1 2 3 4
Jerry
Jerry UberDork
3/17/18 9:21 a.m.

When I was a kid, Deep Purple "My woman from 2 KO".

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/17/18 10:10 a.m.

A couple weeks ago there was an epiphany thread on my favorite not-news aggregator.  One commentor said that he listened to the lyrics to Prince's "Little Red Corvette" and realized that the "pocket full of horses" were Trojan condoms and "all the jockeys" were all the guys she had sex with before.

So a couple days ago, a song's on the radio, and I hear in passing some lyrics about horses and jockeys....

All this time, I thought he was singing "Baby come back", not "Little red corvette".

Thhat's what you get when the lyrics volume is really low in the mix.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/17/18 10:20 a.m.
STM317 said:

I once heard somebody sing "Excuse me while I kiss this guy", and now I can't hear it any other way

That is the name of a book of misheard lyrics.  We got it for my mom one year for Christmas.

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
3/23/18 7:20 a.m.
Dead_Sled said:

Until I corrected her a few years ago, swimbo thought van halens "Panama" was "animal".  It still is to me laugh

When I was a kid I thought it was "cannonball"

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
3/23/18 7:30 a.m.
STM317 said:

I once heard somebody sing "Excuse me while I kiss this guy", and now I can't hear it any other way

Beat me too it.  As a young teen I thought the same thing.

NickD
NickD UltraDork
3/23/18 7:33 a.m.
gearheadmb said:
Dead_Sled said:

Until I corrected her a few years ago, swimbo thought van halens "Panama" was "animal".  It still is to me laugh

Me too, on the "Cannonball" 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
3/23/18 7:46 a.m.

"Rock the gas pump, rock the gas pump, she really doesn't like it."

gearheadmb
gearheadmb Dork
3/23/18 8:02 a.m.
Jerry said:

When I was a kid, Deep Purple "My woman from 2 KO".

Deep purple was very under appreciated I think. Sure everybody loves smoke on the water, but "Hush" was even better. 

But I actually feel this way about most 70's rock bands. It was like led zeppelin laid the path out for what rock should be for the next decade, and some people picked up the ball and ran with it really well. Billy Squier is a prime example. That guy has a pretty badass collection of songs. Nobody talks about Billy Squier.

Edit; Billy Squier did his music in the early 80s not the 70s. 

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
3/23/18 3:59 p.m.

TIL - (CCR again), it's "Sweet Hitchhiker", not "Swedish (indistinguishable)".

Carry on. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
3/23/18 9:04 p.m.
gearheadmb said:
Dead_Sled said:

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
3/28/18 4:00 p.m.

Heard a pretty funny comedy bit about realizing it was "Nights in White Satin", not "Knights in White Satin".  Can't remember who the comedian was, though.

coexist
coexist Reader
3/28/18 4:29 p.m.

Secret..Asian Man

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
3/28/18 5:53 p.m.

I checked one yesterday, and it turns out I was correct.  Radar Love, has the line, "Brenda Lee comin' on strong", and I always thought I must be wrong.  A hard rock song about the woman who sang "Sorry" seemed wrong, but when you listen to the rest of the chorus, it makes sense..

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/28/18 6:58 p.m.
kazoospec said:

TIL - (CCR again), it's "Sweet Hitchhiker", not "Swedish (indistinguishable)".

Carry on. 

I always heard ,"Swedish hitchhiker,  won't you ride on my face...yeah"

Casual Six
Casual Six UltraDork
3/28/18 7:00 p.m.

"Only a man in a funny red sheet

Looking for special things in sodomy

In sodomy"

Gimp
Gimp SuperDork
3/29/18 9:47 a.m.

"Pancakes don't fix bullet holes."

Also - http://www.atomandhispackage.com/lyrics.html

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
7/23/19 6:28 a.m.

Added another today listening to Disturbed's version of "Sound of Silence".  It's "silence like a cancer grows", not "silence like a casserole". 

infinitenexus
infinitenexus New Reader
7/23/19 7:13 a.m.

That Stevie Nicks song

"Just like the one-winged dove..."

slowbird
slowbird Reader
7/23/19 7:32 a.m.

Actual line: "Ohhh big ol' jet airliner"

My interpretation: "ohhh we goin' jedda lineup" (no I don't know what that is either)

Once I learned what it actually is, and listened to the rest of the lyrics more closely for once...it made a lot more sense.

slowbird
slowbird Reader
7/23/19 7:41 a.m.
MadScientistMatt said:

"Rock the gas pump, rock the gas pump, she really doesn't like it."

Lock the taskbar, lock the taskbar...

NickD
NickD PowerDork
7/23/19 8:08 a.m.

Picking on CCR again, Have You Ever Seen The Rain. It goes:

When it's over so they say
It'll rain a sunny day
I know shinin' down like water

But I hear:

When it's over, sew the sea
It'll rain of Sunny D
I know, China don't like water

bmw88rider
bmw88rider SuperDork
7/23/19 8:34 a.m.

I always mess up in my head as of late the line from Def Leppard's Pour some sugar on me that goes "Livin' like a lover with a radar phone" I hear in my head "Livin' like a lover with a red IPhone"

I know it's totally impossible given when the song was made but I guess my mind has just modernized the song for the 21st century. 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
7/23/19 9:25 a.m.
gearheadmb said:

But I actually feel this way about most 70's rock bands. It was like led zeppelin laid the path out for what rock should be for the next decade, and some people picked up the ball and ran with it really well. Billy Squier is a prime example. That guy has a pretty badass collection of songs. Nobody talks about Billy Squier.

He's the radio star that video killed. (This video, specifically, in case you were wondering.)

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
7/23/19 9:39 a.m.

"Slow motion Walter, the fire engine guy"

"Big ol' Jed had a light on"

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
7/23/19 11:44 a.m.

I'm pretty sure most people have heard that one Fall Out Boy lyric as "This ain't a scene, it's a god damn arse face"

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eYAg9TkFp0fXEO8TL8opjpMYc319ZkEmQNArbyqWmkFDqGXrTfkihbAm5qDDJ398