1 2 3 4 5
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/24/22 6:07 p.m.

Aside from prepping and painting wheels this weekend and teaching a friend how to back a trailer, I'm currently awaiting a lady coming over to the house for dinner.  It's the 7th date, and I'm not saying I'm expecting anything unclothed, but let's just say I put fresh bed linens on just in case.

I won't update you with details.  Because gentleman.

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
4/24/22 6:09 p.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

Tally ho on a good night sir.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/24/22 7:11 p.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

Now it's time to start dreading tomorrow. 

My depression for Monday starts at 6pm when I hear that ticking of the 60 Minutes Show stopwatch.

tick tick tick tick tick.......

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
4/24/22 7:48 p.m.

No C&C, but I did fix up some crash damage on one nephew's mountain bike and set up his shifter properly, then sort out the brakes on the other nephew's bike. My role is "uncle Keith will fix it". 

Then shortened the brake hoses on the new brakes on my own bike, bled them, did some setup and went for a nice little ride to bed them in :)

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
4/24/22 7:49 p.m.

Hey Curtis! Whatcha doing? Curtis! Hey, Curtis!!

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
4/24/22 8:09 p.m.

Not sure if I'd be comfortable high five-ing Curtis at this point.

Gary
Gary UberDork
4/24/22 8:32 p.m.

Mundane weekend doing yard work (my chipper and I taking care of winter yard debris) and Annie and I going out to dinner. Nice dinner this evening at Treehouse Tavern in Warwick, RI. Now home and listening to Kevin Kern in our sunroom.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb UltraDork
4/24/22 8:56 p.m.

It was a busy one. I had my parents 50th anniversary party friday night. Yesterday I got an area of the yard prepped for grass seed where we tore down a building last fall. Then we pulled all the raised beds out of the garden because we are going to in ground planting because the beds weren't a very efficient use of space for us. Then I got the dirt from the beds spread out and plowed the garden. The tractor is going to need some wheel weights if I want to do much more plowing. Then I sprayed the yard for weeds. Today I cleaned out the gutters and a few more minor chores then just hung out with the family. It was a good weekend. The fact that this was our first weekend with good weather was a big part of it.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
4/24/22 9:05 p.m.

In reply to Gary :

Those are super comfortable shoes. I've been buying them for years.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
4/24/22 9:21 p.m.

Beautiful, warm weekend here. Yesterday I washed all the winter off the Fusion and put a coat of wax on it. Today my wife and I went for a nice long drive in the Boxster. Along the way we picked up a marinated pork loin at a local meat shop, and when we got home I threw it on the grill.

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
4/24/22 9:24 p.m.

I spent a fair part of today playing with colored wires. The engine side of the boat is done. Labled, connectors attached, heat shrink installed, and terminated with goo.

The dash is next. Right after I find the wasp nest that is apparently under one of the gunnels and nuke it. 

Trent
Trent PowerDork
4/24/22 9:52 p.m.

It is beautiful here today. 68 and sunny. I drove 60 miles at 6am to go to a swap meet with my dad. Spent 5 bucks on some crappy headlights that will be sacrificed to experiments. It was good to see him out and around. Got back by 10 so we grabbed some fresh bagels on the way to the dog park. Later we pulled the cover off the missus convertible and got a slice of pizza and a Caesar then picked up some stuff for dinner. Firing up the grill for the first time this season.

Good day.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
4/24/22 9:58 p.m.
chandler said:

Drove to Nashville for the marathon, picked up a bumper cover for one of you guys while I'm here and will head home tomorrow.

On the way home we stopped at NCM in Bowling Green and watched some hot laps. Sweet cars out there running this morning.

4/24/22 10:34 p.m.
Ranger50 said:

Tally ho on a good night sir.

I don't keep a tally of my hoes

(but I lie, I actually do keep a tally)

4/24/22 10:35 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Hey Curtis! Whatcha doing? Curtis! Hey, Curtis!!

Cand tipe.. handzfull of somethg rite now  laugh

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
4/25/22 10:58 a.m.

Replaced the Power steering pump and one of the pressure lines on my DD.  The line I got from Rock Auto was not the correct one, but I made it work.  Sunday walked my middle son through a brake adjustment and inter tube replacement on his bike.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/25/22 11:54 a.m.
Ian F (Forum Supporter) said:

Nice mtn bike ride in the AM.  Then finally started working on the 12V LED off-grid lighting setup for my shed.

Sunday - another mtn bike ride with friends/teammates down in Fredrick, MD.  Then I'll hopefully be able to work on the GT6 a bit when I get home.

MD ride kicked my butt, so I didn't do anything on the GT6, although I did make a little more progress on the LED lights.  I'll try to finish it up today after work.  Having lights in the shed would be nice.

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass HalfDork
4/25/22 12:07 p.m.

Me and the SO did yardwork yesterday.

Saturday I took my 74 TS100 downtown to get coffee and read

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UberDork
4/25/22 2:34 p.m.

Update from the weekend.  Austin Auto Show as ok, but very thin.  My son and I were discussing why it was so small this year and I think it's because the dealers have to provide the cars (based on the window stickers) and since most don't have cars to sell, much less show, there were quite a few that just weren't there.

On a different note, we were near the Polestar section and apparently, one of the cars took off randomly for about 3 feet and ran someone over.  The person was on the ground and didn't look like any major injuries, but the police were called and they were taken off in an ambulance.  You could see the skid marks from the tires where it had accelerated.  Weird....

-Rob

hobiercr
hobiercr UltraDork
4/25/22 2:37 p.m.

In reply to rob_lewis :

Were they wearing a green shirt?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
4/25/22 3:17 p.m.

Took my son to the Earth Day festival in town on Saturday.

So massively disappointing.  Some cool people there, cool ideas, great to see support, etc.  But so many people there handing out garbage swag that will 100% end up in the landfill after minimal use, if any.

WTF.  Read the room people.

birdmayne
birdmayne Reader
4/25/22 4:37 p.m.

My weekend was pretty good. Only broke 1 of my 3 lawnmowers, all 3 kids were on good behavior, I got some car / shop stuff done. 

It's a crapshoot lately what any given weekend will be like. I have 2 of my kids every other weekend, until the custody battle is over. It's stressful and we never know if we will have good kids or little jerks. ( I can rightfully call my kids jerks, because they get it from me. ) 

Next weekend is going to be split between farm cleanup at SWMBO's grandpa's farm (for sale, 30 acres, riverfront in a beautiful valley), and hopefully some car stuff. 

I'm counting today as weekend still, because I have to go fetch an engine donor from one of my least favorite places, Yakima. 

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UberDork
4/25/22 5:13 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr :

I don't recall.  I wanted to say a dark blue shirt and tan shorts?  Although now you have my interest piqued....

-Rob

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
4/30/22 3:10 p.m.

Another weekend is here.  Brake lines in the GMC are under way.  Trying to limit it to just hard  lines but I can see this morphing in to flex lines calipers pads and rotors.

Going to teach my son the fine art of double flair's today.  

I am also going to have to do plug wires. I touched one and it disintegrated. I am wondering if these are original to the truck. Making them 19 years old.   

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
4/30/22 4:47 p.m.

Scratch made shoyu ramen and kids soccer games are the plan.  Hoping for dry weather to cut grass.  Otherwise a cold beverage will assist.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
O28ghGS4B7rzSGGd2Pi8QoAAINc7EJZL6bKeA1C7i0cuEwWTjH1PhfakYP3pf3oT