Gary
Gary UberDork
11/20/22 4:47 p.m.

Keith McCormick's Palm Springs Classic Car Auction.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
11/20/22 4:57 p.m.

Autocross with Citrus PCA, glad that they allow other brands to join in their events. 

Cold and rainy. I worked almost ten straight hours yesterday (I'm still working one Saturday a month). After that it was easier to drive the civic which meant that I didn't have to do a tire change on the Miata last night. Instead, I watched a play (my wife's the new costumer for the theater department at Stetson).

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/21/22 5:26 a.m.

Annual reconfigure the garage and put the cars away day.  I am always a bit dismayed by the amount of stuff that doesn't belong to me that ends up in MY garage :)

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/21/22 8:23 a.m.

Finally finished splitting all the wood in my back yard. I ended up with close to two cords.  Moved all the stuff I could not split by hand to a pile for my friend down the street. He has a splitter and heats with wood. So free wood for him and I don't have to deal with it.   

Finished yard clean up and did the annual inspection for rocks and stuff that could jamb up a snow blower. 

Fixed the latch on a sliding door that has been working when it wanted to.  

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/21/22 8:28 a.m.

what I started with

now I have this

Gary
Gary UberDork
11/26/22 8:01 p.m.

Annie and I are still hangin' out in Palm Springs, CA. This is our third weekend here. I'm thinking I'll go to the Air Museum tomorrow. They recently acquired a Stealth Fighter, and I want to see it and I want the T-shirt. We leave for home on Wednesday, but we'll be back here in February.

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) PowerDork
11/27/22 7:51 a.m.

Me, not a damn thing. This is the first 4 day stretch I've had off in over a year. I've had to work plenty of weekends, too, with the possibility of having to work looming until the last minute when I didn't.

So plenty of day drinking, cooking and walking the dog, but nothing worthwhile. Thanksgiving, indeed.

11/27/22 8:44 a.m.

In reply to wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) :

Then that sounds like a good weekend for you, and well deserved. Enjoy!

GM > MG
GM > MG New Reader
11/27/22 2:07 p.m.

Married Man Thanksgiving:

Argued alot w/ wife on Wednesday, she had day off. Argued alittle w/ wife on Thursday, helped cook and ate ton of food. Argued alot w/ wife on Friday, she had day off, worked out.

Argued moderate amount w/ wife on Saturday, went to XMas Craft Show, bought some worthless nick knacks. Today is Sunday and argued alot w/ wife about taking vacation in Jan. 2023. I'm now making busy in my office and she making 8000 cookies, argue about that too because we both trying to loose weight.

Never Marry...

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
11/27/22 4:20 p.m.

Chilling with the kiddos and cooling up some good grub.  Wifee is down with the Rona so has been a stay home kind of weekend.  Trying a kenji's detroit deep dish pizza recipe out.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
11/27/22 4:35 p.m.

Too cold and wet and dark to do stuff outside, so just cleaned things up around the house and did some work getting the microgarage ready for winter, binge-watched the Cyberpunk Edgerunners series, made some calls to get things rolling with the AE92, will probably get caught up on some more shows and movies...

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
11/28/22 8:35 a.m.

Kind of a blur.  Thanksgiving went from a 5person small family thing to a 15 person thing on Wednesday so everything got ramped up to 11 for the preparation. Wife was a super hero with cooking and prep and general organization.  Things went off with out any problem as and we all had a great time.  

Friday and Saturday  was a mix of cleanup and getting the Christmas stuff out. Sunday got together with some friends at the club and tried my hand at archery.  That was fun!!!  In the afternoon we went out and did a little bit of shopping and then settled in to the sofa and some YouTube. When's down a rabbit hole watching a bunch of stuff on the Midnight street racing club in Japan. 

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) MegaDork
11/28/22 2:32 p.m.

Disassembled rear brakes on Qua-Z to find out I need to grind a small ledge off the hub to remove the wheel studs and need a new 1/2x20 tap. 

Progress nonetheless.

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) MegaDork
12/10/22 4:27 p.m.

Finally finished off that pesky wheel fitment issue.

Not cleaning up the garage today either.

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/10/22 4:38 p.m.

Putting my Corvette engine back together after doing valve job and head gaskets. Lots of little fixes and maintenance along the way. 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/10/22 5:37 p.m.

Sat: drove 100 miles and back to buy beer for some friends who can't get it at home.

Sun: sit in my hotel room and watch football...  for the last time this year before I get to go home until Jan.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
12/10/22 5:52 p.m.

Leaving for this in a few minutes 

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
12/10/22 7:06 p.m.

With great difficulty(removing minimal peripheral objects) trying to remove the starter motor from my JD4410.....rapidly achieving Royal PITA status.....Grrrrrr

12/10/22 11:49 p.m.

I started my Saturday morning by getting my wife's car unlocked. 

I swapped the tires and greased the front brake sliders on the Miata, prepping for autocross tomorrow. 

This was after I discovered that I didn't register (or maybe didn't complete my registration) for tomorrow's final event of the year with Martin sports car club. It's kind of an extra fun one, the "pointless event". It gets the name from the fact that point accumulation for the end of the year is completed with the November event. Some people will bring their daily drivers or other non autocross cars on all seasons. 

Luckily, registration was still open for the Buccaneer SCCA event on Amelia Island tomorrow. I'll have to drive a lot further, but they also put on great events and I'll probably get twice the number of runs. Our venue at Lake Tech has another event in the afternoon, limiting the event to three runs. 

I also saw a neighbor working on a Fiat Abarth, so I stopped to introduce myself and proselytize about autocross. As it turns out, he's got way more experience than me, which was really cool. I'll leave out the details for now.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
12/11/22 3:31 a.m.

A buddy needed an extra set of hands for a factory assembly line upgrade.   We're at a major motor manufacturing plant in West Virginia as contractors making one station of the line come up about 4" higher than it used to.   

I've not working in this sort of industrial environment before and while it's interesting, I'll be glad to get back to my quiet locksmithing job (a lot less PPE for one thing!)

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/11/22 10:28 a.m.

Yesterday was front end love on the 226k-mile Odyssey.

today I'll try out my new propane torpedo heater and play around with the new MIG. Maybe, just maybe, at 4:30PM I'll watch my beloved Maryland Terrapins men's basketball game vs Tennessee.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
12/11/22 12:19 p.m.

I work every weekend so I rarely get big things done, but I think tomorrow I'm gonna fully adopt the stray cat I found a month ago.

12/12/22 1:14 a.m.

Great fun at Amelia Island today. I really am impressed with the new Bridgestones.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
12/31/22 6:44 p.m.

Well on the last day of 2022 I drove my Miata to where no Miata in the winter snow has been driven to. I am at about 8000 to 8500 ft in elevation on a road that leads to nowhere in particular, just up and out in the boonies.

The haze in the background is snow falling.

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
12/31/22 6:49 p.m.

I lowered the rear of my truck one more inch. It had a little too much rake before. 

And now I'm making up a big RockAuto order for a few different maintenance projects on my three vehicles. Cooling system refresh on the truck. Shocks and sway bar bushings on the Corvette, and rear brakes on the Corolla daily. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BuCigxxg8WcD521HpLiCzVmtFx4DO6wtNGDelCmlPIVP8dZ8tcCgDOLDeVIvfe0W