dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
9/25/22 3:25 p.m.

No need for the gym when you have 3 cords of oak logs to cut up and split (by hand). Got through about 1/4 cord this afternoon and I am taking a brake.  Kind of a mix of cut some with the chain saw in to 12 inch logs.  Then move 3-4 logs in to position and split and put the split pieces in to the cart. Rinse and repeat u till the cart is full then take the cart over to the wood pile and stack for drying.  Great excersize!!!

what I have left by the house. This was one oak tree and a small beach. I have 2x this at the other end of the property where two other oaks came down

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
9/25/22 3:33 p.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

Autocross on the kart track at the speedway. There's a track sprint, but the civic is on a lift, and the Miata doesn't have a roll bar. 

edit: oh, and storm preparation. 

Success 

drock25too
drock25too HalfDork
9/25/22 3:49 p.m.

Having dinner with Mom. My wife sent me this, so I guess I know what she's doing. 

Gary
Gary UberDork
9/25/22 9:33 p.m.

Finishing up a great Sunday. Son Jason and wife Andrea and grand kids were over for dinner tonight. Great evening. And Charlie the beagle. Now they're gone and we're relaxing with leftover wine and listening to the Paul Cardall channel on Pandora. Ahhh!

Gary
Gary UberDork
9/25/22 9:38 p.m.

But I think "Floating Doc" takes top honors this weekend on this thread with the SCCA Regional award! Congrats Floating Doc! Great job!

9/25/22 9:44 p.m.
Gary said:

But I think "Floating Doc" takes top honors on this thread with the SCCA Regional award! Congrats Floating Doc!

Thanks! David Wallens got one too, driving his xs-b miata!

Gary
Gary UberDork
9/25/22 9:48 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

And congrats to you as well, Dave! Another Miata man!

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
9/26/22 10:34 a.m.

It was work on the 9-3 vert weekend:

• Replaced the coolant tank, thermostat and coolant temp sensor.
  • Pulled the rearview mirrors and cleaned/repainted the aluminum that had started to oxidize.
  • Replaced the vanity mirrors in both sun visors, both doors had broken off.
  • Swapped the manual inside rearview mirror for and automatic one with Homelink.
  • Replaced the antenna amp so the radio works again.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/26/22 10:59 a.m.

The better half is going to be flying to Phoenix Thursday morning and back on Monday morning for a family funeral. So I'm boarding the dogs to get some peace and quiet (and give my severe pet allergies a break). 

So I think I'm going to try to tackle installing the OEM Audio+ front speaker upgrade on the BRZ. Nothing I haven't done before on multiple vehicles, but I feel weird pulling the door cards off a car with a 115 miles. The dash speakers are just popping a grill and a few bolts to replace the two on each side.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
9/26/22 11:02 a.m.

Did another autocross, got about a top-quarter finish in raw time which is pretty good for a big course and a big field of competitors, missed 4th by 1 cone...oil cooler fitment is definitely improved but there's still 1 minor issue to fix. Gorilla Tape is great for both protecting and detecting things rubbing against each other.

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
9/26/22 11:11 a.m.
Toyman! said:

Cleaning out a parking space for the Bentley. Hope to finish tomorrow.

I was successful. No more Bentley hanging out at the office. 

20220925_173102.jpg

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
9/26/22 11:16 a.m.

The delete button is not working. 

Folgers
Folgers Reader
9/30/22 5:39 p.m.

Picking grapes. We started on the 15th of this month, around 15,000lbs picked,probably a third of the way through. In cooler now is around 4300lbs of Frontenac blanc. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
9/30/22 5:41 p.m.

Going to go peep at some leaf's up in NH. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
9/30/22 5:42 p.m.

Well the weather is pure E36 M3 thanks to Ian so I'm going to hang out inside with my dog and be a lazy piece of crap.  I think I'll try and finish a book, but other than that it'll probably be light chores, a few workouts, and video games.

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/30/22 6:04 p.m.

I'm going to take the wheels off my Corvette, one at a time, and clean, polish, and repaint the black trim on them. I consider it a stopgap measure to make do with what I have until I can get some ZR1 wheels. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
9/30/22 7:36 p.m.

Now that Ian is passed, I'm gonna chop up some limbs, and probably wash the Miata.  Might hit up a junkyard if they still have the Miata in stock

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
9/30/22 8:40 p.m.

Tires on the Bentley and it has developed a fuel leak I need to track down. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/30/22 8:44 p.m.

Get the naskart a little more done. Tertiary Seat mounts, replacement trams crossmember, kick panel close outs. 

That list is probably too long to actually accomplish. 

I also need to get some miles on the minivan. See if the third axle is correct. 

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
9/30/22 9:34 p.m.

Loading up the Merkur on Uhaul's finest in the morning and heading to Mid-Ohio to do a track day. 

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
9/30/22 9:47 p.m.

Another Lemons weekend.  Buttonwillow CA this time.

9/30/22 10:00 p.m.

Working Saturday; I'm still working one Saturday a month. Our autocross on Sunday was canceled due to hurricane Ian. 

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
10/2/22 11:54 a.m.

Wrenching on the Type aRgh this morning.  Now a nice fall afternoon with the kiddos!

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
10/2/22 12:05 p.m.

Spent most of Saturday at the Clemson-NC State game, which turned out to be a good game.  I will spend today picking up all the limbs Ian blew out of our trees.  

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/2/22 3:09 p.m.

I'm taking Hot For Teacher to the farm in WV next weekend.  I'm going to give her all 124 acres.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
trywQRGpmQBLDlniebSPkRBqv1dzGVvhIXuQMUrdfF00hjmEe5yXxUZBBKwwHRd4