5 6 7 8 9
dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/28/22 12:33 a.m.

Let's see. 

Worked on the SAAB. Diagnosing the AC and figured out it should go to the shop to be fixed.  

Continued the archeological dig in the basement.  I was in the 80s strata layer as I found a box of 80s records that I was sure were lost. More importantly I took 6 barrels to the dumpster and moved 4 bins of Porsche parts to the barn.

Son and I went to Lowes to get driveway sealer stuff for next weeks driveway restoration project  

gearheadmb
gearheadmb UltraDork
7/10/22 7:56 p.m.

Fixed my dryer, replaced a thermostat, mowed the grass, and started painting my tractor.

Gary
Gary UberDork
7/10/22 9:51 p.m.

SCCA Majors at Thompson. This was Spec Miata qualifying coming off the oval onto the road course:

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
7/10/22 10:08 p.m.

Gave the youngest a handful of firsts this weekend. She went to her first live wrestling match, she finally went on her first fishing trip, and caught her first fish. 

7 or 8 inch small mouth. Between the tubers, kayakers, beach goers, and her and Gus screwing around in the river it's amazing we caught anything. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
7/11/22 12:52 a.m.

Autocross with Martin Sports Car Club at Lake Tech.

For the first time since I started autocross four years ago, I had tires made in the same year as the event. Second in E Street, eighth in Pax. 

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
7/11/22 12:53 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

That is so cool!!!!  

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/11/22 6:04 a.m.

I changed the front and rear speakers on my commuter 96 Corolla. Then I washed and waxed it. Finally I charged all my work tools for another week's use.

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller Dork
7/11/22 8:34 p.m.

After 5 years of doing no car stuff, this past weekend I went to a car show in my area.

Some bad pics:

Local VW shop has a car show / swap meet every year. There's normally a couple 914 ppl I meet up with but I was running late so I missed them.

Last pic is a Turbo 914 with I believe a type 1.

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/16/22 8:53 p.m.

The rear bumper on my GMT400 was getting chalky looking from the Texas sun so I removed it, prepped, and painted it. I had some leftover Summit brand urethane paint and hardener in my cabinet. Good cheap paint ! I shot it with a Harbor Freight purple gun.

I also media blasted and painted the brackets since they were getting a little surface rusty. I painted them with shake-n-shoot VHT chassis paint.

I'll get it all put back on tomorrow after sufficient cure time. 

7/16/22 11:56 p.m.

My weekend started on Friday. Although I was off work, I went to the office to coach one of the other doctors through a procedure. It's not part of my job, but we all look out for each other, and I'm glad I could do it. .

After I got home my wife, eldest child and I all got covid boosters. My plan for today was working on the engine for the Morris. The vaccine really knocked me back though, and I haven't done anything today. I still have two more days left in my weekend, we'll see what I can get done.

Brotus7
Brotus7 Dork
7/17/22 8:13 a.m.

Took the spawns to the bike path yesterday.  We'll see what adventures today holds, probably a trip to Lowe's to get some wood.

Here's my 5 year old living her best life:

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
7/17/22 11:48 a.m.

Sinus infection that I just can't shake. BC Powders, find some Modelo (so I can pretend I'm at the stadium) and find a stream for the Atlanta United game.

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
7/17/22 12:00 p.m.

Getting ready to roll a 30" tube out of 1/8 aluminum sheet. 

Should be a challenge. 

Yesterday my eldest and I built a couple of fire tools for a Boy Scout flag retirement ceremony.  

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
7/17/22 2:12 p.m.

My slip roll won't bend the sheet I have. 

So the grands are heating and beating with the forge. 

Gary
Gary UberDork
7/17/22 3:26 p.m.

Dealing with hoses (not ho's smiley) and sprinklers trying to keep the lawn presentable. Oh, and having a brew or two. We've had a long hot dry stretch.

jh36
jh36 Dork
7/17/22 6:32 p.m.

Ran a gas line to the grill. Renewed my truck tags. Watching videos of Pitt Race for next weekend's race. And picking up my new engine from Johnny C tomorrow. Early night tonight. 

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
7/17/22 7:49 p.m.

Helping some teens in the extended families social circle change a clutch. First car, manual transmission.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
7/18/22 6:56 p.m.

Visited my cousin's campsite trailer, did an autocross and went on a bike ride around town.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
7/18/22 8:20 p.m.

IT was DAM hot out.  By the thermometer it should not have been bad but the sun was particularly bright so indoor activity in the AC commenced.  Continued the "dig" in the basement and I think I am getting in to the early 1980's/late 70's

Picked up one of my boom sticks from the FFL that needed repair.  Testing will have to wait till it gets cooler next week.  My local FFL also had called me to come look at a M1 Grand.  There was no mention of price but I had told him my upper limit.  It was in exceptional condition. A musium piece.  All original matching numbers.  At 5K it was way to rich for me and even if I did get it I could never use it.  Made me happy to see this bit of history and get to handle a "like new" example.  At least now I know what they should be like for future reference.  

Took the family out to get Ice Cream at the local place that makes all there own stuff on site.  

Spent some quality time at the work bench gluing several things back together.  A picture frame, a porcelain figure from a yard sale.   That was about it.  

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
7/18/22 10:36 p.m.

Boating and tubing on Elk Lake in northern MI yesterday.  Great family day playing in the lake on our new toy.  Saturday was dinner then a camp fire on the beach as the sun was setting.  

Gary
Gary UberDork
7/30/22 7:52 p.m.

We had an "everything free" yard sale today. Cleared out our cellar. Almost everything went, which I'm happy for. Annie and I worked our butts off. So tonight we went to our local place Bill's to celebrate. Here we are with our friend Scott ... who bought me a wee bit of Johnnie Walker Blue. laugh

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
7/30/22 8:03 p.m.

New trim tabs on the Shamrock. 

Old, hydraulic,  and broken. 

New and electric.

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
7/30/22 8:06 p.m.

Went out to breakfast with the family.  Mowed the lawn, changed the oil in my wife's Cayenne.  Read my new R&T magazine, going to a friends house and might buy a spare set of 18x12 wheels with NT01's for my 996 from him.

Tomorrow going to swap out the rear brake pads/rotors on my daughters Xterra and meet with my landscaper and my neighbor to see about connecting his garage downspout to an extension that leads out to the curb so my basement will stop flooding.  Then maybe go on a dirt bike ride...

7/30/22 10:57 p.m.

Two events today at the Firm, autocross in the morning then track sprint in the afternoon. I left the Miata home since it doesn't have a roll bar, drove my recently acquired civic. It's only 140 horsepower at 2800 lbs but still second in class both events. 

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
7/31/22 8:35 a.m.

Nerding it up with my 501st Legion friends at the Air Force museum.  (Doing it again next weekend.)

5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F8OkBa8mvJMNVXzFREbGKeIambnPQW84p2ZwnJ7VktZroMFx5XyOR0hdfwBBHQlb