1 2 3 4
Wally
Wally UltimaDork
12/23/12 3:00 a.m.

In reply to Trans_Maro:

trucke
trucke Reader
12/23/12 7:12 a.m.

My wife's getting a 2008 Highlander. She needed a car made in this century. The benefit for me is I don't have to come home and hear her say 'My car is making a terrible noise'. So it works out for both of us.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
12/23/12 9:16 a.m.

She is getting a Nexus7 and stuff for the 740i.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltraDork
12/23/12 9:26 a.m.

My wife is getting some books and some make up that she wanted. We also do stockings, so she's got some product in there too.

sachilles
sachilles SuperDork
12/23/12 9:28 a.m.

She is getting a vinyl tree. She wanted it. It's a die cut vinyl graphic to put on a wall in our house.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w UltraDork
12/23/12 10:02 a.m.

She's getting some Zombie family stickers for the car and a shirt I made for her on Cafe Press:

Grandma's present to us is taking the kids for a whole weekend sometime in January, so whatever we do that weekend will end up being the rest of our Christmas present.

jere
jere Reader
12/23/12 2:48 p.m.

In reply to drsmooth:

Wow any more details on the who and where those shoes are made by?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce HalfDork
12/23/12 4:07 p.m.

Canoli tubes. The woman wants to make me dessert, who am I to say no? I also made her a necklace that spells out love in Morse code. She really likes it when I take the time to make her stuff. Christmas is really about the kids now though, so we don't worry about each other too much.

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
12/23/12 4:38 p.m.

In reply to drsmooth:

That's AWESOME. My wife is a massage therapist so I thought you were going to say you got her massages but I like the idea of custom shoes - I might have to do the same for her! May I ask from whom are you ordering?

m4ff3w
m4ff3w UltraDork
12/23/12 4:48 p.m.

I forgot, I bought her some stuff at Fredericks of Hollywood and a Galaxy S3

pinchvalve
pinchvalve UltimaDork
12/23/12 5:53 p.m.

My wife asked for a toothbrush. Same make/model that she has now, just a new one. What am I supposed to do with a list like that?

ronholm
ronholm Reader
12/23/12 5:57 p.m.

Honestly. I did the DIB one year for my wife. She had never seen the bit. It went over VERY well. She still talks about. And has the box

But round here. Jewelry is the go to.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
12/23/12 7:16 p.m.

Its a poor year for is... so I rooted her kindle fire and installed a full android ROM on it... I'm using it right now... ya know... to make sure it works

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
12/23/12 9:12 p.m.

My wife is getting this:

Total Driving experience in a Z06

Driving 20 laps at whatever speed she can muster, a lot, on the infield of TMS and then 5 laps from an instructor to show her what she'd left on the table.

We were there in October while my daughter did the Nascar drive and they were doing this in the infield. She practically dragged me over there to watch while she said "That's what I want to do instead of that Nascar thing!"

So what was I to do?

As a matter of fact my middle daughter is getting it too.

Both of them are also getting a session & class at the local indoor gun range where they learn to shot & care for their pistols. They wanted those too.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair PowerDork
12/23/12 11:42 p.m.

keurig k-cup machine

drsmooth
drsmooth New Reader
12/24/12 12:57 a.m.
jere wrote: In reply to drsmooth: Wow any more details on the who and where those shoes are made by?
chknhwk wrote: In reply to drsmooth: That's AWESOME. My wife is a massage therapist so I thought you were going to say you got her massages but I like the idea of custom shoes - I might have to do the same for her! May I ask from whom are you ordering?

I have narrowed it down to 2 places. Both, you have to go visit in order for the measurements and fittings to take place.

Ether Elio's http://eliosfootcomfort.com or BioPed http://www.bioped.com/locations/locations_index.asp

Both of these are likely a more than one day drive each way for most on the GRM Board to visit. However most people in North America are within a hour drive of a shop that does the same. Some will also do Mail order, but I would rather send my wife to the facility to be measured for fit. Rather than measuring it at home.

Also some tips...

Tip 1 Prices are all over the map. For instance you go to a shop in Manhattan expect to pay big $$$ possibly in the thousands. A shop in average sized town (insert name here) will likely be far less for exactly the same service. Usually in the hundreds..

Tip 2 After a mold of the foot is made make sure to keep it safe. Subsequent shoes can be made from the same mold.

Tip 3 The shoes are generally rebuild-able at a fraction of the cost of a new pair. Soles are worn out?? Bring them back and have new soles installed. Stitches coming apart, (not likely but if it does) bring them back and have new stitching installed. Or bring them to a local cobbler who can repair it for a few bucks.

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
12/24/12 1:48 p.m.

In reply to drsmooth:

Thanks! I'll be on the lookout after I move next month.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
12/24/12 2:53 p.m.

Mine wanted some Alex and Ani bracelets that seem to be the trend right now. So while we were shopping a few nights ago, I let her pick out the ones she wanted and she was very happy. It was easy!

Side note: I wish I thought of those stupid things. They look like a piece of wire with a couple little dangly things hanging off that "mean something" and probably cost $0.37 to make each and sell for like $30-40. Straight cash homey!!!!

stroker
stroker Dork
12/24/12 10:18 p.m.

since she moved out in August, not a berkleying thing.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
12/24/12 10:33 p.m.
stroker wrote: since she moved out in August, not a berkleying thing.

Sounds like you're better off without her....you should at least send a thank you card.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
12/25/12 12:20 a.m.
SilverFleet wrote: Side note: I wish I thought of those stupid things. ... probably cost $0.37 to make each and sell for like $30-40.

This needs to be a thread.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/25/12 6:22 a.m.

(EDIT) DAMNIT WALLY!

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
12/25/12 7:32 a.m.
JoeyM wrote:
Sounds like you're better off without her....you should at least send a thank you card.

I thought about sending my ex a 'thank you for going away' card, but no one makes them and I'm too lazy to make one myself.

This was way up there, but I'm too cheap.

http://www.deadflowers.org/

calteg
calteg Reader
12/25/12 10:09 a.m.

All-clad slow cooker. She just opened it and lost her mind (in a good way)

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
12/25/12 10:44 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote:
JoeyM wrote:
I thought about sending my ex a 'thank you for going away' card, but no one makes them and I'm too lazy to make one myself. This was way up there, but I'm too cheap. http://www.deadflowers.org/

there's always this from Roy Clark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx8x3LCnYZw

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9execQ7yJcW652xAeSIIuRC6e8begH7m7N5co2wbZZpftoHmlJkZ8289tghxbul6