6 7 8
poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
1/30/18 6:55 p.m.

Just curious: Are any of you who despise this series big fans of episodes 1-3?

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/30/18 7:07 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel again :

I wouldn't say big fan, but I enjoyed them more than TLJ. I'd actually put Rogue One in the top 2 Star Wars movies, which makes me strange as well.

06HHR
06HHR HalfDork
1/30/18 9:36 p.m.

I missed this review, but i'd say it's spot on. The Last Jedi doesn't care what you think about Star Wars It was a concerted effort to bury the old and set up the new, whatever that may be.

NickD
NickD UltraDork
1/31/18 5:22 a.m.
poopshovel again said:

I don't like Episode 1 (it's really boring and pointless), but I enjoy 2 and I think that 3 may be my favorite.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/31/18 8:32 a.m.
06HHR said:

I missed this review, but i'd say it's spot on. The Last Jedi doesn't care what you think about Star Wars It was a concerted effort to bury the old and set up the new, whatever that may be.

I don't care that TLJ doesn't care.  I don't even really care about the whole SW canon.  I just think TLJ was a fairly bad movie by cinematic standards, regardless of what it did or didn't do to the SW universe.

poopshovel again said:

Is anybody a big fan of Ep 1-3?!  I thought they were pretty bad, but not that much worse than TLJ.  Except Jarjar.  Jarjar was a lot worse than anything else, except maybe the Ewoks.

I love Ep IV (ANH) and Ep V (ESB), hate Ep VI (ROTJ), hate Ep 1, don't care at all about Ep 2-3 (can't even remember what any of them are called, which says something), like Ep VII (TFA) and R1 very much, and I think Ep VIII (TLJ) was stupid.

scardeal
scardeal SuperDork
1/31/18 8:37 a.m.

I didn't even watch 2 and 3.  Or if I did, it's been erased from my memory.  I thought Rogue One was impressive.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
1/31/18 8:46 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

There is one (and only one) very good reason we should all give at least a minor crap about Episode 1- podracing.  If you ignore the bigger plot and just focus on that, it's about a kid who builds a racecar out of trash and wins the biggest event on the planet with it.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
1/31/18 8:51 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

In reply to Duke :

There is one (and only one) very good reason we should all give at least a minor crap about Episode 1- podracing.  If you ignore the bigger plot and just focus on that, it's about a kid who builds a racecar out of trash and wins the biggest event on the planet with it.

Also the E1 Racer games were fun.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/31/18 9:03 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

All right, fair enough.  And I forgot Greg Proops was the announcer for the pod race.  So maybe I'll upgrade Ep I from "hate" to "don't like".

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
1/31/18 10:29 a.m.

I was ok with episode 1 and 3, but #2 is completely pointless.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/31/18 11:28 a.m.

Star Wars good stuff:

Episode 1 - Blockade story was alright, the fight inside the droid ship was awesome, Maul!, Pod Racing

Episode 2 - Kamino. 

Episode 3 - Grievous, the big fight at the end, Palpatine's betrayal, the freaking lava fight!!

Episode 4 - Great story, the Falcon, trench run!

Episode 5 - Pretty much perfect, widely considered the best Star Wars

Episode 6 - Fully operational/It's a Trap!, the big duel at the end/Vader's redemption, the space battle!

Episode 7 - Jakku was cool, the Falcon again, Han being Han, Finn/Poe banter

Episode 8 - Uhhh... Luke at the very end? Actually considered the worst Star Wars, even lower rated than Episode 1

Rogue One - A 10/10 war movie and 8/10 Star Wars movie, quickly becoming the 2nd best Star Wars

Solo - Will be an utter steaming pile of bantha fodder. Even Ron Howard can't save this hot mess. Should be re-wrote/re-shot as "Lando" and not released until December if the mouse has any brains, which they don't.

Space Balls - A *much* better version of Episode 8, with less plot holes, better comedy, and better cinematic value.

In reply to Javelin :

You forgot to add:

Space Balls - "She's gone from 'suck' to blow'!!!

stroker
stroker UltraDork
1/31/18 2:02 p.m.

I've got a question from TLJ--WTF is "Poe"?  Seriously.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/31/18 9:09 p.m.

In reply to stroker :

X-Wing fighter jock.

I'm still waiting for Spaceballs II: The Search for More Money. 

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UltraDork
2/1/18 8:59 a.m.

Edited: TLJ has the biggest plot hole in the entire franchise: Look at me, on a big ship being chased down by other big ships, hours away from them catching me. I know, lets hop in a shuttle, fly from the fleeing ship to a whole other planet, spend some time in jail, have a big battle, escape, and fly back to the big ship still being chased by the bigger ship. Bueler, if you can do all that in the shuttle, imagine what you could have done with your time if you had just ferried people off in the first place and not bothered with all the rest.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
2/1/18 9:13 a.m.
NickD said:
poopshovel again said:

I don't like Episode 1 (it's really boring and pointless), but I enjoy 2 and I think that 3 may be my favorite.

I'm with you on that. Except take 2 and 3 and remove any scene that Obi-Wan, Yoda, or Emperor aren't in. (ie no Anakin/Padame)

Rogue One is the best since the original 4-6.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/1/18 9:28 a.m.

In reply to oldopelguy :

I think you mean TLJ, not R1...?

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UltraDork
2/1/18 9:37 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

You are correct sir, pile me on to the list of TLJ detractors.

6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
z1iUcQ7anVMK7LLzsTKnwpPMAYDywNo3sTufo6dqi02aMPEhPkHSDyrwYfdRXLQW