor Day, but a number of family and friends setbacks prevented making the trip until this past weekend.  As such, I'll be doing the run in the 2006 MCS JCW. 

Factory TR8 with a few previous owner mods - some good; some I plan to reverse...  I'll try to start a thread about it soon, but the short version is it made the 570+ mile drive home on a combination of back roads and highways without incident.  It's nice to have a Triumph that will cruise comfortably at 70+ MPH and get 25 MPG doing it. 

NY Nick
NY Nick Dork
8/29/22 10:50 a.m.
Toyman! said:

Repairing a tide control gate for the farm. Don't study the welds too close, it's only the second time I've welded aluminum, and getting the main plate clean after 10 years in salt water was almost impossible. 

20220827_144150.jpg

20220827_144143.jpg

Note to self, aluminum welding causes UV burns much faster than steel. Long sleeves or gloves are a must. 

20220829_093919.jpg

I've ridden that train and it is no fun. For a while I welded with fire resistant coveralls, the larger I have gotten the less fun coveralls are so I recently bought this. It was dirt cheap and fits pretty well. I am a svelte 5'11" 248 lbs. I got the XL if that helps you at all

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H2C5VSW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

edit: I also don't have to take off my boots with this like I do with the coveralls which is nice

tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) Reader
8/29/22 11:02 a.m.

I finally installed new carpet in the Jeep that has been sitting around since Christmas. Going from bare floor to actual carpet with sound deadening  is a major upgrade. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/1/22 9:48 a.m.

Tomorrow we are going to a swanky cocktail bar downtown for a beer dinner. 

4 courses, each paired with their own beer. Only $50 each and we get to take home a pint glass each I think. 

If I was still in my old apartment from when I first moved here, it would be a 6-7 minute walk. Now it's a 25 minute drive from basically the suburbs. 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/1/22 9:52 a.m.

I was supposed to be going to my uncle's funeral on Sat, and then probably some biking and getting ready for my trip to Nova Scotia after Labor Day.  Then I tested positive for C19 Wednesday afternoon, so I'll be isolating over the entire weekend. Yay.  If I don't feel too bad, maybe I'll get out for a short road ride where I don't have to interact with anyone.   

Gary
Gary UberDork
9/1/22 7:09 p.m.

Lime Rock Historic Festival #40. Thursday night car show in Falls Village. 

Tom Cotter leading the parade from the Lime Rock track into Falls Village for the car show:

Al Chicote with his iconic Elva Courier that he's owned since the sixties.

You hardly ever see an OSCA in the wild:

1000HP Porsche (purportedly) at full boost:

Mr. Cotter:

Mr. Barber:

And then this knucklehead back on our balcony  at the Millerton Inn:

And wonderful Annie, who puts up with me:

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
9/1/22 8:05 p.m.

I get to drive to Chester, Va to help my daughter get her townhouse ready to sell after years of renters.   

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic Reader
9/1/22 11:11 p.m.

So, my Labor Day weekend started about 3 hours ago. Time to head to the Cabin and do some chores. So, please note all of the threads I have replied to because I don't have any internet and very poor cell phone reception and have a lot to say and little time left to say it.smiley

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
9/2/22 12:08 a.m.

Playing a 3-hour gig with my rock/blues band (drums, bass, 2 guitars, saxes) tomorrow (Friday), then much delayed house projects Sat and Sun.

Honsch
Honsch Reader
9/2/22 1:34 a.m.

Going to the end-of-Summer concer for old people with my racing buddies.

Lineup includes Joan Jett, Poison, Def Leppard, and Motley Crue.

I was never a hair-metal guy, but he got a ticket for me anyway.

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
9/2/22 6:24 a.m.

Last weekend I was HPDE instructor for my wife.

Tomorrow I am HPDE instructor for my 18 year old son.

I need to look at my life insurance policy...

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
9/2/22 8:38 a.m.

Labor day weekend is always birthday weekend for myself and my sister (not twins, we are 5 years apart).  We always get together to celebrate.  Going to meet at my mom's house and hang out on the lake for the weekend and not do any work.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
9/2/22 9:41 a.m.

Enjoy being home with very few commitments. There is nothing more fun to me than just being home, tinkering about the garage, and not having to be 5 places at once. 

Gary
Gary UberDork
9/3/22 4:11 p.m.

Saturday at the Lime Rock Rock Historics #40:

Big display of Corvette concept cars

More pics to come ...

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
9/3/22 5:24 p.m.

In reply to Gary :

Very cool!!!   Similar:  I was at National Corvette Museum this weekend for their anniversary.  Had a lot of fun, i got to put this through its paces on track Friday:

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/3/22 6:39 p.m.

Spent a shocking $225 at a fancy steak place celebrating a birthday.  

Spent 6 hours replacing rotten fascia board up and down a ladder - now it's almost 6pm and I'm in a pissy mood looking to make a salad.  

Sounds like an entry into the first world problems thread.

mikeatrpi
mikeatrpi HalfDork
9/3/22 7:24 p.m.

Gary and I think alike!

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
9/3/22 7:28 p.m.

House cleaning today while the mrs and her mom have a yard sale all weekend. Dinner with the in-laws tomorrow, and taking the smoke stick out Monday morning before the heat sets in. Maybe we mix in some modern calibers too. Drum practice as time and kids allow. 

Gary
Gary UberDork
9/3/22 10:20 p.m.

More Lime Rock Historics #40:

Big Historic TransAm group

Gary
Gary UberDork
9/3/22 10:32 p.m.

Some rare sightings at Lime Rock Historics #40:

Gary
Gary UberDork
9/3/22 10:41 p.m.

More Lime Rock Historics #40:

I spent a few hours sitting at my friend Howie's campsite under a canopy overlooking "No Name Straight". Not a bad place to spend a few hours at Lime Rock.

But the big buzz all day was that "No Name Straight" was going to be renamed today after the final race of the day. Here it is:

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
r1CJXhFjwFHxDbJDpKHcQPsyHP1ClTK5mEf5jtSpGg85ZNOwKdYDhVvcTCh0Uysg