gearheadmb
gearheadmb UltraDork
4/23/23 8:52 a.m.
gearheadmb said:

I installed some cabinets at my sister in laws. I built the cabinets a month or so ago. 

It was my first time building cabinets and I was really happy with how they turned out. 

I finally got around to installing the doors on these.

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/23/23 8:54 a.m.

In reply to gearheadmb :

Nice work !

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
4/23/23 4:36 p.m.

Added to the collection with a class win at Daytona yesterday. Today we ran the opposite direction, finished fourth.  I guess I can turn right, but not left?

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
4/23/23 5:22 p.m.

Got the cold that makes you sound like a frog or maybe a toad but I have never met a talking toad.   Anyway been around the house catching up on most of the last season of Clarksons farm.  

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
4/23/23 5:59 p.m.

Hanging with the kid this weekend.  Went to a thoroughly disappointing earth day fair.  Helped finish his school project.  Ran with him and shook loose the remaining phlegm from my cold while he practiced riding his bike.  Got him his first funnel cake.  Overall pretty chill, which is good because this week is going to be nuts at work.

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
4/23/23 6:58 p.m.

Getting closer to firing up my car after replacing the oil pan gasket, front timing cover, and water pump. Spun up the oil pump till I got pressure and dropped the distributor back in.

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
4/24/23 10:07 a.m.

On Saturday, my grandsons' Boy Scout troop did a flag ceremony for the local Corvette Club car show. We showed up in the Bentley to confuse them. In the afternoon I cut and drilled a couple of pieces of 3/8 plate to adapt an 8" trenching bucket to my excavator. 

Sunday I went to church with my parents, visited with them, and helped them dig some old furniture out of one of the barns. 

All in it was a pretty good weekend. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/24/23 2:04 p.m.

Went to see John Wick Chapter 4.

It was good, by the standards of a John Wick movie.  At 2h 49m it is not a short movie, but honestly, it felt shorter than the third one.

There were some pretty cool scenes.  It was worth seeing in the theatre.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/24/23 11:01 p.m.

Another tech week.  Show opens Friday.  I'm getting too old for this.  5 points if you guess the show.

Gary
Gary UberDork
4/29/23 3:26 p.m.

Another Saturday morning Tech Session with BMCNE. This session was with a '58 MGA which "ran when parked" in 1996. It's been garaged in the same location since then. The owner is no longer able to work on the car, and his wife asked our club for advice. Knowing that much will need to be replaced before it's roadworthy again, our basic objective was to see if we could at least get the car started using fresh gas to the carbs. After a couple hours we were successful and able to advise her of some options.

It's a nice car. Best looking British car from the fifties. It runs. Great bones. No rust. Perfect patina. If it were mine I wouldn't touch the cosmetics, just rebuild brakes, hydraulics, fuel delivery, and upgrade a few electrical components. Then drive it, and drive it, and drive it ... exactly what the owner would have wanted to do.

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
4/29/23 6:35 p.m.

Got the distributor in correctly on my 302 so it at least starts now. Need to fill it with coolant and then can set the timing. We also got the subwoofer swapped out on the SC430.

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/29/23 6:44 p.m.

A big ADV bike rally this weekend. Hundreds of miles in the Ozarks along the Oklahoma- Arkansas border with a little over 100 riders. Awesome day today and know I'm going to be very sore tomorrow.

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
4/29/23 9:25 p.m.

11 hours installing IP cameras, wireless bridges between 4 buildings, and access points to cover 15 acres at the farm in the mountains. 

I'm beat. 

We have two cameras to install in the morning and we're done.

Karacticus
Karacticus SuperDork
4/29/23 9:41 p.m.

Up early tomorrow for a Street Survival school 

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
4/30/23 6:45 a.m.

Helping people drive supercars around a racetrack

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
4/30/23 8:32 a.m.

Flew to S Florida yesterday morning, then picked up my old Dads CRV and their stuff and am driving it north.   Made it to Roanoake Rapids NC yesterday, 740 miles.  Now an easy 340 miles home to PA, but first. Waffle House. 

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
4/30/23 9:15 a.m.

Checking P&ID's

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
5/1/23 10:48 a.m.

Autocross...or watercross?

(Need to make a holder for the new cabin mic setup so it won't swing around and make popping noises)

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
5/5/23 3:10 p.m.

I have had a Volvo sitting around that was bought needing work. I realized I only paid $1500 for it, so if I can get it running, I'm going to drive it to the $2000 challenge. So I need to do a head gasket.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
5/5/23 3:22 p.m.

Working. 730-3. If the wind isn't blowing when I get out i may see about going out with the flintlock. Then it's another D&D session. Should be good. 

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
5/5/23 5:37 p.m.

Trying to figure out where I'm going to park a 41' long box.

Gary
Gary UberDork
5/5/23 7:42 p.m.

Grand daughter's softball game Saturday morning. I'm sure there'll be more to do after that, so more to come ...

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
5/5/23 9:07 p.m.

The usual. Leave the driveway by 5:45 Sunday morning, 400 mile round trip in a loud, rattling, un-air conditioned Miata with no cruise control for a total of about four and a half minutes of competition driving. 

I can't wait. 

Saturday I'll do some yard work, replace the hand rail on my front porch, and try to get to the rear brakes on the civic. This month I'm driving it in two autocross events, one track sprint, probably a few autocross runs at the Challenge, and then the post Challenge track day at the Firm. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/5/23 10:49 p.m.

Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival on Saturday; season opener autocross on Sunday.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
5/6/23 5:55 a.m.

At 61 I will be competing in my very first observed trials event.
Fortunately the motocross scheduled for the same day has been rescheduled So future weekend me should be able to make that too. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LCR8IvDKtv3kQ7KPgZpbavBhiKDdPtJMHJsCUexC01awcI9KVeh7n0jCOUlr7sUO