1 2
CAinCA
CAinCA HalfDork
3/17/22 2:38 p.m.

I'm sorry David. It truly is sad. 

One of my co-workers passed away in early 2020. We were never told why he died but he had a pre-existing condition. He was a bit younger than I am and had a teen aged daughter. We weren't particularly close but it hit me pretty hard. 

P5Racer (formerly BMWGeoff)
P5Racer (formerly BMWGeoff) Reader
3/17/22 3:00 p.m.

My condolences to all who have lost people to Covid. I've lost 5 family members in the last 2 years, thankfully none to Covid (3 old age, 1 cancer, 1 drug od).

I tested positive last Friday, after my wife and almost 4 year old son did earlier in the week. Wife and I are triple vaxxed, and we're in Canada, where masking and other restrictions have been stricter than south of the border. They've both recovered, but I'm still feeling the effects.

I'm relatively young, healthy, active and have no underlying health issues. Given how I've felt the last 6 days, if I wasn't vaxxed, I'd probably be in a hospital bed right now. 

CAinCA
CAinCA HalfDork
3/17/22 3:21 p.m.

In reply to P5Racer (formerly BMWGeoff) :

I'm sorry to hear that you've got it. I hope you feel better soon. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
3/17/22 3:28 p.m.

That sucks, sorry to hear it. I know we have lost a few people from this board to it, and it just blows. Somehow I've never had it, nor have my wife or kids. No clue why we have lucked out so far. 

gimpstang
gimpstang Reader
3/17/22 10:04 p.m.

I'm an ICU nurse.  In one stretch of three weeks, four shifts a week, I would take care of two patients only to come in the next shift and find that they both had died.   24 people in three weeks that I personally took care of. 

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
3/17/22 10:27 p.m.

In reply to gimpstang :

That has to be horrible.   I don't think I could handle that.

I lost a friend from high school and his brother.   The brother tested positive on the weekend, and they both decided to quarantine.   No one heard anything from either of them by mid-week, so a well being check was made on Thursday.   One had died in the bathroom, and the other in his bed.       This was just weeks before they were eligible for the vaccine last year.    I'm still having a difficult time reconciling it.

gimpstang
gimpstang Reader
3/17/22 10:55 p.m.

Yeah. None of us are right anymore.  We've had over 2/3 of the nurses in the unit leave.  New grads took their place and they burned out too. It was pretty much two years of hell. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/17/22 11:03 p.m.

In reply to gimpstang :

You and your crew are stronger than most of us can possibly imagine.

Thank you.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
3/17/22 11:07 p.m.

My friend died of Covid today.  Kind of ironic it's St Patricks day too since he's an Irish guy.   I cried as I drove home.  

RIP buddy.  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LMHlmmHktwTGqt5cVw5EaK6XyXGrEulKuwfLlPnPBUxNlKWIwqJC5C7aqMxYiYFw